Tapology Forums

GSP vs Diaz at UFC 137 in Las Vegas - Official

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Dannotheman
Dannotheman
  • Predictions:  9,433  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,406
  • Post Score: 185

06.01.2011 | 6:20 PM ET

"God please give me patience, if you give me strength I will just punch them in the face."

Responses Page 3

TacomaTerror
TacomaTerror
  • Predictions:  149  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  480
  • Post Score: 59

06.02.2011 | 4:22 PM ET

@Beastmaster

The last exciting fight was against BJ Penn at UFC 94. He lay and prayed Alves and Hardy.. and against Kosh he could have finnished but was affraid of getting caught.

And then he got outboxed by Shields.

Another GSP decision coming right up..

" ."All praise is to Allah, I'll fight any man, any animal, if Jesus were here I'd fight him too." "

BeastMaster
BeastMaster
  • Predictions:  1,958  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,029
  • Post Score: 180

06.02.2011 | 4:33 PM ET

Lay and Pray??? GSP dominated Hardy on the ground had his back and went for a ton of submissions.Just because he likes to exploit his opponents weaknesses doesn't mean he's scared . Besides i'm not trying to say that his last fights were exciting i'm just saying that he is never in a boring fight.Also he never got outboxed by Shields

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone lays a hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

TacomaTerror
TacomaTerror

06.02.2011 | 4:35 PM ET

GSP had Hardys back for a good portion of the fight and never went for it. It wasn't until the last round he really tried going after the submissions.

And yes he did, he landed more 'power' shots but shields landed more hits and GSP looked ****** up afterwards as well.

And he is in plenty of boring fights, being great and being exciting are two different things.

" ."All praise is to Allah, I'll fight any man, any animal, if Jesus were here I'd fight him too." "

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

06.02.2011 | 4:45 PM ET

every fighter is a little crazy before eating a nick diaz liver strike.
BeastMaster
BeastMaster
  • Predictions:  1,958  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,029
  • Post Score: 180

06.02.2011 | 4:45 PM ET

GSP fought Shield for 5 round and for most of the fight he couldn't see out of one of his eyes and still won the fight. He probably would've knocked Shields out if he hadn't cut his eye.

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone lays a hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

06.02.2011 | 4:48 PM ET

diaz will do his best to make this an entertaining fight but gsp will try to make it an unentertaining fight. the 16,000 fans will boo him something fierce if the fight is anything like the shields fight (except the eye poke) lets see how gsp handles getting booed relentlessly if he tries to lay and pray.
geezhound
geezhound
  • Predictions:  6,745  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,297
  • Post Score: 193

06.02.2011 | 4:51 PM ET

LOL @ the thought of GSP "knocking Shields out".

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

06.02.2011 | 4:56 PM ET

who was the last guy that gsp knocked out?
p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

06.02.2011 | 6:02 PM ET

All you Diaz lovers are in for a real treat. The best guy Diaz has ever beaten is Paul Daley. Lol seriously Diaz does not belong in the same area code as Georges much less the same octagon. According to Diaz awhile back "GSP isn't down to fight me". Give me a break it's not that he wasn't down to fight you he just didn't know who you were. Diaz has a little more then 4 months to run his mouth constanly while GSP listens. Last time somebody went over the line talking about Georges was Penn before UFC 94. That fight ended with BJ quiting between rounds because he couldn't take anymore. Same thing will happen in this fight except instead of between rounds GSP will break one of those twigs Diaz calls his arms. Sorry to all the Diaz lovers/GSP haters because this fight will not be going your way. After a back flip buffer will announce "and still welterweight champion of the world........

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

Dannotheman
Dannotheman
  • Predictions:  9,433  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,406
  • Post Score: 185

06.02.2011 | 6:05 PM ET

If your referring to me as one of the Diaz lovers you should probably check my rankings. GSP is my #1 favorite fighter and Diaz would be top 10 on a least favorite fighter list, I'm just realistic about his skills unlike a lot of you "Diaz haters".

"God please give me patience, if you give me strength I will just punch them in the face."

themysticalninja
themysticalninja
  • Predictions:  1,219  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,725
  • Post Score: 123

06.02.2011 | 6:24 PM ET

GSP does not try to make a fight unentertaining. You could say the problem is that he's only as good...or rather exciting as his oppenent is. Diaz is not a cautious fighter and will bring the fight to GSP and that will lead to some intense action.

I do beleive that GSP will knock out (or submit) Diaz just because Diaz will force the issue.

"Go get some Donald CER-ROE-NAY!" - Greg Jackson

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

06.02.2011 | 7:31 PM ET

@Dannotheman I was not referring to you at all. I'm not a "Diaz hater" either. I don't think this will be an easy fight for Georges. Nobody that GSP fights is an easy fight. GSP will make it look easy though. No matter where the fight is. GSP will dictate everything like he always does. The pace of the fight and where the fight goes will be totally up to Georges. Diaz can't hang with GSP in any aspect. Come UFC 137 I hope GSP does to Diaz what he did to Penn at 94. Beat his ass standing up then take him down and pound on his face till Nate Diaz looks at Herb Dean and says "were done"

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

DelRose
DelRose

06.03.2011 | 7:45 AM ET

@mysticalninja Here's my criteria, its called "Finishing a fight" Something diaz has done in his last several fights. Gsp is a guy who humps his opponents  for 25 minutes. compare someone like that to nick diaz, tell me, who's more deserving.

