Topic: Shock n' Awe 14

Shock n' Awe 14 - Discussion

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

R1zla
R1zla
  • Predictions:  22,459  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,656
  • Post Score: 191

07.26.2013 | 2:36 PM ET

Predictions: 10 of 15 Winners, 2 Perfect, 635 Points   |   Tied for 32nd with 1 other

There have been a few cancellations for this event tomorrow night...

Phil Else vs Scott Hunt is off after Else suffered a late training injury, and brothers Alexei and Shey Roberts, both failed to make weight and their fights were pulled from the card. Alexei was 5.5lb over and Shey was 10lb over!

Ben Ford also came in over weight (5.2lbs) but Colwell agreed to take the fight so that one's still on

i'm gutted about the Hughes/Roberts cancellation as i was really looking forward to that one.

i haven't been able to get a wi-fi signal the last few times i've been so i don't know if i'll be able to do live updates for the results but i'll be jotting them down and getting them entered as soon as possible afterwards

those who can't wait and require instant gratification, you should keep an eye on addictedmma as they usually have the results being updated live.

* Edited at 07.26.2013, 7:15 PM ET *

"Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer"

Shock n' Awe 14
  • Saturday 07.27.2013 at 12:30 PM ET
  • Name: Shock n' Awe 14
  • Also Known As: Shock n' Awe XIV
  • Promotion: Shock n' Awe
  • Tapology Accounts: BrianGym01
  • Ownership: Spartan Events / Gym01
  • Venue: Mountbatten Centre
  • Enclosure: Cage
  • Ring Announcer: Ricky Wright
  • MMA Bouts: 15
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
James Pennington   defeats   Ben Crook   via Submission, Armbar   4:52 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Benny Carr   defeats   Kieran Rice   via KO/TKO, Body Punch   1:26 Round 3 of 3, 11:26 Total Bout Page
Xavier Sedras   defeats   Jefferson George   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Ed Arthur   defeats   Jamie Pritchard   via KO/TKO   1:51 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Josh Bangert   defeats   Joe Laurence   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   0:46 Round 3 of 3, 10:46 Total Bout Page
Brett Caswell   defeats   Mark Handley   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jim Morris   defeats   Brett Healy   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   4:56 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Kirsty Davis   defeats   Jess Offermans   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 12:00 Total Bout Page
Chris Smith   defeats   Gareth Millar   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   3:25 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Gareth Van Hoof   defeats   Luke Rosemin   via Submission, Arm Triangle Choke   0:01 Round 2 of 3, 4:01 Total Bout Page
James Whittet   defeats   Paul Collings   via KO/TKO, Punch   1:30 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Ross Jones   defeats   Anton Defreitas   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   2:36 Round 2 of 3, 6:36 Total Bout Page
Jay Butler   defeats   Stephen Cameron   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   2:05 Round 3 of 3, 10:05 Total Bout Page
Arthur Frost   defeats   Chris Ada   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   2:28 Round 2 of 3, 5:28 Total Bout Page
Ben Colwell   defeats   Ben Ford   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 9:00 Total Bout Page

Responses

mmalari
mmalari
  • Predictions:  114,892  |  62.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,905
  • Post Score: 168

07.27.2013 | 3:44 PM ET

Predictions: 12 of 15 Winners, 3 Perfect, 785 Points   |   9th Place

Shock NAwe ‏@ShockNAweUK24min

Jess Offermans from Spartan MMA vs Kirsty Davis from Ippon Winner Kirsty Davis Round 3 via Unanimous Decision

Shock NAwe ‏@ShockNAweUK49min

Chris Smith from South Mortins MMA vs Gareth Millar from Gym 01 Winner Chris Smith Round 1 3.25seconds via Rear...

Shock NAwe ‏@ShockNAweUK54min

Luke Rosemin from Kyouken MMA vs Gareth Van Hoof from Spartan MMA Winner Gareth Van Hoof Round 3 Time 1.24 via Head and Arm Choke

Shock NAwe ‏@ShockNAweUK1h

James Whittet of Lions Den vs Paul Collings of Exile Gym Winner James Whittet Round 1 1.30min via KO #sna14 #shocknawe #mma #ukmma

Shock NAwe ‏@ShockNAweUK1h

Ross Jones from Spartan MMA vs Anton DeFreitas from Gym 01 Winner Ross Jones Round 2 at 2.36 via Rear Naked Choke

Shock NAwe ‏@ShockNAweUK4s

Brett Healey vs Jim Morris from Gym 01 Winner James Morris Round 1 4.56 seconds Rear naked Choke. Contender for...

