Topic: Desjardin vs. Sonier

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Lettuce
Lettuce
  • Predictions:  270  |  54.8%
  • Forum Posts:  73
  • Post Score: 30

11.05.2010 | 11:55 AM ET

Prediction: correct Desjardin   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

0-10 maybe time to hang em up

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful."

Responses

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,554  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,506
  • Post Score: 60

11.05.2010 | 11:55 AM ET

Desjardin vs. Sonier Prediction Commentary

This is the official prediction commentary thread for Desjardin vs. Sonier. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

11.05.2010 | 5:11 PM ET

You would think a fight against a 0-10 guy would be a gimme. But when his opponent is 0-3 neither is a good bet. This is a fight of who sucks more. I'm not even picking this one this entire event has no one worth picking. 

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,816  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,560
  • Post Score: 275

11.05.2010 | 5:47 PM ET

It's a regional event in Massachusetts.  You might see a few of them show up on the site from time to time.

"I live, I die, I live again."

Theo_Desjardin
Theo_Desjardin
  • Predictions:  73  |  49.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6
  • Post Score: 100

11.08.2010 | 4:59 AM ET

Prediction: correct Desjardin   wrong KO/TKO   correct Round 1  

Thanks for the vote Lettuce....And Bigj, its more of a fight of who wants the win more, and in that case its definitely me... if you were actually in our area and came out to an AFO show you'd be singin a totally different tune man. The AFO works its ass off to put on great mma events since its start nearly 3yrs ago and has become the hardest working promotion in Mass if not all of New England. There are a ton of great fighters that fight in the AFO, take for instance Ken Stone product of South Shore Sport Fighting and now a member of American Top Team in Coconut Creek, FL was given a contract to the WEC ( well now the UFC) after his performance on the last AFO card. So just because we're not on Spike or Versus doesnt mean we dont have talented fighters, it just means we're still on a local level, guys like Chuck Liddell, Rampage, Rashad Evans, Uriah Faber, Mike Brown (who actually cornered Ken Stone) all started on a local level

"There is no pain if you want to win bad enough"

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,816  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,560
  • Post Score: 275

11.08.2010 | 5:26 AM ET

Theo is right... I've been to several AFO shows and they have all been awesome.  And I'm also pumped to see Ken Stone make the move from AFO to WEC/UFC. I think he's got what it takes to beat Eddie Wineland.

But I also understand what BigJ is saying.  Up until now all the events we've had posted on Tapology were UFC/Strikeforce/Bellator level events. AFO was the first local show we posted, but we didn't explain why we posted it, or even that it was a local show.  So people like BigJ clicked on it and were probably like "*** I haven't heard of these fighters."   I doubt he meant any disrespect or knew that you'd be on here to defend yourself, Theo.

We'll be posting more local events, and we'll try to find a way to separate them and make it clear what's what. Probably a "regional" section that you can click on and see the events that are nearby.  One step at a time though.

"I live, I die, I live again."

ksturdiv
ksturdiv
  • Predictions:  2,225  |  55.9%
  • Forum Posts:  87
  • Post Score: 47

11.08.2010 | 6:11 AM ET

I like the addition of local/regional events. It's good for fighters that are looking to make a career out of this and start looking for fights beyond their backyard so they don't get smoked on a national level.

"Live, Love, Fight"

Theo_Desjardin
Theo_Desjardin

11.08.2010 | 7:17 AM ET

yea that makes perfect sense of why Bigj was kinda doubtin the caliber of fighters we have in the AFO, so its totally understandable, but I mean I would've chose a different way of wording things but hes got the right to his opinion as I do mine, so its all good. 

And I fully agree with you about Ken Stone, Greg....But I am an Eddie Wineland fan so that would be a toss up for me but a great fight to watch, that definitely has fight of the night written all over it! Im so pumped about this merger!

billy
billy
  • Predictions:  391  |  57.3%
  • Forum Posts:  145
  • Post Score: 16

11.08.2010 | 7:45 AM ET

I don't know anything about this event, but if one guy just got put in the WEC there must be some talent.  I'd like to know when there are events taking place near me so a regional section would be cool.

