Topic: UFC on FUEL TV 8

UFC ON FUEL 8 PICKS AND DISCUSSION

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,561
  • Post Score: 275

03.02.2013 | 1:56 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 6 Perfect, 575 Points   |   Tied for 55th

The UFC is back to Japan for the 2nd time!  Or, at least the second time in the modern era.

Here's your schedule of when to tune in:

Prelims on Facebook/Youtube:  Hard to tell!  UFC.com says 7:40PM ET but perhaps they will start earlier. Be careful and watch out for an earlier start!!

Main Card on Fuel: 10PM ET.

Get your picks in and enjoy your UFC fix.

"I live, I die, I live again."

UFC on FUEL TV 8
  • Saturday 03.02.2013 at 10:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Fuel TV | Prelims: Facebook.com
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Zuffa, LLC
  • Venue: Saitama Super Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Kenny Florian
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Jon Anik
  • Attendance: 14,682
  • TV Ratings: 485,000 average viewers
  • MMA Bouts: 11
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Wanderlei Silva   defeats   Brian Stann   via KO/TKO, Punches   4:08 Round 2 of 5, 9:08 Total Bout Page
Mark Hunt   defeats   Stefan Struve   via KO/TKO, Punch   1:44 Round 3 of 3, 11:44 Total Bout Page
Diego Sanchez   defeats   Takanori Gomi   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Yushin Okami   defeats   Hector Lombard   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Rani Yahya   defeats   Mizuto Hirota   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Dong Hyun Kim   defeats   Siyar Bahadurzada   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Brad Tavares   defeats   Riki Fukuda   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Takeya Mizugaki   defeats   Bryan Caraway   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Kazuki Tokudome   defeats   Cristiano Marcello   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Alex Caceres   vs.   Kyung Ho Kang   Ends in a No Contest, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Hyun Gyu Lim   defeats   Marcelo Guimarães   via KO/TKO, Knee and Punch   4:00 Round 2 of 3, 9:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 47

joe kerr
joe kerr
  • Predictions:  241,877  |  68.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,850
  • Post Score: 267

03.03.2013 | 9:36 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 325 Points   |   Tied for 923rd

There were four American judges (Ben Cartlidge, Barry Foley, Charlie Keech and Chris Watts) and one Japanese (Junichiro Kamijo) working the event with each of them judging at least 4 fights this time. Last time (UFC 144) it was similarly Kamijo and 4 Americans.

* Edited at 03.03.2013, 9:39 PM ET *

"If the enemy rejects the ground, I would take him down by tackle. Why didn’t he [Royler] do so? May I introduce him to a good coach? His tackle was... like a girl’s one... Mr. Royler, how are you feeling?" - Kazushi Sakuraba

trevpicks
trevpicks
  • Predictions:  82,387  |  56.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,853
  • Post Score: 222

03.04.2013 | 1:56 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 450 Points   |   Tied for 399th

Still thinking about this card, the last two fights made this so memorable for me. The post fight presser was hard to watch with no dana, no translator and listening to wandi slowly **** english out of his ass/mouth is unwatchable imo and i bet that is why dana sent in that other dude to hold the conference. But what a free card with the fight of the year for sure.
yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

03.04.2013 | 7:05 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 450 Points   |   Tied for 399th

@trevpicks, I think Dana's disease has made him realize he has to slow down a bit and can't be everywhere at once anymore ...

That's why they hired that dude to manage European stuff and he's probably going to start missing a few more of the smaller "other side of the world" cards ...

@dielegende23, if the UFC sent their own judges to their events it would open a ****-storm of questions since the UFC are invested more in some fighters rather than others.

For instance, say Ronda Rousey had beat Liz Carmouche via controversial decision and the judges were in-house ones. People wouldn't watch a UFC fight ever again.

I think that bad judging is better than suspect judging. You can educate judges so that they make less mistakes (though you can't eliminate them completely), but once people start thinking that the judging is influenced by a fighter's value and marketability for the UFC you'd lose legitimacy. I know that I'd definitely stop watching a promotion where the outcome of fights is decided by an interested party. I hate bad decisions, but I can swallow them. Suspect judging, not so much.

* Edited at 03.04.2013, 8:37 AM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

03.04.2013 | 10:54 AM ET

Predictions: 2 of 5 Winners, 1 Perfect, 125 Points   |   Tied for 1340th

Isn't judging what killed boxing?  People finally woke up to the obvious reality that many boxing bouts were fixed for the mob to reap bonanza windfalls.  

MMA can't afford to come within light-years of anything like that.  And so far, we haven't.  We just have judges who suck at MMA events due to lack of familiarity.  

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

blitzkrieg
blitzkrieg
  • Predictions:  4,528  |  61.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,449
  • Post Score: 285

03.04.2013 | 12:21 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 6 Perfect, 575 Points   |   Tied for 55th

judging/refereeing problems won't go away, never. Even today, in sports as mature as baseball and soccer controversial desicions take place every weekend in almost every game. It may get slightly better, and I think it will, slowly. But in 20 years from know we'll still be complaining about decisions and going back to our good ol 'never leave it the hands of the judges'.

"@AndySalasMMA"

Page 47

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : TKO CEO Ari Emanuel earned nearly $65 million in compensation in 2023, including $20 million bonus from UFC
  • Middle Easy : Marlon Vera Calls Out Ex-UFC Champion for Bantamweight Title Eliminator at MSG in November
  • MMA Junkie : Alex Perez not surprised Steve Erceg got UFC title shot, despite Muhammad Mokaev's 'tougher resume'
  • Jits Magazine : PGF World Season 6: Best Of Day 2
  • MMA Junkie : Video: 'UFC on ESPN 55: Nicolau vs. Perez' media day interviews
  • UFC.com : Best UFC Fights To Happen In Rio de Janeiro | UFC Fight Pass
  • MMA Junkie : UFC champion Islam Makhachev not excited by potential Max Holloway matchup – not yet, at least
  • MMA Mania : Full PFL Uncasville Fight Card Revealed!
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303: McGregor vs. Chandler official with 7 fights booked so far
  • MMA Mania : Bull-Riding Cerrone ‘Rushed Into Surgery’
  • MMA Junkie : Ex-Bellator title challenger Alejandra Lara gets replacement opponent for Combate Global debut
  • MMAFighting.com : Caio Borralho questions why Paulo Costa can’t fix ‘basic’ mistake that led Robert Whittaker loss
  • MMA Mania : How, When To Buy Tickets For UFC 303
  • MMA Junkie : UFC champ Dricus Du Plessis on board with Jiri Prochazka moving to middleweight
  • Middle Easy : Anthony Smith is Blinded by His Own UFC Title Aspirations: ‘It’s Making Me a Worse Fighter’
  • Bad Left Hook : Morrell vs Kalajdzic and Cruz vs Moran set for Aug. 3
  • MMA Junkie : Cedric Doumbe gets new opponent for Bellator Champions Series in Paris
  • MMAFighting.com : Leon Edwards’ coach: Belal Muhammad ‘was looking for a way out’ in first fight
  • MMAFighting.com : Leon Edwards’ coach: Belal Muhammad was ‘was looking for a way out’ after eye poke in first fight
  • MMA Junkie : PFL signs Melissa Balic to multifight deal ahead of professional debut