Tapology Forums

UFC 132!

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  2,109  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,761
  • Post Score: 117

06.27.2011 | 3:33 PM ET

Is everyone as excited for this weekends UFC card as i am? I think this thing has the potential to be one of the best cards ever from top to bottom. Winner vs Njokuani - of course it's going to have fireworks! Bowels vs Mizugaki - I'm shocked this fight isn't even getting on the prelims with Bowels on the cusp of another title shot. Sotiropolous vs Dos Anjos is a grapplers dream Guillard vs Roller - Melvin always brings fireworks and i think Roller is going to bang with him after his most recent KO. Siver vs Wiman - quiet but very entertaining fight with both guys on a role. Ortiz vs Bader - could be a snoozer IMO, but it's always fun to hear Tito's excuse after a hard fought loss. Silva vs Leben - I think both fighers will try to employ a strategy before becoming impatient and swinging until someone's unconscious Condit vs Kim - could be for the #1 contendership given the recent Marquardt debacle and Story losing. And of course the bitter Cruz/Faber 2 rematch. I'm so stoked that these BW fighters are getting the chance to headline and show America how entertaining these nonstop little guys really are. I can't wait for Saturday night!

Responses

mmown
mmown
  • Predictions:  2,384  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  377
  • Post Score: 147

06.27.2011 | 3:38 PM ET

I'm really excited about this card. Especially the Cruz vs Faber. The little guys always put on a show.I think you're right about Ortiz vs Bader, it will most likely go to decision, with Tito losing.
bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  2,109  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,761
  • Post Score: 117

06.27.2011 | 3:43 PM ET

I'm going out on a limb here though, this time he wont' have a cracked skull or neck surgery awaiting, i think the loss fallls on his knee injury that needed reconstruction half way though camp. LOL

Dannotheman
Dannotheman
  • Predictions:  9,433  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,406
  • Post Score: 185

06.27.2011 | 3:48 PM ET

Agree. This card has the potential to be epic and even outdo last night's free card.d

"God please give me patience, if you give me strength I will just punch them in the face."

CashBrewyn
CashBrewyn
  • Predictions:  21,559  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,045
  • Post Score: 212

06.27.2011 | 3:49 PM ET

lol at Tito's excuses makes me think Tapology should have prop betting for such things as injury excuses etc

"My hearts pumpin' the blood of Royce Gracie My thoughts dumpin' the slug and point straightly"

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  5,113  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315
  • Post Score: 142

06.27.2011 | 4:06 PM ET

Leave Tito alone!!!... I think this is probably one of the best cards i have ever seen...

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

06.27.2011 | 6:54 PM ET

Ive been looking to this event more than any other this year. then again, the only other event that will top my excitement is ufc 138, for obvious reasons. Im gonna be glad to see Brian Bowles defeat Mizugaki and hope fully get a title shot.

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

minotauro11
minotauro11
  • Predictions:  2,483  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  4,493
  • Post Score: 148

06.27.2011 | 7:13 PM ET

I hate to be that one ********** who disagrees with everyone, but I can't get excited for this card. Mainly because the Ortiz/Bader fight and the main event. I just don't want to see either of those fights at all. Wandy/Leben and Condit/Kim could be awesome though. Siver/Wiman will likely be a solid fight.

Sot/DosAnjos and the Guillard fight are too one sided in my opinion
Bowles/Benavidez is a very good fight

The rest of the fights don't entice me what so ever. I'll watch the card, and it could be great, but I'm less excited for it than most other cards.

"We Are All One"

krazyhopz
krazyhopz
  • Predictions:  14,807  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,098
  • Post Score: 158

06.27.2011 | 7:46 PM ET

@mino allow me to be the 2nd ********* cuz i'm not excited about this card either condit/kim is the only fight that i even slightly care about....lol but i'll be watchin so i guess i can't complain too much

"Everyone has a gameplan 'till they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson

Elkisland
Elkisland
  • Predictions:  213  |  64.8%
  • Forum Posts:  499
  • Post Score: 132

06.27.2011 | 7:49 PM ET

This is a big card on paper. The outcome of the card is really centered around the Wand Leben fight. If that fight doesn't deliver people will flip.

"Serious sport is war minus the shooting. "George Orwell""

t0rch
t0rch
  • Predictions:  5,787  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,658
  • Post Score: 208

06.27.2011 | 7:49 PM ET

Only one prediction I am making. Somehow Tito is going to make this a memorable card.

"I would agree with you, but then we would both be wrong."

CashBrewyn
CashBrewyn
  • Predictions:  21,559  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,045
  • Post Score: 212

06.27.2011 | 7:51 PM ET

@mino just out of curiosity why don't you want to see Cruz/Faber?
personally I'm pretty excited for the card but then Condit, Bowles and Cruz are some of my favorites

"My hearts pumpin' the blood of Royce Gracie My thoughts dumpin' the slug and point straightly"

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero
  • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,396
  • Post Score: 240

06.27.2011 | 8:00 PM ET

i cant wait for cruz vs faber......i love the BW divison in general and these two guys are both great fighters!

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

Digler
Digler
  • Predictions:  78  |  67.9%
  • Forum Posts:  111
  • Post Score: 149

06.27.2011 | 8:01 PM ET

Hell Yes!

