Topic: Best Pound-for-Pound Women

"CYBORG"

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

robwayne
robwayne
  • Predictions:  392  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  11
  • Post Score: 155

05.11.2013 | 4:19 PM ET

"CYBORG" any one who thinks any one on this list is better than "CYBORG" is crazy this is not a beauty contest ! "CYBORG" would knock out all of the ones on this list ! 

"mma = best sport ever"

Responses Page 14

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

05.20.2013 | 5:52 PM ET

"I would say we number around 400,000."

-

And with that, we have reached a close. Thank you everyone for the fun little debate and thank you Bill Burgess for making me look even smarter than usual.

Didn't even bother reading the rest of the post because that line right there defines the Bill Burgess style of argumentation. He backs up his statements with opinions and assumptions that he forwards as facts, no matter how absurd they are.

* Edited at 05.20.2013, 5:55 PM ET *

"الله أكبرl"

DaiKaiju Wicked
DaiKaiju Wicked
  • Predictions:  2,021  |  67.8%
  • Forum Posts:  383
  • Post Score: 149

05.20.2013 | 6:15 PM ET

I haven't posted in forever because the forums are now awful.  I think that makes a ton of sense.  I just happened to be online and nostalgic, so I voiced my lament.  Still have mad love for Greg and the great job he does.  Just think you guys need to realize that nothing about sports is worth getting this upset over.  Be friendly and enjoy your day.

"I was born as a catholic but the nuns turned me. I was born as a pacifist but the guns turned me. I was born to be a beautiful man, but the ugliness is powerful, I do what I can."

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

05.20.2013 | 6:17 PM ET

a 17 year old arguing with a 65 year old on the internet.

This is ******* ridiculous.

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

05.20.2013 | 6:20 PM ET

There are around 400,000 PPV buys per event no matter how awrul the cards.  Sure there were some that even dipped to 300,00, but they were relatively few.  

The UFC can count on receiving around 400,000 PPV buys.  That is why I used that figure.

But Anik knows so much more that he will now show why that figure is not appropriate.  If he could.

But he can't, so he won't.  He makes crushing his A-Game actually pleasant.  It's so easy.

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

SRAOnline
SRAOnline
  • Predictions:  9,854  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,719
  • Post Score: 313

05.20.2013 | 6:20 PM ET

Ridiculous yes, but its mindless entertainment and its free.

"Pretend to be someone you're not once, and you're a liar. Do it every day, and you're a professional."

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,473  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

05.20.2013 | 6:21 PM ET

It's obvious this is going nowhere, I think you should just agree to disagree and then Bill and Anik can reconcile over Fitch or culture or something.

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

KnockoutsRock21
KnockoutsRock21
  • Predictions:  17,407  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,011
  • Post Score: 251

05.20.2013 | 6:24 PM ET

I say we give them both sharp sticks and lock them in a cage, celebrity death match style. Bill gets depends brand diapers and Anik gets Huggies.

"Superman wears Chuck Liddell pajamas"

Swickotine
Swickotine
  • Predictions:  18,124  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  11,851
  • Post Score: 223

05.20.2013 | 6:35 PM ET

@Bill You say 'WE' when referring to hardcore MMA fans...dude you only watch UFC and admit you don't even watch every one. 

I tend to believe you've only seen Ronda and Cyborg fight like once...how many of their fights have you actually seen?

"I'm bi-polar...nice jab, mean hook."

mike187
mike187
  • Predictions:  5,660  |  64.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,260
  • Post Score: 239

05.20.2013 | 6:37 PM ET

You can't be considerd a "Hardcore" Womens MMA fan if you don't even know the name of the top womens MMA organization.

"He told me he was going to **** me, but was disappointed in himself when he could not get hard."

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

05.20.2013 | 6:59 PM ET

@Swick I've seen Ronda fight Liz Carmouche.  I've seen Cyborg fight Gina.  I've also seen very many high-light reels of both fighters.  They showed a lot of Rousey in the leadup to the Liz fight.  

