Topic: Best Pound-for-Pound Men

My P4P Top 10

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Dr3w Cornish
Dr3w Cornish
  • Predictions:  1,642  |  60.7%
  • Forum Posts:  99
  • Post Score: 142

09.28.2013 | 6:10 AM ET

1. Jon Jones
2. Jose Aldo
3. Anderson Silva
4. George St Pierre
5. Renan Barao
6. Anthony Pettis
7. Cain Velasquez
8. Chris Weidman
9. Carlos Condit
10. Vitor Belfort

" The human brain can subjugate anything, even real pain. -Bruce Lee. The point is the doing of them rather than the accomplishments. There is no actor, but the action; there is no experiencer, but the experience. -Bruce Lee."

Responses

Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

09.28.2013 | 6:25 AM ET

1. GSP (no argument to be had)
2. Anderson Silva
3. Jon Jones
4. Jose Aldo
5. Cain Velasquez
6. Renan Barao
7. Dominick Cruz
8. Chris Weidman
9. Michael Chandler
10. Alexander Gustafsson

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

10.13.2013 | 5:00 PM ET

Pound for Pound has a lot of opinion to it, lets face it. Saying " Wow Chandler only has 1 top 10 win" is fair but he has a submission over Marcin Held, a first round KO over Rickels ( who has never been finished and only ever lost a bogus decision to Amoussou ). You can note how he completely trounced Rick Hawn, how he's undefeated ect. I personally think Chandler is the best Lighweight in the world and that Pettis probably will not make it past 3 defenses to begin with. 

I don't see how Pettis's level of competition is THAT MUCH better. I never saw Cerrone or Lauzon as top 10 LW's, I didn't even think Guida was a top 10 guy when Pettis lost to him. I thought his win over Benson in the Wec was his only top 10 win and that he got a title shot of hype and flash more than anything else. I think Benson was a paper champion most everyone thinks he lost to Gil or Frankie or both. Pettis lost to Palazewski in the Wec and his only other notable opponent in that organization is Castillo if I'm not mistaken who is anything but a top 20 LW. 

So, I'm rather convinced if you can put Pettis number 7 and tell me I'm absurd for having Chandler 8, you buy into the UFC brand a bit too much.

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 Results: Koreshkov vs. Umalatov
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: ‘I Decide Who, When, And Where’
  • MMA Mania : Muhammad Goes Off On Edwards And ‘Fakest Team I’ve Ever Seen’
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Garcia has skill set to compete with Devin Haney. Does he have mindset?
  • MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway mocks Ilia Topuria’s demands for potential fight; Topuria responds
  • MMA Junkie : Henry Cejudo: Bo Nickal needs to hold his horses, 'maybe 10 fights away from possibly becoming UFC champion'
  • MMA Mania : Frenemies? ‘I Hate To See A Fighter Lose His Confidence’
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 weigh-in results: Welterweights, featherweights set in Chicago
  • MMA Mania : ‘When I Was Your Age, I Already Had Title Defenses, Buddy’
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia fight card
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Belal Muhammad Claims He ‘Hates Leon Edwards’ Guts,’ Hopes To Dethrone The Welterweight King In Manchester
  • Middle Easy : Jorge Masvidal Says He’s ‘Definitely’ Returning To UFC, Wants Logan Paul Or Floyd Mayweather Jr In Boxing After Nate Diaz
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Suggests Herb Dean Played a Part in Jamahal Hill’s UFC 300 Loss, ‘Big’ John McCarthy Responds
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway responds to the 'un-BMF' demands from UFC champ Ilia Topuria
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Eddie Hearn says things about to get real for Ryan Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Hearn says things about to get real for Garcia
  • MMA Mania : PFL Chicago Weigh Ins Results, Staredowns!
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Relive every win of Conor McGregor’s epic UFC career
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Strickland vs. Paulo Costa: Odds and what to know ahead of UFC 302 co-headliner
  • MMA Mania : No Foul Play! ‘The Cutman Used A Boxing Technique’