I get a woody just thinking about this fight.  I really want to see what Cruz can do against Faber this time around.  Is this kid for real?  I also like Brian Bowles and would like to see him get back into the title mix or get shoved aside if he proves unworthy.  I'm wondering how Condit stacks up against a tough grappler like Kim.  I figure Melvin
Guillard will destroy Shane Roller bringing him up a knotch in the stacked LW division.  Wanderlei vs Leben:  somebody is getting knocked out there and I think it will be Silva.  The other fights should be good as well.  Damn right I'm looking forward to this.
SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

06.27.2011 | 8:01 PM ET

This is gonna be a great card...I'm definitely looking forward to 135 more though!!

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

06.27.2011 | 11:29 PM ET

we will be buying this event, ufc 132 on ppv.
kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

06.27.2011 | 11:31 PM ET

only about 4 more days but it seems like an eternity already.

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

jersey0525
jersey0525
  • Predictions:  2,766  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,536
  • Post Score: 188

06.28.2011 | 12:01 AM ET

im a little hesitant about this card...i will explain myself thusly

1. main event between Cruz (guy who moves around ALOT and reminds me of gsp with his lack of concern to finish) and Faber (a shorter fighter with equal reach who is just gonna try and chase cruz)...im hoping (and predicting btw) that faber wins via 2nd rd tko...however, i think this fight is a borderline snoozer with judges determining winner..
2. I love condit....i remember how he got dominated for 2+ rounds by rory macdonald and got a little lucky imo with the late ref stoppage...and he's facing the judo equalivant in DYK..being a nate diaz fan, i've seen first hand this guy total lack of finishing...lay n pray is impossible to defend with a guy THIS strong..
3. bader vs ortiz.............really.........REALLY?? how does bader go from on the verge of title shot to..TITO!?! really?

sorry to be a downer...and i'm prolly just tryna make it seem less awesome because im unable to order it because of "prior commitments"...but still.....

"im an OT (ORIGINAL TAPOLOGIST), I used to write for cagepages.com. NO ONE CAN TAKE THAT LEFT HAND SHOT"

Dannotheman
Dannotheman
  • Predictions:  9,433  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,406
  • Post Score: 185

06.28.2011 | 12:10 AM ET

I think Faber will force Cruz into an exciting fight.

I do see DHK winning by decision, but I don't think I've ever seen a boring Condit fight and I think he'll make it competitive, and if he pulls out a late finish it's probably gonna be awesome.

I think Bader/Ortiz will be a really close decision actually, but I do think it will be the snoozer of the night.

"God please give me patience, if you give me strength I will just punch them in the face."

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

06.28.2011 | 12:24 AM ET

I think 132 is gonna be pretty damn good overall. I feel more excited to see stun gun vs Condit and Bader vs Ortiz then I do Faber vs Cruz. Not sure why. I think Faber will win a rather uneventful fight. Hope I'm wrong about the uneventful part.

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

geezhound
geezhound
  • Predictions:  6,745  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,297
  • Post Score: 193

06.28.2011 | 1:44 AM ET

I think the Bader/Ortiz fight will go exactly the way ALL of us already imagine. Neither one of them are going to pull a rabbit out of their hat and surprise us.
Poor(at best) stand-up from both of them, many failed TD attempts, lots of WnS and very little action with Bader winning a close UD or even a split. Followed by Tito saying he has no excuses, but has been around since 96, yadda yadda yadda, and deserves another shot.
I hope I'm wrong, but this is the "run to the bathroom, get another beer or go flip the steaks on the grill" fight of the night.

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Bubba Jenkins over once-heated rivalry with Chris Wade following trilogy cancellation: 'I don't even say that name'
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 54 official weigh-in results, live video stream (9 a.m. ET)
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Sean Strickland claims ‘Canada threatened to pull me’ from UFC 297, teases move to boxing
  • MMA Mania : Mac: UFC ‘Prestige’ Makes Up For Lower Pay
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Atlantic City weigh-in video
  • UFC.com : Weigh-In Results | UFC Atlantic City
  • Bad Left Hook : Valdez vs Wilson: Live updates and results, 6:10 pm ET
  • The Athletic : UFC featherweight champion Ilia Topuria says title fight at Santiago Bernabéu Stadium ‘very, very, very possible’
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! ‘Regretful’ Biter Breaks Silence
  • MMA Mania : An Elite Contender With Only One Combo
  • MMA Mania : ‘Come Over Here Real Quick, Win A Belt, Maybe Win Another Belt’
  • Middle Easy : Conor McGregor Plans To Continue Fighting Until He’s ‘In The F*cking Grave,’ Wants To Face Similar-Aged Opponents
  • Middle Easy : Khalil Rountree Jr Claims Fans Want To See Him Fight Alex Pereira, Doesn’t Care If Pereira Is Champion
  • MMAFighting.com : Vince McMahon unloads another $100 million of TKO Group Holdings stock
  • MMA Junkie : 'That's not who I am': Igor Severino apologizes for bite, hopes one mistake doesn't define career
  • MMA Mania : ‘A Big Spit In The Face Of All The Champions’
  • MMAFighting.com : Payton Talbott rejects Sean O’Malley comparisons after UFC Vegas 89: ‘I don’t want to be compared’
  • UFC.com : Joaquin Buckley: ‘This Is The Reason I’m Here’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’d love that fight’: Tszyu willing to face Spence next, talks fight with Fundora
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’d love that fight’: Tim Tszyu willing to face Errol Spence next, talks fight with Sebastian Fundora