How many have you seen?  Or Anick or die?  If you really want to discuss, why not address the content of my last extended post to Anik?  I gave solid arguments, and when I do, they are necessarily gone around because they are so solid.  

My posts are so solid that the opponents cannot confront them.  So, they isolate a detail and pretend they've addressed my content, which they have not.

* Edited at 05.20.2013, 7:02 PM ET *

Swickotine
Swickotine

05.20.2013 | 7:01 PM ET

^ /thread

Anik
Anik

05.20.2013 | 7:38 PM ET

"My posts are so solid that the opponents cannot confront them.  So, they isolate a detail and pretend they've addressed my content, which they have not."

Bill, I clearly showed you that I could take your whole entire post and break it down to prove how entirely wrong you are. I'm not going to continue because your points are so unfathomably idiotic, they have me in tears.

The UFC pay-per-view buy floor is 400,000 but you admit they've gone below 400,000 before? You prove your own points wrong Bill, you're arguing with yourself at this point.

"الله أكبرl"

Swickotine
Swickotine

05.20.2013 | 7:43 PM ET

Damnit Anik...that should have been the end of the thread.

Bill has nullified every one of his 8 paragraph responses in this thread by admitting that he's only seen 1 Cyborg fight that was from like 3 years ago....hardcore fan **** bro.

* Edited at 05.20.2013, 7:44 PM ET *

Blackwork
Blackwork
  • Predictions:  4,678  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  900
  • Post Score: 162

05.20.2013 | 7:44 PM ET

Even within the "hardcore" fanbase, a significant number of them could give **** all about WMMA. I'm not saying I agree, but the numbers and assumptions being bandied about here in internet tomes is wildly unrealistic. How many "hardcore" NBA fans watch WNBA? Of course all of them or BB's rhetorical farce train would come to a screeching halt.

I'm all for interesting debates, but you haven't made one salient point. I get you like Cyborg, but your logic is broken and backup data intellectually dishonest at best or wholesale trolling at worst.

* Edited at 05.20.2013, 7:46 PM ET *

"http://www.tapology.com/profiles/blackwork/my-rankings?ranking_type=member"

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

05.20.2013 | 7:48 PM ET

What are you talking about? It's a known fact that all 35,000,000 hardcore MMA fans love WMMA :)

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

MadMikeXD
MadMikeXD

05.20.2013 | 7:50 PM ET

I remember Bill saying he doesn't even watch most of the events, He just reads play by play.
Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

05.20.2013 | 8:03 PM ET

Here I am trying to quit this thread, and you pull me back in!  I used the number 400,000 because that is honest.  You do NOT use the lowest number of PPV ever to represent hardcores.  

To get the honest number, the only honest approach is to average.  

To the catatonic members who are questioning my use of the number 400,000, did you ever think that many of the true hardcore members, like me, can't afford to buy PPV??????????????

Many MMA diehard fans are poor.  These economic times only make it more dramatically tough to buy a PPV.
So, If 300,000 people ordered a PPV event, maybe 250,000 would qualify as normal hardcores, another 50,000 are mainstreamers who are taking a token shot, and maybe 150,000 hardcores couldn't get the money up, due to the wife saying they couldn't afford it, or it was the UFC event or being late with the rent.

I do NOT undermine my points, but some people lack the intelligence to see my point in context.

@Swick I do not enjoy fighting too hard with my allies, but you are poking me pretty hard.  Do you really want to dance?

@Blackwork  I do not remember saying Each and Every hardcore fan wanted this fight.  No one can say what the hardcore fanbase wants.  No one knows.  So, if I generalize, that is entirely, 100% legitimate.

Why you post like a fool is something only you can answer.  You avoid the debate and then snipe like a coward, sir.  If you don't agree with any of my points, that's on you.  For those hardcores that are not interested, why could there not be a casual fan that could be intrigued with the right marketing?  Since there are so many more casuals than diehards.  

