Topic: Mach Matsuri

Mach Festival Results!

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

edwinx1903
edwinx1903
  • Predictions:  1,280  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,039
  • Post Score: 245

09.29.2013 | 9:45 AM ET

A ton of weird last minute opponent changes.

From what I've read, Shamar Bailey withdrew from the fight as he refused to show up to the arena. No other details were given as to why he refused to show up.

Shamar Tweeted that Mach was struggling to make weight and they agreed to a catch weight, but again Mach failed to make it and the fight was off. No announcements were made of this and a last minute opponent for Mach replacement was made on fight day.

In the end it didn't matter because Mach still got KO'd by Korean Jae Suk Lim.

No idea why the European fighters who were fighting Yuki Niimura and Yuki Okano didn't fight either.

What's even stranger is that Niimura ended up fighting an unknown fighter named Omar Darvish who there's no background info available of and he's not even affiliated to any gym.

Also Okano ended up fighting Daryl Lokuku who fights regularly at lightweight in DEEP, but who probably walks around at 170 lbs or higher because he's missed weight on DEEP cards in the past, so that's not much of a stretch. Plus Daryl fights and trains in Japan, so he should've been prepared and rested.

* Edited at 09.29.2013, 9:45 AM ET *

Mach Matsuri
  • Sunday 09.29.2013 at 04:00 AM ET
  • Promotion: Mach Dojo
  • Ownership: Hayato Sakurai
  • Venue: Differ Ariake
  • Enclosure: Ring
  • MMA Bouts: 11
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Jae Seok Lim   defeats   Hayato Sakurai   via KO/TKO, Punches   5:21 Round 1 of 2 Bout Page
Yuki Okano   defeats   Daryl Lokoku   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   1:48 Round 2 of 2, 6:48 Total Bout Page
Yuki Niimura   defeats   Omar Darvish   via KO/TKO, Punches   0:13 Round 1 of 2 Bout Page
Kwang Hee Lee   defeats   Yoshiki Nakahara   via Decision, Split   2 Rounds, 10:00 Total Bout Page
Yusaku Tsukumo   defeats   Yusaku Inoue   via Decision, Majority   2 Rounds, 10:00 Total Bout Page
Yoshifumi Nakamura   defeats   Jae Woong Kim   via Submission, Arm Triangle Choke   2:45 Round 1 of 2 Bout Page
Kimihiro Eto   defeats   Hideto Kondo   via Decision, Majority   2 Rounds, 10:00 Total Bout Page
Kazuyuki Numajiri   defeats   Daishi Fukushima   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   4:29 Round 1 of 2 Bout Page
Atsushi Yamada   defeats   Osamu Ran   via Submission, Guillotine Choke   1:13 Round 1 of 2 Bout Page
Nao Yoneda   defeats   Jun Ando   via Submission, Kimura   0:49 Round 1 of 2 Bout Page
Kento Kayukawa   vs.   Alan Yoshihiro Yamaniha   Ends in a Draw, Majority   2 Rounds, 10:00 Total Bout Page

Responses

Legz
Legz
  • Predictions:  21,594  |  78.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,169
  • Post Score: 261

09.29.2013 | 8:39 PM ET

Predictions: 1 of 1 Winners, 1 Perfect, 100 Points   |   Tied for 76th

Why does Mach still try? He's so lazy these days it's a joke.

"This is Shooto!"

Lopati
Lopati
  • Predictions:  18,574  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13,352
  • Post Score: 179

09.29.2013 | 8:45 PM ET

From Shamar Bailey's FB page about this weekend's debacle!

Predictions: 4 of 7 Winners, 1 Perfect, 270 Points   |   11th Place

Goof to be back in the US! I could write a book about these last few days. Most of you know my opponent missed weight. We agreed on a catchweight to make it easier on him & have the fight go on. He decided not to make the catchweight. I flew halfway around the globe & was 9 lbs overweight when I landed. They did NOT get me a sauna as promised so I had to create a steamroom in the bathroom of the hotel & the cut weight in there over 5 hrs. But I still kept my commitment as a professional! I decided to buy a ticket home but asked for a new contract IN ENGLISH to be types up with new terms/compensation by the time I had to be on the shuttle to airport. This was not done. Thus no fight. Sakurai can explain to the Japanese fans why they have no main event. I hope he does a good job
___________________________________________________________________________________

Official Weigh in Results:
I weighed in at 76.5 kg for the agreed upon weight of 77.1 kg. 
(169 lbs) My opponent weighed in at 78.8 (176 lbs). We agreed upon catch weight of 78 kg (172 lbs) and he could not make that either.#FeelingFrustrated

The thing about doing what's right & holding others to that standard is, no matter how much others try to spin it or slander your name, what's right always prevails. Whether you're on the other side of the globe or in your backyard:) I'm confident in my decision this weekend, and life goes on.

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

Ronwah
Ronwah
  • Predictions:  26,938  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,343
  • Post Score: 222

09.30.2013 | 3:25 AM ET

Predictions: 3 of 7 Winners, 1 Perfect, 230 Points   |   21st Place

Sounds like Shamar would have won regardless of how much weight he gave to Mach. Unmotivated Macj is unmotivated......

"“I've said if Ivanka weren't my daughter, perhaps I'd be dating her.""

unoshowtenuno
unoshowtenuno
  • Predictions:  5,611  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  205
  • Post Score: 92

10.01.2013 | 11:03 PM ET

The promotion offered Bailey a 50% increase in his purse for the fight, and they even said they'd give him half of his purse just to explain to the fans what happened in the ring.

You gotta be an idiot not to take that money.

"We are all one"

edwinx1903
edwinx1903
  • Predictions:  1,280  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,039
  • Post Score: 245

10.02.2013 | 8:46 AM ET

I'm not surprised by all of this.

I'm also curious as to why the European fighters didn't make it to their fights. I wish there was a way to contact them and ask them what happened.
Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,473  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

10.02.2013 | 9:26 AM ET

Predictions: 3 of 7 Winners, 0 Perfect, 150 Points   |   Tied for 40th with 21 others

I really can't understand Shamar turning down the fight, you went all that way so what's a few pounds? Surely he knew Mach was way over the hill and that he was still smaller than Shamar even though he weighed more. Instead he threw a big hissy fit and left, if he didn't get paid that just makes it all the more irrational.

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• PFL 3 Tapology coverage is now live
  • Andrey Koreshkov vs. Magomed Umalatov - Round 3 is in progress.
  • Join the PFL 3 live discussion
  • Tapology Picks: Andrey Koreshkov 24% Magomed Umalatov 76%
  • Andrey "Spartan" Koreshkov (27-4-0) Omskaya oblast, RU is the #43rd Top Welterweight MMA fighter.
  • Magomed "Prince" Umalatov (14-0-0) FL, US is the #49th Top Welterweight MMA fighter.
  • PFL 3 features 12 MMA bouts
  • The event takes place from Wintrust Arena in Chicago, Illinois