Shock NAwe ‏@ShockNAweUK3min

Mark Handley of Spartan MMA vs Brett Caswell of Gym 01 winner Brett Caswell Round 3 via Unanimous Decision #sna14 #shocknawe

Shock NAwe ‏@ShockNAweUK1min

Josh Bangert from HMA vs Joe Laurence from Ippon MMA Winner Josh Bangert Round 3 0.46 seconds via Rear naked Choke

Shock NAwe ‏@ShockNAweUK2min

Ed Arthur from HMA vs Jamie Pritchard from Gym 01 Winner Ed Arthur Round 1 1.51 seconds via TKO/Ref Stoppage #sna14

Shock NAwe ‏@ShockNAweUK38s

Jefferson George from Morefire Icon BJJ vs Xavier Sedras from Gladiator Gym Winner Xavier Sedras Round 3 via Unanimous Dec

Shock NAwe ‏@ShockNAweUK1min

Benny Carr from Exile Gym vs Kieran Rice of Gym 01 Winner Benny Carr Round 3 1.26 seconds via TKO/Ref Stoppage #sna14 #shocknawe

Shock NAwe ‏@ShockNAweUK3min

And the NEW #shocknawe #bantamweight champion is @ThePowerweasel at the end of the 1st round via armbar! #sna14

Abrir

* Edited at 07.27.2013, 5:56 PM ET *

R1zla
R1zla
  • Predictions:  22,459  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,656
  • Post Score: 191

07.27.2013 | 9:01 PM ET

Predictions: 10 of 15 Winners, 2 Perfect, 635 Points   |   Tied for 32nd with 1 other

Thanks @mmalari

i was actually sat behind the promoter who was tweeting those results, i did try entering them live but as i suspected my wi-fi signal was **** so i only manged to get a few entered while i was there, i tried again in the ferry port but only got a couple more entered before we were asked to board and i lost my connection again.

another great event from SnA though, the Laurence/Bangert and Carr/Rice bouts made up for the loss of Else/Hunt and Hughes/Roberts, although i would defo still loved to of seen them and can only imagine how good it would of been with those bouts as well

Bangert was in beast mode with a very impressive performance against Laurence, i didn't write Josh off but i honestly thought Laurence's experience would see him through to a comfortable decision, but i was way off, it wasn't completely one sided but Bangert controlled the majority of the fight, out working Joe on the mat and on the feet, landing some brutal kicks to the body before snatching the RNC

and Carr/Rice could of been FOTN, both came out aggressive, each landing effective strikes, Rice looked the stronger of the two in the clinch and for pretty much the whole first round he was taking Carr down at will but it was Carr who finished in a strong position. the second started out like the first but Rice was starting to tire and slow down a bit, so the take downs were less frequent but the action continued. in the third, both men looked tired as they took to the center of the cage, after a bit of back and forth, Rice landed a big knee which dropped Carr and tbh i thought it was over, but he defended well, got back to his feet, forced a tired Rice back against the cage and dropped him with a vicious hook to the body.

all in all it was another great night and i can't wait until the next one!

* Edited at 07.27.2013, 9:56 PM ET *

"Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Ryan Garcia will pay Devin Haney $1.5 million after coming in 3.2 pounds overweight, fight still on
  • MMAFighting.com : Ryan Garcia certain he couldn’t make weight for Devin Haney fight ‘unless I killed myself’
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! PFL Chicago Highlights, Streaming Updates TONIGHT!
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Chicago Highlights, Streaming Updates TONIGHT!
  • MMAFighting.com : Ryan Garcia chugs beer after badly missing weight, chaos overtakes final Devin Haney faceoff
  • MMA Mania : Mega Prospect Ready For UFC Call Up
  • MMA Junkie : Belal Muhammad fueled by Leon Edwards title fight delay, things getting personal: 'I hate his guts'
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Alex Perez Details Why Steve Erceg Got UFC Title Shot Over Muhammad Mokaev
  • MMA Mania : Garcia Chugs A Beer, Stares Down Fired-Up Haney
  • Bad Left Hook : Terence Crawford to face Israil Madrimov for WBA title at 154
  • MMAFighting.com : Devin Haney vs. Ryan Garcia weigh-in video
  • MMA Junkie : Photos: 2024 PFL 3 ceremonial weigh-ins, fighter faceoffs
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL newcomer Goiti Yamauchi inspired by Ronaldo in recovery from gruesome knee injury
  • MMA Junkie : MMA promotion adds bonus inspired by Max Holloway's UFC 300 knockout, and it's pretty wild
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier: Michael Chandler 'not driving the sales' in Conor McGregor fight, unlikely to get PPV points
  • Middle Easy : Jake Paul Lays Down $10 Million MMA Challenge to Nate Diaz and Jorge Masvidal: ‘I Want Either One’
  • MMA Mania : Garcia Misses Weight In Latest Circus Stunt
  • MMAFighting.com : Devin Haney vs. Ryan Garcia weigh-in video live now
  • Bad Left Hook : Charlo invokes right to Madrimov title fight
  • Jits Magazine : Free Fight Friday: Renato Canuto vs Damon Morgan