Tapology Forums

EA Sports UFC thread.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,283  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,483
  • Post Score: 203

05.08.2013 | 7:03 PM ET

I know there are obviously a ton of people on here that are excited for this game, and with some big gaming 'dates' coming within the next few months, we will probably be hearing some legit news about this game soon. I will update this thread as regularly as possible, if you guys find some cool stuff about it, post away! I know there is a video game thread but I don't wanna totally flood that thread with just stuff about the UFC game, so I will just make a thread dedicated to it.

Also, EA just launched an official website for the game recently .. today. So that must mean something is coming soon.

http://www.easports.com/ufc

* Edited at 05.08.2013, 7:04 PM ET *

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Responses Page 40

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

05.28.2014 | 8:41 AM ET

I think they went by popularity rather than talent. Hence Pat Barry.

It's actually the right way to go when you're making a game. People would rather play with their favourite fighter than the best fighter.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

flOw _
flOw _

05.28.2014 | 9:40 AM ET

ROSTER UPDATES they should add in the future for each division:

HW:

Stipe Miocic
Soa Palelei

LHW:

Anthony 'Rumble' Johnson
Jimi Manuwa
Rafael Feijao

MW:

Yoel Romero

WW:

Gunnar Nelson
Hector Lombard
Matt Brown
Erick Silva
Ryan LaFlare

BW:

TJ Dillashaw (already announced to be included at some point)

Probably missed out a lot of other good fighters too that I forgot to mention.

* Edited at 05.28.2014, 9:47 AM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 2 months, 4 days, 11 hours, and 59 minutes from now.
BORD3RLIN3
BORD3RLIN3

05.28.2014 | 12:17 PM ET

id like an overeem at light heavy rumble johnson at middleweight to heavy and fedor . none of which will happen :D but i would like jon clude van dam in it to fight bruce lee lol maybe some other fighters from back in the day . it needs pride mode if not in this ufc game but must have it in the next .  needs tito Ortiz ( not a fan ) but need tito for chuck liddel fights.

id also like to be able to fight under the strikeforce name and pride name kind of like in  ufc story mode
BORD3RLIN3
BORD3RLIN3

05.28.2014 | 12:22 PM ET

id like a mode like ufc manager mode where you make the fights and pick  where they are and who headlines . kind of like in the old WWE games . ino this modes not for everyone but I just think it would be fun to make choices like dana white in a small mode in the game lol .
also when your making your CAFs it needs to allow you to make the reach different and shape there arms and legs and chest like in wwe games but not allow you not make them overly massive keeping it real like in the fight night games
BORD3RLIN3
BORD3RLIN3

05.28.2014 | 12:24 PM ET

and catch weight fights !!! lightheavys vs middle weights or heavyweights and so on . I hate when im playing ufc3 and have to do that glitch to get jon jones vs CV
MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

05.28.2014 | 6:15 PM ET

Just read an article about how absolute overpowered Jones is in this game. I've come to conclusion that online, if I come across someone who picks Jones, I will not continue. 

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

05.28.2014 | 6:23 PM ET

Another Dan Henderson KO video; 

http://instagram.com/p/ojHPXEoaF8/

flOw _
flOw _

05.28.2014 | 7:36 PM ET

It won't matter, within the first few weeks or months many people will be *****ing about online opponents using Jones as an advantage and the overpowered stats of majority of the fighters. EA will then probably tweak the stats down just like THQ did with UFC Undisputed 3 (if you remember). I remember they changed the stats of quite a few fighters through an update and expect the same to happen in EA UFC. 
This user is suspended from posting until 2 months, 4 days, 11 hours, and 59 minutes from now.
kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

05.29.2014 | 3:27 AM ET

Anyone know if tournament mode is in the game?

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

flOw _
flOw _

05.29.2014 | 11:13 AM ET

No and that's ******* stupid, I loved making fight cards/events on UFC undisputed 3 and its a pity it won't be in this one. For what reason? I have no ****** clue, couldn't those EA guys just put in the game? Would it be that ******* too much to ask for? Just to include a few modes like tournament or event mode etc. Instead the only ****** option we got is simple exhibition, career and online. That is it...
MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

05.29.2014 | 11:32 AM ET

******* relax. It took THQ 3 iterations to get all the 'good' modes in.. and the gameplay was pretty ass. This game seems like it plays better than any MMA game before. A limited amount of modes was to be expected in EA's first effort. 

* Edited at 05.29.2014, 11:33 AM ET *

flOw _
flOw _

05.29.2014 | 12:27 PM ET

This game being EA's first UFC installation is a pretty ******* poor excuse for them to not include at least ONE additional game mode (lets say create a PPV). While the gameplay is amazing and looks very fun to play it'll become boring within like 3 months when there's nothing else to do. Also it's not asking for a lot or asking for realism, just something that will make the game more fun and appealing to fans. In UFC 3 I liked to create fight cards, complete all the fights and at the end it would decide which fighters/fights earn the FOTN, KOTN and SOTN bonus awards which was pretty cool. 