"proving to daddy that i'm no fool"

dhaggs
dhaggs
  • Predictions:  120  |  59.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3

11.10.2010 | 10:03 AM ET

New England is a quickly becoming an MMA proving ground.

Having seen Theo and Doug fight, I cannot imagine Theo losing this bout under any circumstance. Theo is a talented young fighter on the local MMA scene and no disrespect to Doug but he is neither. On another note, there are several New England promotions that are turning out some great talent that has moved onto or will move onto the BIG time. This a result of this region having some of the best MMA trainers, fight teams and schools like , South Shore Sport Fighting, Lauzon's MMA, Team Link, Cape Cod Fighting Alliance, SYT , and Wai Kru . These are just a few off the top of my head that all have fighters doing well at the next level. I know I am preaching to the choir for all of us local NE MMA fans but just wanted to give the overall MMA fans a sense of what great things are happening in NE.

"Anything is possible!....... KG "

Theo_Desjardin
Theo_Desjardin

11.17.2010 | 5:22 AM ET

Thank you man much appreciated.

GGSmith
GGSmith
  • Predictions:  584  |  55.5%
  • Forum Posts:  14
  • Post Score: 143

11.18.2010 | 8:28 AM ET

Sonier has never gotten through 2 minutes of round 1 in any fight he's ever been in. This is not a contest. It will be a burial for Sonier. I'm gonna call his beatdown the "Headache for the Holidays".

"Right leg, hospital. Left leg, cemetery."

PrimeAthletics
PrimeAthletics
  • Predictions:  33  |  51.5%
  • Forum Posts:  4
  • Post Score: 50

11.24.2010 | 5:09 AM ET

We hope this one is a blood bath before the ref steps in to save his life.

"Serious wear and gear for Serious Athletes"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Ryan Garcia will pay Devin Haney $1.5 million after coming in 3.2 pounds overweight, fight still on
  • MMAFighting.com : Ryan Garcia certain he couldn’t make weight for Devin Haney fight ‘unless I killed myself’
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! PFL Chicago Highlights, Streaming Updates TONIGHT!
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Chicago Highlights, Streaming Updates TONIGHT!
  • MMAFighting.com : Ryan Garcia chugs beer after badly missing weight, chaos overtakes final Devin Haney faceoff
  • MMA Mania : Mega Prospect Ready For UFC Call Up
  • MMA Junkie : Belal Muhammad fueled by Leon Edwards title fight delay, things getting personal: 'I hate his guts'
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Alex Perez Details Why Steve Erceg Got UFC Title Shot Over Muhammad Mokaev
  • MMA Mania : Garcia Chugs A Beer, Stares Down Fired-Up Haney
  • Bad Left Hook : Terence Crawford to face Israil Madrimov for WBA title at 154
  • MMAFighting.com : Devin Haney vs. Ryan Garcia weigh-in video
  • MMA Junkie : Photos: 2024 PFL 3 ceremonial weigh-ins, fighter faceoffs
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL newcomer Goiti Yamauchi inspired by Ronaldo in recovery from gruesome knee injury
  • MMA Junkie : MMA promotion adds bonus inspired by Max Holloway's UFC 300 knockout, and it's pretty wild
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier: Michael Chandler 'not driving the sales' in Conor McGregor fight, unlikely to get PPV points
  • Middle Easy : Jake Paul Lays Down $10 Million MMA Challenge to Nate Diaz and Jorge Masvidal: ‘I Want Either One’
  • MMA Mania : Garcia Misses Weight In Latest Circus Stunt
  • MMAFighting.com : Devin Haney vs. Ryan Garcia weigh-in video live now
  • Bad Left Hook : Charlo invokes right to Madrimov title fight
  • Jits Magazine : Free Fight Friday: Renato Canuto vs Damon Morgan