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

05.20.2013 | 8:12 PM ET

@Mike  I cannot afford to buy most of the PPVs.  I wish I could.  I can only assume that there are a great many other diehard fans who are in the same poor boy boat I am in.

So, I must wait until they are broadcast later.  Sometimes, I can't wait.  I recently went to UFC Vault and paid $10 to watch GSP vs. Condit, $10 to watch Velasquez vs. JDS II, and $5 to watch Fitch vs. Silva.

So, I will spend the money, if I have it, and the fights are that important to me.  That was $25 bucks I put out.  I think that says something about my hardcore status.  Are you just yanking my chain as a pal?

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,473  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

05.20.2013 | 8:14 PM ET

The internet is a wonderful thing for poor fans.

Why am I even still reading this thread? I need a hobby...

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

Anik
Anik

05.20.2013 | 8:14 PM ET

@Bill Burgess Once again Bill, you prove your own point wrong and it's just so hilarious to watch.

You use the number 400,000 for the numbers of hardcore fans but you say that a lot of them do not buy PPVs, including yourself. If so, what's the point in making a Cyborg/Rousey fight when the majority of the people who care are gonna watch the fight for free or read the play-by-play? Why cater to the people who are only stealing the UFC's product?

You said there were 400,000 hardcore fans but you also say that the UFC puts out roughly 400,000 buys per event (which they don't, by the way). And if the lowest number of buys do not represent hardcores, what does? The hardcores are the ones that are willing to watch as much MMA as they can, regardless of time wasted or price. The perfect example is UFC 147, a half-assed event that only catered to hardcore fans and it had 150,000 buys.

By god Bill, you're making this way too easy. Like honestly, I'm bringing my D-Game and it's killing you. Continue though, I could feel you squirming through your words.

When will you just admit defeat to the best ever, the greatest of all-time? This beatdown is almost cruel.

* Edited at 05.20.2013, 8:15 PM ET *

"الله أكبرl"

Page 14

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : UFC Louisville lineup announced: Dominick Reyes vs. Dustin Jacoby, but no main event official
  • MMA Mania : Wanna Bet Someone Misses Weight? Now You Can!
  • MMA Junkie : Ronda Rousey thinks Joe Rogan, media turned on her after knockout losses: 'They're a bunch of assh*les'
  • MMAFighting.com : Curtis Blaydes: Tom Aspinall fight at UFC 304 makes sense, but I learned ‘don’t get my hopes up’
  • Middle Easy : Trial Date Set for Former UFC Heavyweight Champion Cain Velasquez in Attempted Murder Case
  • MMA Junkie : Israel Adesanya will always respect 'special fighter' Alex Pereira
  • Jits Magazine : PGF World Season 6: Day 3 Recap
  • MMAFighting.com : Shaq: Vitor Belfort knocked out person ‘talking crazy’ at bar
  • UFC.com : UFC UNFILTERED | Ariane Lipski, Austin Hubbard, UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez picks
  • MMA Junkie : Montana De La Rosa, Andrea Lee booked for UFC rematch in Louisville
  • MMA Mania : Cannonier Vs Imamov Headlines UFC Louisville
  • MMA Junkie : UFC's Tim Means doesn't expect to fight for long: 'I turned 40, I know my time is coming'
  • Bad Left Hook : Cieslak vs Chamberlain joins Billam-Smith vs Riakporhe 2 on June 15
  • Bad Left Hook : Michal Cieslak vs Isaac Chamberlain joins Billam-Smith vs Riakporhe 2 on June 15
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! BKFC ‘KnuckleMania 4’ Press Conference Video!
  • UFC.com : UFC Returns To Louisville For UFC Fight Night On June 8 At KFC Yum! Center
  • MMA Junkie : Tatiana Suarez campaigns for title shot vs. Zhang Weili at UFC 306: 'I get a submission 100 percent'
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302: Makhachev vs. Poirier adds key prospect bout
  • UFC.com : Gabriel Benitez: Still flying the flag
  • MMA Mania : A Special Message For Chinless Scumbags