* Edited at 05.29.2014, 12:30 PM ET *

BORD3RLIN3
BORD3RLIN3

05.29.2014 | 12:42 PM ET

yea @flOw _ when I play ufc now ive played it that much where male ppv and try earn fight of the night and ko of the night and have my own champs and rankings .
the gameplay looks good but I keep getting a feelng i will be let down by this :( like I was ea mma
BORD3RLIN3
BORD3RLIN3

05.29.2014 | 12:48 PM ET

and it will need to fix it so that when im knocking people out online and they leave I get a win and not a loss . mean while person that left gets no win or lose . that was the most unfair thing about online in the last ufc game 2nd was people that made huge CAF fighters with ratings of 200+ my best Caf was 93 and he was a beast rest on avg wer 86
michigandolphin
michigandolphin
  • Predictions:  25,001  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,973
  • Post Score: 261

05.29.2014 | 1:52 PM ET

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Mike is being the voice of reason. Calm your tits, you guys are murdering this game and it hasn't even been released yet. It won't be perfect, but I bet it will still be pretty ******* fun.

"Frig off, bud"

xxTank0019xx
xxTank0019xx
  • Predictions:  6,155  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  2,364
  • Post Score: 169

05.29.2014 | 1:53 PM ET

you can't get any worse then 2010 and UFC 3. those two sucked. 

"2012 GIF AV Grand Prix "FAH Q" Award winner!"

xxTank0019xx
xxTank0019xx
  • Predictions:  6,155  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  2,364
  • Post Score: 169

05.29.2014 | 1:53 PM ET

i did like pride mode though in UFC 3

"2012 GIF AV Grand Prix "FAH Q" Award winner!"

ED209
ED209
  • Predictions:  7,297  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  3,437
  • Post Score: 213

05.29.2014 | 2:52 PM ET

Yeah, one thing that was really bad about the old UFC games was in the rare event that I don't get wrestle ****** and tapped out the other player would just quit and I wouldn't even get the win. lol that was a little frustrating.

I'm sure they will have fixed this though, since they had the same problem in Fight Night until they patched it. Even after they fixed it though it would just give you a decision win which is a little silly I think because it should be treated as if your opponent just walked out of the ring which would be a tko I believe.

I'm sure in terms of gameplay this game will kill all the other UFC games though. Especially the submission systems where people with modded controllers could just cheat like hell.

"30-26 Tim Boetsch"

flOw _
flOw _

05.29.2014 | 4:00 PM ET

Are you going to be playing with your own tits then when it gets boring? Of course its going to be damn well fun, especially when they've spent like 2 years on it, its just when you come to think of it is when you realise. It doesn't have to be perfect, and they cant really add a game mode through an update, its something that has to be ready made on the disc. If it was free I really wouldn't care but when I'm paying with my money I have every right/reason to want it to be good in some way. For EA's first UFC game they've done a pretty good job I'd say.
flOw _
flOw _

05.29.2014 | 4:02 PM ET

What I loved doing on the previous UFC's was being a weak fighter and facing the highest ranked fighter on the hardest difficulty, that was a real challenge since the cpu literally reversed/countered everything. Sometimes took about 15 fights just to win. Hopefully EA's will be similar if not harder.

Page 40

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : PFL signs top prospect Paul Hughes, says promotion president
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 Results: Magomed Umalatov remains unbeaten, Brendan Loughnane gets back on track with quick win
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 full results: Magomed Umalatov, Shamil Musaev keep unbeaten records intact
  • MMAFighting.com : Devin Haney vs. Ryan Garcia: Live round-by-round updates
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia Results: Live updates of the undercard and main event
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Square Up With Yourself, Motherf—ker!
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 video: Brendan Loughnane TKOs Pedro Carvalho; stoppage sparks controversy
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 video: Shamil Musaev pulverizes Logan Storley with violent knockout blows
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Fighter’s puking causes TKO loss at Dynasty Combat Sports 91
  • MMAFighting.com : Nate Diaz walks out on final tour stop: ‘Square off with yourself motherf**ker’
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 video: Gabriel Braga knocks out Justin Gonzales in first fight since father's death
  • MMA Junkie : Nate Diaz bails on final press conference with Jorge Masvidal: 'Square off with yourself, motherf*cker'
  • MMA Junkie : Paige VanZant to fight fellow OnlyFans star Elle Brooke at Misfits Boxing 15
  • MMAFighting.com : Paige VanZant fights Elle Brooke in Misfits Boxing 15 main event
  • MMA Mania : Hill Shrugs Off KO Loss, Books UFC 303 Return
  • MMA Junkie : Jamahal Hill books quick turnaround for UFC 303, faces Khalil Rountree
  • MMAFighting.com : Jamahal Hill vs. Khalil Rountree announced for McGregor vs. Chandler card at UFC 303
  • MMA Mania : UFC 300 Judge Apologizes For Oliveira Score
  • MMAFighting.com : Diaz vs. Masvidal Los Angeles press conference video
  • Middle Easy : Former UFC Fighter Paige VanZant Rumored For May 25 Boxing Match Against Influencer Elle Brooke