Topic: Top Lightweights - 155 lbs.

Lightweight Rankings

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Dakej
Dakej
  • Predictions:  2,722  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  1,066
  • Post Score: 201

06.20.2011 | 1:06 AM ET

This is another tough division to rank, with so many potential contenders right now.  I have Maynard #1 by a hair due to his earlier win over Edgar and fighting to a draw in the rematch.  Melendez has a strong argument for the top spot too, but I have him at 3 for now.  The 3 of them are really close.

I think Miller is solidly in 4th place, but after that the rest of the top 10 is pretty wide open for interpretation.  What do you think?

Responses Page 2

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

06.20.2011 | 11:10 AM ET

I think my list is solid, but I wish Sherk would fight more so I could either keep him on the list or drop him out...He's getting close to being removed since he hasn't fought since UFC 119....Guess he only likes fighting about once a year since 2008!

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  5,113  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315
  • Post Score: 142

06.20.2011 | 11:24 AM ET

Yeah I hope to see Sherk fighting more often aswell I think he still has alot to give he could be top 5 with more fights..

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

06.20.2011 | 5:50 PM ET

What do you guys think of me putting Sotiropoulos and Siver in my rankings?  I left out Aoki...

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  5,113  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315
  • Post Score: 142

06.20.2011 | 5:52 PM ET

@Kalibo... Good decision Aoki aint on the same level....

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

Yaspaa
Yaspaa
  • Predictions:  173  |  73.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,422
  • Post Score: 151

06.20.2011 | 7:22 PM ET

@Kalibo, the rankings are alive man, changing month to month, put what you feel, and f*** what we think. :D

"I Get Better."

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

06.20.2011 | 7:23 PM ET

@danno. i like how you have cerrone  at #6. i got him at #8 and i also have barboza at 10. in the usa today rankings have  both those guys around 19th - 29th.  cerrone, barboza and henderson are the future of the lightweights. the lightweights are by far the deepest division. once maynard beats edgar then miller probably fights maynard. i also think if guida beats henderson or barboza he deserves a shot but both those guys would be tough. especially bendo b/c he has very good TDD.
Dakej
Dakej
  • Predictions:  2,722  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  1,066
  • Post Score: 201

06.20.2011 | 9:57 PM ET

I definitely think Barboza will be a champion one day, but I don't think his wins so far justify a top 10 position.  I do have him for sure in my top 20, maybe top 15.

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Logan Paul reveals he had ‘suicidal thoughts’ amid CryptoZoo scandal fallout: ‘I was spiraling’
  • UFC.com : The State Of UFC During UFC 100 And 200
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Not the smartest in the ring fighter’: Robert Garcia not convinced Rolly will beat Pitbull
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Not the smartest in the ring fighter’: Robert Garcia not convinced Rolando Romero will beat Isaac Cruz
  • MMA Mania : Prospect Watch! Say Hello To Ernesto ‘Starboy’ Rodriguez
  • UFC.com : Vicente Luque: Expect Fireworks
  • MMA Mania : Aging Mac Will Fight Until He’s ‘Laid Out Flat’
  • Middle Easy : Georges St-Pierre Believes He ‘Would Have Beat’ Khabib in Rumored Superfight, Reveals His MMA GOATs
  • UFC.com : Erin Blanchfield Is Having A Full-Circle Moment
  • MMA Junkie : ONE 168 headlined by Stamp Fairtex vs. Jing Nan Xiong dual champion bout
  • MMAFighting.com : Dana White reveals story behind heated negotiation with UFC sponsor: ‘Take your money … shove it right up your ass’
  • UFC.com : Manon Fiorot Has Gold On Her Mind
  • Middle Easy : Brendan Schaub Calls Conor McGregor The ‘Most Underpaid Athlete’ of All Time: ‘No One Wants to Hear This’
  • MMA Mania : Adesanya ‘Ready To Go’ For DDP Fight At UFC 305
  • MMAFighting.com : Alexander Shabliy ‘not fully sure’ Usman Nurmagomedov fight happening, still awaiting contract and terms from PFL
  • MMA Junkie : Tim Welch: Merab Dvalishvili never fought someone like Sean O'Malley, 'who can put your lights out, one punch'
  • Bad Left Hook : Juan Francisco Estrada vs Bam Rodriguez official for June 29
  • Middle Easy : Dana White Makes Promise to His Children That Infamous Wife-Slapping Incident ‘Will Never Happen Again’
  • MMA Junkie : Georges St-Pierre reveals what his strategy would have been vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Thought I Had Cancer’