Tapology Forums

Do you guys ever get nervous?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

michigandolphin
michigandolphin
  • Predictions:  25,001  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,973
  • Post Score: 261

06.10.2011 | 8:24 PM ET

Do you guys ever get nervous when one of your favorite fighters fights? Maybe it's because I'm a pretty emotion guy, but I get terribly nervous when any fighter I like steps into the octagon. I love it and hate it at the same time. It's almost like I am watching one of my friends fight. It's kind of embarrassing to admit but oh well. Just wondering if anyone else gets this feeling when someone fights. I'm feeling nervous already for the fight tomorrow, I'm a big JDS fan, so I know I'll be on the edge of my seat come tomorrow. Anyone, anyone, bueller?

"Frig off, bud"

Responses Page 2

thefreeman
thefreeman
  • Predictions:  9,459  |  59.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,751
  • Post Score: 198

06.11.2011 | 5:15 AM ET

My biggest is Fedor gotta love that guy, Fedor vs Silva was plain craziness for me.
TornHonor
TornHonor
  • Predictions:  2,461  |  51.4%
  • Forum Posts:  51
  • Post Score: 53

06.11.2011 | 11:15 AM ET

Only when my favorites fight. : /

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning... Smells like victory. "

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,816  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,557
  • Post Score: 275

06.11.2011 | 11:49 AM ET

My heart was literally pounding when the Shogun vs Jones fight started.  Same thing during the first round of BJ Penn vs GSP 1, when GSP's face was demolished and oozing blood.   I'm sure there are other times, but those two come to mind.

"I live, I die, I live again."

bispingthebest
bispingthebest
  • Predictions:  1,055  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  185
  • Post Score: 17

06.11.2011 | 12:23 PM ET

i get nervous when Michael Bisping fight hes last fight was screaming at the computer 

"Win,Lose or Tie NICK DIAZ till I die"

MikeAWhitney
MikeAWhitney
  • Predictions:  271  |  60.9%
  • Forum Posts:  252
  • Post Score: 50

06.12.2011 | 12:01 AM ET

Here and there I do. I get more frustrated when they **** up at something theyre very good at or they start to get lazy and when theyre losing on the cards you dont see them fighting like there about to lose thats what makes me nervous cause I hate when fighters leave there fights in the hands of the judges.
KnowledgeReigns
KnowledgeReigns
  • Predictions:  193  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  112
  • Post Score: 112

06.12.2011 | 1:25 AM ET

I almost **** my pants when Couture fought Machida
kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

06.12.2011 | 1:32 AM ET

I was nervous because I didn't know what was gonna happen and I was there in person.  Also, watching Rich Franklin vs Chuck Liddell because I watched that fight in the theatre. I was so focused on it and how I didn't want either fighter to lose.

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

RWLawman
RWLawman
  • Predictions:  2,583  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,053
  • Post Score: 173

06.12.2011 | 1:19 PM ET

I wouldn't say nervous, but a little excited.   Usually, it only happens when Jens Pulver fights.  I was a little excited for the Matt Serra vs. GSP fights, because I used to be pretty good friends with Serra.  Now though, I don't get too worked up about fights like that.  I do get nervous watching my training partners fight though, that's nerve racking as hell.

" "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars." - Khalil Gibran "

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero
  • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,396
  • Post Score: 240

06.12.2011 | 1:21 PM ET

i freaked the **** out when nunes dropped kenny those 2 times last night!

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

geezhound
geezhound
  • Predictions:  6,745  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,297
  • Post Score: 193

06.12.2011 | 1:23 PM ET

I pace like a caged animal when one of my favorites is fighting. I just can't sit still at all.

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

MegaDave
MegaDave
  • Predictions:  8,091  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,656
  • Post Score: 191

06.12.2011 | 3:30 PM ET

when Fitch got taken down in the first round against BJ, I nearly had a heart attack.  But even if my fav fighters aren't fighting, i get jittery because I'm ultra competitive and I've picked one guy to win so if they lose, it's like I lose...and I hate losing

"I'm sorry that the brilliance of my words goes over your heads. I'm not going to stop being an eagle just because I am surrounded by turkeys-CS"

michigandolphin
michigandolphin
  • Predictions:  25,001  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,973
  • Post Score: 261

06.12.2011 | 7:56 PM ET

I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets nervous when a favorite fights. My heart was racing at the beginning of the main event last night. Luckily for me, JDS looked good, I was nervous throughout though. I kept thinking to myself, "don't get too comfortable, he still could catch you" By the end of the 2nd round though, I was more calm.

"Frig off, bud"

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero
  • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,396
  • Post Score: 240

06.12.2011 | 8:00 PM ET

@megadave i know what you mean although last night i picked Munoz to win but the minute i saw Maia was willing to scrap i just shouted KICK HIS ASS DEMIAN!!! hahaha 

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

CashBrewyn
CashBrewyn
  • Predictions:  21,559  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,045
  • Post Score: 212

06.16.2011 | 4:04 PM ET

UFC 126, 127, 128...3 straight events my top 3 favorite fighters were in the main event...i was a wreck through all those events

"My hearts pumpin' the blood of Royce Gracie My thoughts dumpin' the slug and point straightly"

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! ‘Regretful’ Biter Breaks Silence
  • MMA Mania : An Elite Contender With Only One Combo
  • MMA Mania : ‘Come Over Here Real Quick, Win A Belt, Maybe Win Another Belt’
  • Middle Easy : Conor McGregor Plans To Continue Fighting Until He’s ‘In The F*cking Grave,’ Wants To Face Similar-Aged Opponents
  • Middle Easy : Khalil Rountree Jr Claims Fans Want To See Him Fight Alex Pereira, Doesn’t Care If Pereira Is Champion
  • MMAFighting.com : Vince McMahon unloads another $100 million of TKO Group Holdings stock
  • MMA Junkie : 'That's not who I am': Igor Severino apologizes for bite, hopes one mistake doesn't define career
  • MMA Mania : ‘A Big Spit In The Face Of All The Champions’
  • MMAFighting.com : Payton Talbott rejects Sean O’Malley comparisons after UFC Vegas 89: ‘I don’t want to be compared’
  • UFC.com : Joaquin Buckley: ‘This Is The Reason I’m Here’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’d love that fight’: Tszyu willing to face Spence next, talks fight with Fundora
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’d love that fight’: Tim Tszyu willing to face Errol Spence next, talks fight with Sebastian Fundora
  • MMA Junkie : 'Super happy' PFL season newcomer Mads Burnell explains excitement for fight schedule, new weight class
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor scoffs at retirement: ‘It’s to the motherf****** grave’
  • MMA Mania : Whittaker: Chimaev Fight ‘Came Out Of Nowhere’
  • MMA Junkie : Why 2022 PFL welterweight champ Sadibou Sy moved to light heavyweight for upcoming season
  • MMAFighting.com : Robert Whittaker reacts to Khamzat Chimaev fight at UFC Saudi Arabia: ‘It’s a bit of a shock’
  • MMA Mania : GSP ‘Would Have Put Khabib Down’
  • MMAFighting.com : Logan Paul reveals he had ‘suicidal thoughts’ amid CryptoZoo scandal fallout: ‘I was spiraling’
  • UFC.com : The State Of UFC During UFC 100 And 200