"That hole is tighter than a nuns nasty"

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

06.03.2011 | 8:45 AM ET

@p4pgoat. gsp will only stand and bang with diaz until he eats a combo of big body shots (liver) and facial strikes then he would immediately go for the takedown. i got nick diaz winning in early 3rd round by tko. herb dean will step in and say "no mas". i do believe gsp could beat" nate" diaz the way you say.
themysticalninja
themysticalninja
  • Predictions:  1,219  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,725
  • Post Score: 123

06.03.2011 | 8:51 AM ET

Then I would argue that "finishing a fight" is a criteria for being an exciting fighter rather then an "deserving champion"

GSP has faced at least decent fighters in Jake Shields, Josh Koscheck, Dan Hardy, Thiago Alves, B.J. Penn, Jon Fitch, Matt Serra, Matt Hughes, Josh Koscheck (Matt Serra and Dan Hardy probably the weakest out of that group) and beaten them.

Someone who has been gifted the title and then avoid, duck fighters who someone who is an undeserving champion.

"Go get some Donald CER-ROE-NAY!" - Greg Jackson

TacomaTerror
TacomaTerror

06.03.2011 | 1:09 PM ET

I think GSP will roll over Diaz, but he wants no part of Anderson silva.

And GSP hasn't knocked out anyone in a long time. He had no shot of knocking out Shields regardless if is eye was fine or not.

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

06.03.2011 | 4:38 PM ET

Honestly if Diaz gives him trouble and is able to last all 5 rounds, I almost certain Silva would finish him.  Honestly diaz is a weaker crapper version of silva.  This in my opinion will tell a lot about how a fight with silva might go.

Though I think Diaz gets finished in the 3rd.

"here I come to save the day"

zerohours
zerohours
  • Predictions:  499  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  180
  • Post Score: 41

06.03.2011 | 5:23 PM ET

Defenetly mega stoked for this one. Nick Diaz is defenetly my favourite WW, I hope he can turn a fight with GSP into an exciting one which sees Rush get tested. If Diaz is able to keep the fight standing he will be able to cause some problems for GSP. That is a big if, and if by some chance he can keep the fight standing that still dose not count GSP out, his striking is phenomenal aswell and he may be able to cause problems for Diaz with his diverse standup attacks. I am hoping for a Diaz KO but I can't really see this fight going any other way then GSP taking Diaz down and pampering him with some elbows to the face for 5 rounds, while Diaz attempts to work his jujitsu. GSP by decision again.

"Even though my spanish is rusty, yo my English is Olde, 40 down, grab yourself an ice cold Colt 45 feelin alive drunk as **** in the daylight ready to die"

TornHonor
TornHonor
  • Predictions:  2,461  |  51.4%
  • Forum Posts:  51
  • Post Score: 53

06.06.2011 | 12:41 PM ET

GSP vis decision.

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning... Smells like victory. "

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

06.06.2011 | 12:46 PM ET

love the pick tornhonor

"here I come to save the day"

Page 3

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : Devin Haney shoves Ryan Garcia: ‘Your son’s going to get killed,’ says Haney’s father
  • Middle Easy : Michael Bisping: Max Holloway ‘Flipped The Script’ At UFC 300, Justin Gaethje ‘Victim Of His Own Success’
  • UFC.com : The Journey Doesn't Scare Thiago Moises
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier amazed by UFC champ Alex Pereira's success 'when he can't wrestle'
  • Middle Easy : Kamaru Usman Points Out Where Justin Gaethje Went ‘Sideways’ Against Max Holloway At UFC 300
  • MMA Junkie : Joe Rogan calls Max Holloway's UFC 300 finish of Justin Gaethje 'the greatest knockout of all time'
  • Jits Magazine : Jeff Glover Steps In To Face Urijah Faber In Combat Jiu-Jitsu Match
  • MMA Mania : Latest UFC 302 Fight Card, PPV Lineup
  • MMAFighting.com : Cody Garbrandt says bout of vertigo affected him in loss to Deiveson Figueireo at UFC 300
  • Middle Easy : Chael Sonnen Says Alex Pereira Could Be MMA GOAT If He Wins Heavyweight Title, Vouches For ‘Poatan’ vs. Tom Aspinall Fight
  • MMAFighting.com : Devin Haney shoves Ryan Garcia during heated staredown at Empire State building
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch BTL live now
  • MMA Junkie : Cody Garbrandt says he experienced vertigo during UFC 300 loss
  • Middle Easy : Renato Moicano Enlightens Fans With Money Lessons, Agrees To Do TUF Against Paddy Pimblett
  • MMA Mania : Audio: Ref Mic Captures ‘Blessed’ Blast
  • MMA Mania : Taylor Vs Serrano 2 Joins Paul-Tyson On Netflix
  • Bad Left Hook : Taylor vs Serrano rematch joins Paul vs Tyson on July 20
  • MMA Junkie : Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler: Odds and what to know ahead of UFC 303 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : Alan Jouban argues ‘it’s not over’ for Justin Gaethje’s title hopes despite brutal UFC 300 loss
  • Middle Easy : Fan Apologizes To Arman Tsarukyan For ‘Flipping Him Off’ At UFC 300, Says He Wouldn’t Sue UFC