Tapology Forums

Matches To Make After TUF 17 Finale

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Blackarone
Blackarone
  • Predictions:  15,517  |  63.7%
  • Forum Posts:  14
  • Post Score: 93

04.14.2013 | 3:02 AM ET

Urijah Faber vs Brad Pickett - This matchup should be made to determine the next title contender.

Scott Jorgensen vs Mike Easton

Kelvin Gastelum vs Tom Lawlor - Kelvin got the upset victory over everyone he faced this season to become the winner of TUF 17 and now looks to continue his winning streak into the UFC. Lawlor recently won a submission over Michael Kuiper and could serve as a nice test for Kelvin.

Urijah Hall vs Michael Kuiper - Hall looked amazing throughout his TUF 17 run and the UFC is likely to keep him around after losing a close split decision to Kelvin. Kuiper who was recently submitted by Tom Lawlor is a well rounded fighter who could serve as a good test to Hall.

Cat Zingano vs Ronda Rousey - Already set up.

Miesha Tate vs Liz Carmouche

Travis Browne vs Stipe Miocic/ Soa Palelei Winner

Gabriel Gonzaga vs Stefan Struve

Bubba McDaniel vs Brad Tavares

Josh Samman vs Thiago Perpetuo - Both we're successful in their UFC debuts winning by TKO a matchup between these two could make for fireworks.

Kevin Casey vs Sean Spencer - Casey is a talented grappler and he showed that when he very nearly submitted Josh Samman in his UFC debut, however Casey needs to work on his striking and cardio if he wants to improve. If the UFC gives Casey another chance a suitable opponent could be Sean Spencer.

Luke Barnatt vs Daniel Sarafian/ Eddie Mendez Winner

Dylan Andrews vs Tom Watson - Both fighters are coming off their first octagon win and a matchup between these two could make for a great fight.

Jimmy Quinlan vs Gilbert Smith - Neither man did anything to impress in their respective UFC debuts but both have lots of room to improve. If the UFC decides to give these two another chance a matchup between them would show who was able to improve and really wants to be there.

Clint Hester vs Yoel Romero/ Clifford Starks Winner

Bristol Marunde vs Collin Hart - If the UFC decides to give Marunde and Hart another shot a matchup between the two could determine who gets to stay.

Cole Miller vs Manvel Gamburyan - Both have been in the sport for a long time and now seems like a good time to match them up as they are both coming off wins.

Bart Palaszewski vs Nam Phan - Palaszewski is now on a 3 fight losing streak but at 29 years of age and having over 50 fights he still has room for improvement and something to offer the UFC Featherweight division. Nam Phan is 2-4 inside the octagon and a matchup between these two could make an entertaining fight for the fans.

Daniel Pineda vs Maximo Blanco - Both men kept their UFC careers alive with their wins tonight but in the shallow Featherweight division a matchup between them could do.

Justin Lawrence vs Sam Sicilia - Both fighters are 1-2 in the octagon and are most likely on the chopping block a matchup between them could give each one last chance to save their job.

"themmaoracles.wordpress.com"

Responses

CONDIT729
CONDIT729
  • Predictions:  4,116  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,500
  • Post Score: 165

04.14.2013 | 3:35 AM ET

I'm pretty sure most of the losers from tonight will get cut.

"I'm coming in your backyard and I'm gonna **** you up" -Carlos Condit

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,439  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,777
  • Post Score: 180

04.14.2013 | 9:05 AM ET

I like most of your matchups Blackarone. I think Faber wants to take some time off and he's definitely solidified his perpetual contender status. I'm also in wait and see mode for the ladies & HWs.

As for the FWs, I prefer Blanco/Yagin, Cole/Yahya, and Pineda/Corassani.

Obviously the MWs were the focus of the card and I have the winners and losers matched with the same limited pool of lower tiered UFC vets. I think Gastellum, Bubba, Samman, Barnatt, Andrews, Hester, & Troeng should face someone from among the winner of Starks/Romero, Kong Watson, Perpetuo, Lawlor, Mutante, C.B., and any of the winners of the 4 Fuel 10 MW bouts. I'm a fan of Brad Tavares and feel it wouldn't be fair to throw one of these guys in against him.

