Topic: Cerrone vs. Noons

Cerrone vs. Noons

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,582  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,524
  • Post Score: 60

02.20.2013 | 2:21 PM ET

Prediction: correct Cerrone   correct Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for Cerrone vs. Noons. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 2

Sicko
Sicko
  • Predictions:  2,294  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: -200

05.20.2013 | 4:57 PM ET

Prediction: correct Cerrone   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

Id love to suck cerrones ****

"tap"

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

05.20.2013 | 5:03 PM ET

well you´ll need to removie it from Noon´s ass because the Cowboy will **** him up

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

sh00ky
sh00ky
  • Predictions:  881  |  56.8%
  • Forum Posts:  72
  • Post Score: -103

05.21.2013 | 2:51 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Noons   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

I picked Noons because I can just see Cerrone trying to play Rock'em Sock'em Robots the way he did with Gillard. Gillard had power and almost finished, but Noons has legit boxing chops. Cerrone can win if he plays smart, but I think he ends up taking an entertaining loss instead.

"The."

DelRose
DelRose

05.21.2013 | 2:59 AM ET

Prediction: correct Cerrone   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

Fight of the night right here.

"That hole is tighter than a nuns nasty"

sh00ky
sh00ky

05.21.2013 | 4:46 AM ET

What about Nick Diaz? Cuts are technically a part of the game and he is one of few to best Diaz on the feet. Either way I think we're in for a treat… that is unless Cerrone's recent near-death climbing experience turned him to god's ways (and by "god" I mean Greg Jackson lol)

"The."

sh00ky
sh00ky

05.21.2013 | 4:48 AM ET

I think he probably means "dominate" somebody. True he did flatten Guillard, but he was seeing stars for a good chunk of that fight and if not for his ridiculous spirit he would have been shark's bait.

"The."

benjaminbrandt
benjaminbrandt
  • Predictions:  18,270  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  15,716
  • Post Score: 229

05.25.2013 | 9:48 AM ET

Noons hasnt been finished since 2007 by Crazy Horse.

"I have not yet begun to defile myself. "

StickmanAndrw
StickmanAndrw
  • Predictions:  5,405  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,146
  • Post Score: 141

05.25.2013 | 11:23 AM ET

Prediction: correct Cerrone   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

This fight depends on which Cerrone shows up. If he's being smart and using that ground game of his, he'll win easily. If K1 Cerrone shows up, he can get KOed by Noons. I think after the beatdown Pettis put on him, Cerrone will have learned his lesson and will take the fight to the ground.

"I can't think of anything witty to say at the moment..."

DietDrPepper
DietDrPepper
  • Predictions:  14,982  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  637
  • Post Score: 180

05.25.2013 | 1:51 PM ET

I expect fireworks, a back and forth fight with Cerrone rocking Noons and taking his back for a RNC in the second
AnAlias
AnAlias
  • Predictions:  7,888  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  8,737
  • Post Score: 246

05.25.2013 | 2:47 PM ET

This will be a close and competitive fight.  I think Cerrone will edge out a decision. 
jaykool777
jaykool777
  • Predictions:  25,528  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,654
  • Post Score: 158

05.25.2013 | 3:04 PM ET

If it were the KJ Noons that defeated Nick Diaz the first time they fought, I would say it's going to be a very competitive back and forth fight, but since his loss to Nick Diaz in the rematch, Noons just doesn't seem to fight with the same fire and passion that he once did. I think Noons got robbed in that decision against Ryan Couture, but even in that fight, Noons just didn't seem like the same Noons that was demolishing fighters left and right when he first came to Strikeforce. There was a confidence that he had then, that he just hasn't seemed to have in his last few fights.

I think that if Cerrone tags him right away, and turns it into the same type of fight that he did against Melvin Guillard, then Noons will be finished in the first round. Another scenario that comes to mind, is Cerrone does to Noons, what Nate Diaz did to Cerrone.

For Noons to win this fight, he has to cut off the range in the stand-up right away, and get Cerrone into KJ's punching range. Noons is a very good boxer, but he can't get to close to Cerrone, because Cerrone does have a pretty good Muay Thai clinch. For lack of a better term, there is a "sweet spot" that Noons has to stay in on the feet for the fight to play into his favor. Noons keeps Cerrone on the end of his punches, but stays close enough to avoid being damaged at the end of Cerrone's kicks and punches, plus utilizing good head and foot movement, but stays far enough away to stay out of Cerrone's clinch to avoid the knees and elbows. If Noons fights with any fear of engagement, or there is even a hint of hesitation, then it's all Cerrone's fight. Melvin Guillard and Jaimie Varner are proof of that.

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,326  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,486
  • Post Score: 203

05.26.2013 | 12:52 AM ET

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

05.26.2013 | 9:22 AM ET

I love Cowboy... I wonder how he cut is 'bow that badly. It had to be more than just dropping 'em on KJ's head. I'm surprised Joe didn't say anything about it during the post fight 'view.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

MMATycoon
MMATycoon
  • Predictions:  7,154  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  887
  • Post Score: 227

05.26.2013 | 10:08 AM ET

That was a nasty fight and a nasty elbow cut.

"www.mmatycoon.com"

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

05.26.2013 | 11:03 AM ET

Love Cowboy. Loved the fight. Loved the win. 

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : BJJ Stars 12 Full Preview
  • MMA Junkie : Mike Malott books UFC return after upset loss to Neil Magny
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch BTL live now
  • MMAFighting.com : Donald Cerrone reveals nasty injury preparing to ride Dana White’s Twisted Steel
  • MMA Mania : Once More, With Kicking
  • Bad Left Hook : Adrien Broner vs Blair Cobbs official for June 7, WBC title fight on undercard
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping says he's down for Luke Rockhold trilogy fight – with a condition
  • Middle Easy : Anthony Smith Pitches For Alex Pereira Fight, Says He ‘Would Really Step In The Fire’ With ‘Poatan’
  • Middle Easy : Khabib Nurmagomedov Threatened to ‘Rip Up’ UFC Contract to Get His Friend a Fight
  • MMA Mania : What’s The Holdup?
  • MMAFighting.com : Michael Bisping would ‘100 percent’ have trilogy fight with Luke Rockhold in Karate Combat
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55's Bogdan Guskov still down for Anthony Smith fight despite 'friendly sparring'
  • Middle Easy : Jose Aldo Discusses UFC 301 Return And Boxing Match With Floyd Mayweather, Backs Conor McGregor To Finish Michael Chandler
  • Middle Easy : Leon Edwards’ Coach is ’99 Percent’ Certain the Belal Muhammad Fight Will Happen at UFC 304
  • UFC.com : Ryan Spann: Consistency Builds Confidence
  • MMA Junkie : Dan Hooker claps back at Renato Moicano: 'You're the easiest money I've ever seen in my life, you chinless scumbag'
  • MMAFighting.com : Devin Haney releases first statement since Ryan Garcia loss, Oscar De La Hoya responds
  • MMA Mania : Velasquez Headed To Trial In September
  • MMA Junkie : UFC veterans in MMA, boxing and bareknuckle action April 25-27
  • MMAFighting.com : Roundtable: Is BKFC Mike Perry one of the 10 biggest draws in combat sports?