Topic: 2013 Fights of the Year

Condit vs Hendricks for fight of the year

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

muslesherk
muslesherk
  • Predictions:  5  |  20.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 0

03.21.2013 | 11:37 AM ET

i think Condit vs Hendricks is the best fight of the year

Responses

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

03.21.2013 | 11:39 AM ET

Was a great fight but I got Bermudez/Grice, Swanson/Poirier and Silva/Stann ahead of it

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

03.21.2013 | 11:48 AM ET

I have it at 3 right now... I loved the Curran Pitbull fight. If Hendricks had done more w/ his TD's, I may have moved it up to 2.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

edwinx1903
edwinx1903
  • Predictions:  1,280  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,039

03.21.2013 | 11:49 AM ET

Top 5 for me up til now, but the year's still starting. I have it at #4 after Bermudez vs. Grice, Silva vs. Stann and Rousey vs. Carmouche.

* Edited at 03.21.2013, 11:50 AM ET *

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

03.21.2013 | 11:50 AM ET

Watson/Nedkov is a good call @grizzley.. that one slipped my mind.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

edwinx1903
edwinx1903
  • Predictions:  1,280  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,039

03.21.2013 | 12:01 PM ET

@Kalibo Yeah, that was a good back and forth brawl.

Have you seen Cramer vs. Rogers?

That was a great fight too that no one has listed. Was rather surprising actually as it's a good fight. Highly recommend it.
jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero
  • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,396
  • Post Score: 240

03.21.2013 | 12:02 PM ET

Bermudez & Grice both went at it and beat the piss out of each other which makes me favor it for FOTY so far.

With all due respect to Hendricks, Condit was the one who made that fight incredible for the most part. It takes 2 to fight but Condit's mental strength to get up every time Hendricks took him down, his willingness to take punch after punch from such a dangerous guy just to land 1 strike and to top it off him going after Johny relentlessly until the very last second of the fight was what made that fight spectacular.

I'm being biased seeing as Condit is my favorite fighter but he really doesn't get the respect or the credit he deserves for the level of fighter that he has developed himself into.

* Edited at 03.21.2013, 12:04 PM ET *

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : Adrien Broner vs Blair Cobbs official for June 7, WBC title fight on undercard
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping says he's down for Luke Rockhold trilogy fight – with a condition
  • Middle Easy : Anthony Smith Pitches For Alex Pereira Fight, Says He ‘Would Really Step In The Fire’ With ‘Poatan’
  • Middle Easy : Khabib Nurmagomedov Threatened to ‘Rip Up’ UFC Contract to Get His Friend a Fight
  • MMA Mania : What’s The Holdup?
  • MMAFighting.com : Michael Bisping would ‘100 percent’ have trilogy fight with Luke Rockhold in Karate Combat
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55's Bogdan Guskov still down for Anthony Smith fight despite 'friendly sparring'
  • Middle Easy : Jose Aldo Discusses UFC 301 Return And Boxing Match With Floyd Mayweather, Backs Conor McGregor To Finish Michael Chandler
  • Middle Easy : Leon Edwards’ Coach is ’99 Percent’ Certain the Belal Muhammad Fight Will Happen at UFC 304
  • UFC.com : Ryan Spann: Consistency Builds Confidence
  • MMA Junkie : Dan Hooker claps back at Renato Moicano: 'You're the easiest money I've ever seen in my life, you chinless scumbag'
  • MMAFighting.com : Devin Haney releases first statement since Ryan Garcia loss, Oscar De La Hoya responds
  • MMA Mania : Velasquez Headed To Trial In September
  • MMA Junkie : UFC veterans in MMA, boxing and bareknuckle action April 25-27
  • MMAFighting.com : Roundtable: Is BKFC Mike Perry one of the 10 biggest draws in combat sports?
  • MMA Mania : ‘Let’s Go, Colby!’
  • MMA Junkie : PFL MENA 1 lineup announced
  • Bad Left Hook : Predictions: Will Jose Ramirez and Vergil Ortiz Jr shine on Saturday?
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 Almost Had ‘Scarface’ Vs. ‘Dominator’
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Zubaira Tukhugov reveals Khabib Nurmagomedov was ‘going to rip contract up’ if he didn’t fight at UFC 242