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

mmawizzard
mmawizzard
  • Predictions:  48,983  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,160
  • Post Score: 148

04.14.2013 | 3:51 PM ET

I would say..
Urijah Faber Vs. Brad Pickett
Scott Jorgensen Vs. Mike Easton
Kelvin Gastelum Vs. Rousimar Palhares
Uriah Hall Vs. Stanislav Nedkov
Miesha Tate Vs. Amanda Nunes
we already know cat vs ronda
Gabriel Gonzaga Vs. Stefan Struve
Travis Browne Vs. Matt Mitrione
Kevin Casey(if he don't get cut) Vs. Sean Spencer
Josh Samman Vs. Tom Lawlor
Luke Barnatt Vs. Antonio Neto/Anthony Smith winner
Collin Hart Vs. Tim Credeur
Dylan Andrews Vs. Nick Ring
Jimmy Quinlan(if he gets another chance) Vs. Caia Magalhaes/Karlos Vemola Loser 
Clint Hester Vs. Hector Lombard
Bristol Marunde Vs. Tom Deblass
Cole Miller Vs. Danile Pineda
Bart Palaszewski Vs. Hatsu Hioki
Maximo Blanco Vs. Jeremy stevens/Estevan payan winner
Sam Sicilia Vs. Josh Grispi
Justin Lawrence Vs. Matt Grice

"Wizzard of Tapology"

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,439  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,777
  • Post Score: 180

04.14.2013 | 4:08 PM ET

Bartimus has already fought Hioki and do you not like Kelvin and/or Clint? Palhares and Lombard both seem just a little out of their league.

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

mmawizzard
mmawizzard
  • Predictions:  48,983  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,160
  • Post Score: 148

04.14.2013 | 7:53 PM ET

Nope I like kelvin I just think where he is the TUF winner He should fight a good fighter and I like clint alot but hector hasn't fought a striker yet in the ufc and I think clint can hang with him. 

"Wizzard of Tapology"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : Joaquin Buckley: ‘This Is The Reason I’m Here’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’d love that fight’: Tszyu willing to face Spence next, talks fight with Fundora
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’d love that fight’: Tim Tszyu willing to face Errol Spence next, talks fight with Sebastian Fundora
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor scoffs at retirement: ‘It’s to the motherf****** grave’
  • MMA Mania : Whittaker: Chimaev Fight ‘Came Out Of Nowhere’
  • MMA Junkie : Why 2022 PFL welterweight champ Sadibou Sy moved to light heavyweight for upcoming season
  • MMAFighting.com : Robert Whittaker reacts to Khamzat Chimaev fight at UFC Saudi Arabia: ‘It’s a bit of a shock’
  • MMA Mania : GSP ‘Would Have Put Khabib Down’
  • MMAFighting.com : Logan Paul reveals he had ‘suicidal thoughts’ amid CryptoZoo scandal fallout: ‘I was spiraling’
  • UFC.com : The State Of UFC During UFC 100 And 200
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Not the smartest in the ring fighter’: Robert Garcia not convinced Rolly will beat Pitbull
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Not the smartest in the ring fighter’: Robert Garcia not convinced Rolando Romero will beat Isaac Cruz
  • UFC.com : Venum’s Adrenaline Fight Week Collection Is Changing The Game For Our Athletes
  • MMA Mania : Prospect Watch! Say Hello To Ernesto ‘Starboy’ Rodriguez
  • UFC.com : Vicente Luque: Expect Fireworks
  • MMA Mania : Aging Mac Will Fight Until He’s ‘Laid Out Flat’
  • Middle Easy : Georges St-Pierre Believes He ‘Would Have Beat’ Khabib in Rumored Superfight, Reveals His MMA GOATs
  • UFC.com : Erin Blanchfield Is Having A Full-Circle Moment
  • MMA Junkie : ONE 168 headlined by Stamp Fairtex vs. Jing Nan Xiong dual champion bout
  • MMAFighting.com : Dana White reveals story behind heated negotiation with UFC sponsor: ‘Take your money … shove it right up your ass’