Topic: Sean Loeffler

Why Sean Loeffler Was Cut By the UFC

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

07.24.2013 | 1:18 AM ET

MMAFighting

Many, including me, have been wondering what went down with Sean.

* Edited at 07.24.2013, 1:18 AM ET *

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

Sean "The Destroyer" Loeffler

Photo Source:  

Fighter Details

• Name: Sean Loeffler
  • Pro MMA Record: 34-5-0 (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: The Destroyer
  • Current Streak: 15 Wins
  • Last Fight: March 07, 2020 in GC
  • Weight Class: Light Heavyweight | Last Weigh-In: 204.0 lbs
  • Affiliation: The Compound MMA & Fitness
  • Height: 6'3" (191cm) | Reach: 75.2" (191cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $10,000 USD
  • Born: Hermosa Beach, California, United States
  • Fighting out of: Hermosa Beach, California
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

07.24.2013 | 2:22 AM ET

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about him ... I remember thinking he looked like a really cool guy and felt really bad for him when he got injured.

I guess they basically didn't think he was good enough for them to go through the hassle of waiting for him to heal and keeping him on the roster while they were in a roster-thinning process anyway and found an easy out with the failed drug tests (I have no idea why someone would agree to take a drug test after surgery, but it could have fallen under the "you don't say no to your boss" or "if I say no, people will say I'm on PEDs forever" kind of thing).

They probably didn't want another Josh Clopton on their hands, a dude who was sort of a prospect but nothing special and then on the injury list for 15 years ...

Dude's 31 with a ****** up ankle and they figured they've got the legal loophole to release him without having to follow up on their contractual obligations. Kind of a stinker if you ask me since his contract couldn't have been more than 4 x 16K/16K (and I'm stretching here), not exactly Anderson Silva money now, is it?

* Edited at 07.24.2013, 2:22 AM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero
  • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,396
  • Post Score: 240

07.24.2013 | 4:43 AM ET

He wasn't exactly on good terms from the beginning though. When he walked out to weigh in for his fight vs Buddy Roberts he threw loads of cash into the crowd. I honestly don't see a whole lot wrong with it but for some reason that pretty much put throwing stuff into the crowd on lockdown for everyone else for the next year or so..actually are they even allowed do it anymore? 

Cuts are happening all the time but it was pretty ****** of the UFC to cut him without even letting him fight once. That being said his injury was horrendously severe so he probably wouldn't have been a quarter of the fighter he was before his injury..that's even assuming that he'll ever fully get over such a bad injury.

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

nogfan
nogfan
  • Predictions:  15,253  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,269
  • Post Score: 199

07.24.2013 | 12:24 PM ET

I haven't ever really kept up with Loeffler but yeah they are having to make roster cuts. i'm kind of annoyed though because  while he is a big name Brian Bowles was out for 18 months, coming off a loss to Faber, Gets TKO'd by George Roop, has a T/E ration of 20:1 higher than overeem's and he's pretty expensive and yet he stays.  that and Dave Herman,   or Akiyama and this is coming from a pretty big Sexyama fan.  
ED209
ED209
  • Predictions:  7,297  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  3,437
  • Post Score: 213

07.24.2013 | 12:37 PM ET

For some reason I can't remember this guy now

"30-26 Tim Boetsch"

sreimuth
sreimuth
  • Predictions:  79,141  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,245
  • Post Score: 262

07.24.2013 | 1:01 PM ET

He delusional though. It's hard to believe he would be top eight like he said when he has only beaten poor fighters.

"Under my tutelage, you will grow from boys to men. From men into gladiators. And from gladiators into Swansons.- Ron Swanson https://www.instagram.com/seanreimuth/ Follow me."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Chael Sonnen: Alex Pereira can become MMA GOAT if he wins UFC heavyweight title
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Nate Diaz, Jorge Masvidal face off in front of rowdy Miami crowd
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC heads to Louisville for Fight Night card on June 8
  • Bad Left Hook : Zayas vs Teixeira headlines June 8 ESPN show in New York
  • MMA Junkie : Ben Askren: Jamahal Hill's ego 'put him in harm's way' vs. Alex Pereira at UFC 300
  • MMA Mania : ‘F—k It!’ PFL Steroid Gate Result Of ‘Chance To Gain Financial Stability’
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303 adds 2 more fights for Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler card
  • UFC.com : Where We Stand: Women's Strawweight Division | April 2024
  • UFC.com : All Of Conor McGregor's UFC Wins
  • MMAFighting.com : Diaz vs. Masvidal Miami press conference video
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch The MMA Hour with Topuria, Chandler, Nickal, Prochazka, De La Hoya in studio, Perry, and Xiaonan now
  • MMA Junkie : Alexander Volkanovski: UFC 300 proved Max Holloway never lost it, has 'always been that good'
  • MMA Mania : Sterling ‘Was Probably Done’ With A Loss At UFC 300
  • MMA Junkie : Video replay: Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal Miami press conference
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal Miami press conference live stream (6:30 p.m. ET)
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Perry claims Darren Till turned down ‘over $2 million’ offer to fight him: ‘What is he doing?’ 
  • UFC.com : The Evolution Of The Third Street Savage | UFC FIGHT PASS
  • UFC.com : UFC 300: Pereira Vs. Hill: The Numbers Behind The Record-Breaking Success
  • Middle Easy : Ilia Topuria Unimpressed by Max Holloway’s Viral UFC 300 KO, Demands to Fight for the BMF Title
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Chandler: 'Beatdown of biblical proportions' will retire Conor McGregor at UFC 303