Tapology Forums

The Conquering Lions !!!

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

yorma
yorma
  • Predictions:  30,124  |  62.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,459
  • Post Score: 292

04.08.2013 | 8:02 PM ET

"RISE AND RISE AGAIN UNTIL THE LAMBS BECOME CONQUERING LIONS"

A bit of History :

- "The Conquering Lions" is a team created last year, but its more than a team, its a group of friends, a familly, a clan .. We get the sympathy of a lot of members even from other teams, and we could claim the title of coolest team on here !! =D 

- We were almost the biggest underdogs and done well, leading with "The Tapology TopTeam" our division until the few last weeks of the regular season .. We won some big winning streak against tough teams, loosing by short amount of points, and evey weeks, a Lion stepped up to get the win, it really was a team effort, cos each time  it wasnt the same Lion who gave us the W !!  

- Playoffs began and our season was ended by the "QuitenGate" !!! lol 
Not that we were sure to win, but no picks from somebody with no score dropped in the playoffs against The future winner, it was done .. We might have been close to the TTT, but we didnt put all our effort in the same way, and against Anik's band, it was a big mistake .. 
We done it only one ******* time, and we paid it cash !!! 

- I also want to APOLOGISE, as a Captain, cos it was MY decision to drop JCole for Quiten only 2 weeks before the playoffs .. My bad, big mistake who cost us, not the victory, but cost us the chance to battle with all our strenghts .. 

Roster Season II :               

- Yorma 
- Wake
- Russello
-
Ronwah
- Shabbalanya
- Itfigures
- Mmalari
- MadMikeXD
- Amp112
- MMA4LIFE00

Few words : 

- First of all Lions .. 5 of us are old mates, and there is 5 new members in this team, but .. And it starts right now, but, there is one and only one team, 10 members from around the world, as equal as u can get .. And like last year i didnt wanna pick some " greatest picker" (a part Wake ;P) as Oldnick or other kings like that, i prefer a real close and cool team to spend a good year, our unity could be our strenght, we dont let any mate down, and we going to pick well to let nobody down, and be the better version of the picking person we are !!! That is our power !!! 

- One more thing Lions .. As mistakes learn stuff, i ask u ( Like made Ronwah today) to let me or us know if someone is not able to pick his weekend or things like that .. Its not a big deal, but just let us know .. We have to communicate each other as a team .. With my baby i might sometimes be busy as hell, and why not couldnt be able to pick a thing during a moment ?, it can happen to everybody, just, let it know to a mate, who gonna communicate it .. 

Well Lions i wish u  best luck, lets ROOOAAARRRR !!!!!! 

"We've come to Show U Love, son, we've come to show you
Whether you my *****, my *****, or I don't know you
Wu-Tang Show U Love, so let me show you
Whether you my *****, my *****, or I don't know you
I said, we've come to Show U Love, son, so let me show you
Whether you my *****, my *****, or I don't know you"

SHOW U LOVE AND SHOW KINDNESS LIONS !!!!

"And whats up with y'all, Looking at me like a monkey, You !?! Yeah right, You're all saints, You !! Bunch of macaques !! Gimme a baby monkey, He'll be .. Wonderfull"

Responses

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

04.08.2013 | 8:29 PM ET

We didn't beat you guys in the playoffs, TTT had a first round bye. You guys got your **** pushed in by the Huggy Bears, aka Team Wolf's estranged children.

Let's see how well the Lions do this year, they are the only returning team in the ITL this season.

"الله أكبرl"

mmalari
mmalari
  • Predictions:  114,892  |  62.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,905
  • Post Score: 168

04.09.2013 | 11:54 AM ET

a lion never leaves its herd single warrr lions
Ronwah
Ronwah
  • Predictions:  26,938  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,343
  • Post Score: 222

04.09.2013 | 1:24 PM ET

I'd like to think as long as there is the ITL there will always be The Conquering Lions. Winning is important, but the most important thing is the team and it's members. I'd rather lose in a happy team than win in a team with problems.

"“I've said if Ivanka weren't my daughter, perhaps I'd be dating her.""

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  20,567  |  71.3%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

04.09.2013 | 1:25 PM ET

ROAR !

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

amp112
amp112
  • Predictions:  37,156  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,588
  • Post Score: 208

04.09.2013 | 1:43 PM ET

First time Lion here. I'll try to make you guys proud.
Ronwah
Ronwah

04.09.2013 | 1:46 PM ET

Great to have you on board amp112 - you'll do just fine :)

Shabbalanya
Shabbalanya
  • Predictions:  13,243  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  567
  • Post Score: 210

04.10.2013 | 7:10 AM ET

We have a great team as always! Happy to be a LION! Lets ROAR to victory this weekend! Good Luck team!

"Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories. Sun Tzu"

itfigures
itfigures
  • Predictions:  37,142  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,448
  • Post Score: 279

04.10.2013 | 3:18 PM ET

I like this team, happy to be a part of it!

WARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
yorma
yorma

04.11.2013 | 7:07 AM ET

LET'S GO LIONS !!! 
Hope everybody is ready ???
Lets make no joke ... 
ROOAR !!! 

"And whats up with y'all, Looking at me like a monkey, You !?! Yeah right, You're all saints, You !! Bunch of macaques !! Gimme a baby monkey, He'll be .. Wonderfull"

amp112
amp112

04.12.2013 | 6:58 PM ET

I saw other teams putting up scores after the SFL card, so I figured since I'm at work and bored, I would do the same.

SFL 15

SFL 15 Total - 3600

Congrats to MadMike for being the high man.

yorma
yorma

04.12.2013 | 7:06 PM ET

Thanks @Amp,  just back from work and too lazy to do it .. ^^ 

MadMikeXD
MadMikeXD

04.14.2013 | 1:01 AM ET

So how are we doing guys?
MMA4LIFE00
MMA4LIFE00
  • Predictions:  14,692  |  64.5%
  • Forum Posts:  648
  • Post Score: 66

04.15.2013 | 3:42 AM ET

What's our score and how did we do compared to the other teams?
amp112
amp112

04.15.2013 | 12:20 PM ET

If I have time today, I'll try and find all the scores and post them here.
MadMikeXD
MadMikeXD

04.15.2013 | 12:25 PM ET

I would ask Ben and Kalibo first.It seems they are doing some mathematics.
Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

04.15.2013 | 12:32 PM ET

Check out the week 1 thread guys... it's all there.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

Kalibo
Kalibo

04.17.2013 | 9:40 AM ET

Guys... check out the Week 2 thread and let me know what you think on adding those two events that mmalari and lopati say we could cover.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

Ronwah
Ronwah

04.17.2013 | 3:02 PM ET

I pick everything so I'm ok with it for what it matters ;)

yorma
yorma

04.21.2013 | 12:36 PM ET

Hi guyz, sorry to not be here as often as i want it .. 

Is someone took time to see what the weekend score is ?

Kalibo
Kalibo

04.21.2013 | 12:37 PM ET

@Yorma.. you guys won, barely... but you won!  I'll have the thread posted tomorrow.. I'm just waiting to see what events we'll include.. but you can pass along that you won!

Also... Russello was your dropped score... he didn't make all his picks!  Get on his ass!

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : UFC Star Jack Della Maddalena Promoted To BJJ Black Belt
  • UFC.com : Dana White Announces Main Event For UFC Saudi Arabia On June 22
  • MMA Junkie : UFC Saudia Arabia fight card announced with Robert Whittaker vs. Khamzat Chimaev headliner
  • MMA Mania : Khamzat Vs Whittaker Headlines UFC Saudi Arabia
  • MMAFighting.com : Khamzat Chimaev vs. Robert Whittaker set as UFC Saudi Arabia main event, 4 more fights announced
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Sandman Sees Suga Stop The Machine
  • UFC.com : UFC And Tourism WA Announce Multiyear Deal To Bring Two Action-Packed MMA Events To Perth
  • MMA Mania : UFC Atlantic City Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • MMA Junkie : UFC free fight: Charles Oliveira rallies to light up Michael Chandler for first title win
  • MMA Mania : ‘Are We Fighting Or What?!’
  • MMA Junkie : Javier Mendez disagrees with Daniel Cormier's claim that Islam Makhachev more dangerous than Khabib Nurmagomedov
  • MMA Junkie : Cory Sandhagen: UFC champ Sean O'Malley has 'really good shot' of finishing Merab Dvalishvili
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘A win and a knockout’: Fabio Wardley prepared to put on a show against Frazer Clarke
  • MMA Mania : Eblen ‘Blows Through’ Adesanya, Reaches Strickland In MMA March Madness
  • MMA Junkie : Why UFC on ESPN 54's Vicente Luque accepted dangerous Joaquin Buckley replacement
  • MMAFighting.com : No Bets Barred: Can Manon Fiorot stop Erin Blanchfield at UFC Atlantic City? Plus, one time for Chris Weidman
  • MMA Mania : Barber: ‘Boring’ Blanchield ‘Fought My Leftovers’
  • MMAFighting.com : Dana White reflects on ugly moment striking his wife, changes he made
  • MMA Junkie : Nate Landwehr happy with UFC on ESPN 54 switch from Pat Sabatini to Jamall Emmers: 'It's better for the fans'
  • UFC.com : Hunting Runs Deep In The Swiderski Family