Tapology Forums

Ken Shamrock...?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

unvme0813
unvme0813
  • Predictions:  91  |  54.9%
  • Forum Posts:  42
  • Post Score: 45

05.03.2013 | 5:40 PM ET

Ok, so from what I can tell, Ken Shamrock actually has a fight lined up. I heard about this a while ago, and didn't hear much about it after that. Now its surfacing again, and I'm genuinely worried about this man. He CANNOT fight anymore! He's going to get hurt. He's facing Ian Freeman who's like 42 or 43, but either way I don't think Ken should even be cleared to fight. I even thought it might have been a joke or something, but nope. He actually plans on fighting. Hopefully he'll pull out with an injury or something. The dudes pushing 50. And don't pull the Dan Severn card. Anyone else think this is ridiculous or am I alone?

* Edited at 05.03.2013, 5:42 PM ET *

Responses

SRAOnline
SRAOnline
  • Predictions:  9,854  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,719
  • Post Score: 313

05.03.2013 | 5:48 PM ET

Its tragic to see this. Like Ric Flair still competing in Pro Wrestling.

But until he can't get medically cleared then I don't think anyone can stop it. The guy must be doing pretty badly money-wise.

"Pretend to be someone you're not once, and you're a liar. Do it every day, and you're a professional."

unvme0813
unvme0813
  • Predictions:  91  |  54.9%
  • Forum Posts:  42
  • Post Score: 45

05.03.2013 | 5:52 PM ET

Exactly like I don't think people realize this is a matter of his health. It just isn't right.
trevpicks
trevpicks
  • Predictions:  82,454  |  56.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,853
  • Post Score: 222

05.03.2013 | 6:01 PM ET

Why do you guys play the role of parents for some fighters, if they wanna fight its their choice, and you watch for personal entertainment if you chose, only his family and close friends should care or advise a fighter to stop.
edwinx1903
edwinx1903
  • Predictions:  1,280  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,039
  • Post Score: 245

05.03.2013 | 6:07 PM ET

Seriously, I don't want to sound like a ******, but I watch MMA for the sake of my enjoyment and interest in the sport, if guys over their age limit want to fight and get cleared to fight, then so be it for them. 

I probably won't watch the fight because I'm not interested, but hey, more power to them.

The only time I actually take this into consideration is when I'm watching the fight and a fighter get seriously hurt or is getting beat up badly and the ref. doesn't stop the fight, but other than that, I just don't pay much attention.
MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,326  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,484
  • Post Score: 203

05.03.2013 | 6:46 PM ET

Honestly I would be lying if I said I wasn't a tad bit excited for this fight. Not even just for Shamrock, but Ian Freeman. It will be a nostalgic moment when they step in the cage. But hey, that's me. 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

JudoRandori
JudoRandori

05.03.2013 | 9:35 PM ET

God save the queen.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : Predictions: Will Jose Ramirez and Vergil Ortiz Jr shine on Saturday?
  • MMA Mania : Meet PFL’s Latest Flyweight Signing, Melissa Balic!
  • Jits Magazine : Elijah Dorsey To Challenge Max Hanson For Welterweight Title At Enigma Invitational 15
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Buckley Lands UFC St. Louis Co-Main Vs. Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Just continue being the best’: Crawford looks forward to upcoming title fight with Madrimov
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Gets New Opponent For Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Terence Crawford vs. Israil Madrimov official; Isaac Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr. on undercard
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereira’s Wrestling To Ben Askren’s Striking: ‘Such A Deficiency’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows That’
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau done with Manel Kape bookings, focused on title shot after UFC on ESPN 55 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight card: Perry vs. Alves
  • Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann claims he hasn't watched tape on Bogdan Guskov ahead of UFC on ESPN 55 co-main bout
  • MMA Mania : Keep $300K Bonuses! ‘It Can’t Go Back’
  • MMAFighting.com : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev announced for UFC St. Louis co-headliner
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ‘It’s Weird To See’
  • MMAFighting.com : Cain Velasquez attempted murder trial set to begin in September
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo confirms UFC 301 final fight on contract, hints at boxing match at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson