Topic: Best Pound-for-Pound Men

My P4P Top 10

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Dr3w Cornish
Dr3w Cornish
  • Predictions:  1,642  |  60.7%
  • Forum Posts:  99
  • Post Score: 142

09.28.2013 | 6:10 AM ET

1. Jon Jones
2. Jose Aldo
3. Anderson Silva
4. George St Pierre
5. Renan Barao
6. Anthony Pettis
7. Cain Velasquez
8. Chris Weidman
9. Carlos Condit
10. Vitor Belfort

" The human brain can subjugate anything, even real pain. -Bruce Lee. The point is the doing of them rather than the accomplishments. There is no actor, but the action; there is no experiencer, but the experience. -Bruce Lee."

Responses

Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

09.28.2013 | 6:25 AM ET

1. GSP (no argument to be had)
2. Anderson Silva
3. Jon Jones
4. Jose Aldo
5. Cain Velasquez
6. Renan Barao
7. Dominick Cruz
8. Chris Weidman
9. Michael Chandler
10. Alexander Gustafsson

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

10.13.2013 | 5:00 PM ET

Pound for Pound has a lot of opinion to it, lets face it. Saying " Wow Chandler only has 1 top 10 win" is fair but he has a submission over Marcin Held, a first round KO over Rickels ( who has never been finished and only ever lost a bogus decision to Amoussou ). You can note how he completely trounced Rick Hawn, how he's undefeated ect. I personally think Chandler is the best Lighweight in the world and that Pettis probably will not make it past 3 defenses to begin with. 

I don't see how Pettis's level of competition is THAT MUCH better. I never saw Cerrone or Lauzon as top 10 LW's, I didn't even think Guida was a top 10 guy when Pettis lost to him. I thought his win over Benson in the Wec was his only top 10 win and that he got a title shot of hype and flash more than anything else. I think Benson was a paper champion most everyone thinks he lost to Gil or Frankie or both. Pettis lost to Palazewski in the Wec and his only other notable opponent in that organization is Castillo if I'm not mistaken who is anything but a top 20 LW. 

So, I'm rather convinced if you can put Pettis number 7 and tell me I'm absurd for having Chandler 8, you buy into the UFC brand a bit too much.

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Elijah Dorsey To Challenge Max Hanson For Welterweight Title At Enigma Invitational 15
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Buckley Lands UFC St. Louis Co-Main Vs. Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Just continue being the best’: Crawford looks forward to upcoming title fight with Madrimov
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Gets New Opponent For Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Terence Crawford vs. Israil Madrimov official; Isaac Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr. on undercard
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereira’s Wrestling To Ben Askren’s Striking: ‘Such A Deficiency’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows That’
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau done with Manel Kape bookings, focused on title shot after UFC on ESPN 55 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight card: Perry vs. Alves
  • Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann claims he hasn't watched tape on Bogdan Guskov ahead of UFC on ESPN 55 co-main bout
  • MMA Mania : Keep $300K Bonuses! ‘It Can’t Go Back’
  • MMAFighting.com : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev announced for UFC St. Louis co-headliner
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ‘It’s Weird To See’
  • MMAFighting.com : Cain Velasquez attempted murder trial set to begin in September
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo confirms UFC 301 final fight on contract, hints at boxing match at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Run it back, give fans a fair fight’: Devin Haney on Ryan Garcia loss
  • UFC.com : Alexandre Pantoja | TUF Beginnings