Topic: Top Middleweights - 185 lbs.

top middleweights in mma

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

ladylover213
ladylover213
  • Predictions:  5,411  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  392
  • Post Score: 48

07.04.2011 | 4:25 PM ET

1. anderson silva

2. ronaldo souza

3. hector lombard

4. brian stann

5. yushin okami

6. vitor belfort

7. chael sonnen

8. jorge santiago

9. chris leben

10. michael bisping

"Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster."

Responses Page 2

krazyhopz
krazyhopz
  • Predictions:  14,820  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  2,098
  • Post Score: 158

07.05.2011 | 7:51 PM ET

I think Munoz is the future of this division

"Everyone has a gameplan 'till they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson

jerry5
jerry5
  • Predictions:  1,893  |  56.2%
  • Forum Posts:  179
  • Post Score: 81

07.05.2011 | 8:33 PM ET

I have to ask why people put Munoz and Lombard on their lists. I'm not seeing it. I think more people would have Belcher higher up if they didn't look at the Akiyama fight as a loss...Belcher won that fight hands down. And the Jason day fight was just a mistake, he made huge improvements after that fight. Also less Jason Miller's than I thought. He nearly submitted Jask Shields twice in their fight.

"The young grow old, our pain and toys get bigger"

Heroak
Heroak
  • Predictions:  2,369  |  61.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,182
  • Post Score: 154

07.05.2011 | 8:39 PM ET

i was somewhat taking you seriously until i saw that you have tim kennedy in your top ten.

"Tell her I'm rich, and I'm good looking, and I have, uh, a ******'s wit."

thefreeman
thefreeman
  • Predictions:  9,496  |  60.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,751
  • Post Score: 198

07.05.2011 | 8:43 PM ET

@jerry5 Mark Munoz is fresh off a victory over Demian Maia whom you have ranked #8 in the world, that seems like a fairly solid argument for why many have Munoz in the top ten
CashBrewyn
CashBrewyn
  • Predictions:  21,572  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,045
  • Post Score: 212

07.05.2011 | 8:46 PM ET

Maia is pretty much an unanimous top 10 ranked Middleweight and Munoz beat him..along with Dolloway and Simpson on a 3 fight win streak...Lombard was won 22 in a row..i'd love to see Lombard vs Paul Harris

"My hearts pumpin' the blood of Royce Gracie My thoughts dumpin' the slug and point straightly"

krazyhopz
krazyhopz

07.05.2011 | 8:47 PM ET

@jerry5 you really have tim kennedy over mark munoz and hector lombard...i think hector is somewhat unproven, but munoz is a beast...kennedy is not exactly fighting the best in the world

as far as belcher he just hasn't fought much recently, otherwise he probably would be on my list

Dannotheman
Dannotheman
  • Predictions:  9,433  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,406
  • Post Score: 185

07.05.2011 | 8:51 PM ET

Tim Kennedy is good, but not top 10 warranted yet.

Jacare would beat any UFC MW not named Anderson(and could possibly beat Silva).

Lombard is legit, nobody in the UFC is gonna really hurt him aside from Silva. Judo BB, BJJ BB, and dynamite hands. Cardio is his only question mark but that doesn't affect him in 3 round fights.

Munoz didn't deserve the win over Maia.

"God please give me patience, if you give me strength I will just punch them in the face."

krazyhopz
krazyhopz

07.05.2011 | 9:04 PM ET

well his cardio hasn't been a factor yet because no one is challenging him in bellator, he hasn't fought any tough competition at all. i don't think kennedy is top 10 either but i think he's got a pretty decent shot of beatin lombard...hector has big fish in a small pond written all over him imo

t0rch
t0rch
  • Predictions:  5,787  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,658
  • Post Score: 208

07.05.2011 | 9:46 PM ET

Munoz has some of the most overrated wrestling in MMA. 

"I would agree with you, but then we would both be wrong."

jerry5
jerry5

07.05.2011 | 10:12 PM ET

That's fair, but I just don't get excited about Munoz beating Simpson or Dollaway. Maia has been more impressive and that's humbling because I didn't think he was an MMA fighter until I saw how far his stand up has come when he fought Grove. I think Munoz is overrated and if he's matched up with someone universally ranked in the top ten MW, I have no doubt he'll lose that fight.

As for Lombard, he's only on an 18 fight win streak (22-0-1 in last 23), which would be impressive if the biggest names on that list weren't Joe Doerksen, Jared Hess and James Te-Huna. Mark my words, Jesse Taylor will beat Hector Lombard on August 27th.

jerry5
jerry5

07.05.2011 | 10:37 PM ET

Kennedy has been asking for better competition and even threaten to go back in the Army if he didn't get it. With the exception of Souza and Miller he really hasn't been tested. I think the Robbie Lawlor fight he'll show people what he's worth.

RWLawman
RWLawman
  • Predictions:  2,583  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,053
  • Post Score: 173

07.05.2011 | 10:45 PM ET

It was really hard for me not to put Kennedy at 10 and drop Bisping lower, just because he's such a ********.  While he may be ranked as low as he is a little bit because of that fact, I try not to let my personal opinions about fighters effect their rankings TOO much.  However, I agree with the above, in that Tim Kennedy will soon be ranked much higher within the middleweight division as he receives his wish to face higher level competition.  I think he'll tap Lawler, and move on to bigger and better things.  A loss to "Jacare" Souza is nothing to hang your head about, because I think Souza will soon be the tip of the iceberg.

" "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars." - Khalil Gibran "

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Meet PFL’s Latest Flyweight Signing, Melissa Balic!
  • Jits Magazine : Elijah Dorsey To Challenge Max Hanson For Welterweight Title At Enigma Invitational 15
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Buckley Lands UFC St. Louis Co-Main Vs. Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Just continue being the best’: Crawford looks forward to upcoming title fight with Madrimov
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Gets New Opponent For Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Terence Crawford vs. Israil Madrimov official; Isaac Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr. on undercard
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereira’s Wrestling To Ben Askren’s Striking: ‘Such A Deficiency’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows That’
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau done with Manel Kape bookings, focused on title shot after UFC on ESPN 55 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight card: Perry vs. Alves
  • Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann claims he hasn't watched tape on Bogdan Guskov ahead of UFC on ESPN 55 co-main bout
  • MMA Mania : Keep $300K Bonuses! ‘It Can’t Go Back’
  • MMAFighting.com : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev announced for UFC St. Louis co-headliner
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ‘It’s Weird To See’
  • MMAFighting.com : Cain Velasquez attempted murder trial set to begin in September
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo confirms UFC 301 final fight on contract, hints at boxing match at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Run it back, give fans a fair fight’: Devin Haney on Ryan Garcia loss