Topic: Paul Daley

Paul Daley will return to kickboxing at Glory 5

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,050  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,481
  • Post Score: 203

02.13.2013 | 3:32 PM ET

Sources at MMAWeekly.com have reported that U.K. mixed martial artist Paul Daley will be returning to the kickboxing ring this March at GLORY 5.

Daley, who was slated to be one of Bellator’s most prized free agent acquisitions, found himself unable to compete in the promotion’s welterweight tournament due to visa complications stemming from a barroom brawl in his native England. However, the 29 year old heavy hitter has none the less remained active; Daley is set to headline Cage Contender’s February 23rd MMA card in Dublin, Ireland before making the transition back to the kickboxing ring on March 23rd.

Known best for his dynamic striking and knockout power in the MMA world, “Semtex” is no stranger to kickboxing, amassing a record of 14-3 in European Muay Thai and K-1 rules competition. Daley’s opponent has yet to be named.

GLORY 5 is set to take place at London’s Excel Arena and will be headlined by a super heavyweight tilt between Tyrone Spong and Remy Bonjasky. Stay close to ProMMANow.com for all the latest kickboxingnews, notes, and commentary as GLORY 5 takes shape.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Paul "Semtex" Daley

Fighter Details

• Name: Paul Daley
  • Pro MMA Record: 44-18-2 (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: Semtex
  • Current Streak: 1 Win
  • Last Fight: May 13, 2022 in BFC
  • Weight Class: Welterweight | Last Weigh-In: 174.4 lbs
  • Affiliation: Team Rough House
  • Height: 5'9" (176cm) | Reach: 76.0" (193cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $373,200 USD
  • Born: London, England
  • Fighting out of: Nottingham, England
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses

ProdigyKid14
ProdigyKid14
  • Predictions:  8,848  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,902
  • Post Score: 195

02.14.2013 | 5:33 PM ET

Man, i just want to see him fight again. So many people give the guy ****, but he'll always be one of my favorites. Interesting that he's doing kickboxing though.

"I fight em all. Men, women, children, ******** people, it doesn't matter. If you hit me, we're gonna fight. -Charles Bennett"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,050  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,481
  • Post Score: 203

02.15.2013 | 10:14 AM ET

I'm excited he is going back to kickboxing. 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

amp112
amp112
  • Predictions:  37,156  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,588
  • Post Score: 208

02.15.2013 | 3:51 PM ET

I guess that "superfight" with War Machine will never happen. I didn't get why that fight was so popular
CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones
  • Predictions:  40,133  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,674
  • Post Score: 286

02.15.2013 | 3:57 PM ET

I think people just wanted to see two thug criminals beat the **** out of each other. At least I did.
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 6 months, 3 weeks, 2 hours, and 3 minutes from now.
amp112
amp112

02.15.2013 | 4:00 PM ET

I definitely would have watched it, but it seemed like Bellator put much more stock in that fight than it deserved
CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones
  • Predictions:  40,133  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,674
  • Post Score: 286

02.15.2013 | 4:04 PM ET

It probably would have been exciting for a few minutes until Daley knocked him out, Wasn't that the fight that the fans voted for to kick off Bellator on Spike? Way to deliver Bjorn.
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 6 months, 3 weeks, 2 hours, and 3 minutes from now.
amp112
amp112

02.15.2013 | 4:07 PM ET

Yeah it was. And they made SURE everyone watching Bellator knew that was the fight that the fans wanted. Now that it won't happen, I got a chuckle out of it.
ProdigyKid14
ProdigyKid14
  • Predictions:  8,848  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,902
  • Post Score: 195

02.15.2013 | 5:41 PM ET

Daley/War Machine was just a popular idea because a lot of people hate War Machine, and would like to see him get destroyed.

"I fight em all. Men, women, children, ******** people, it doesn't matter. If you hit me, we're gonna fight. -Charles Bennett"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : ‘Not the smartest in the ring fighter’: Robert Garcia not convinced Rolando Romero will beat Isaac Cruz
  • UFC.com : Vicente Luque: Expect Fireworks
  • Middle Easy : Georges St-Pierre Believes He ‘Would Have Beat’ Khabib in Rumored Superfight, Reveals His MMA GOATs
  • UFC.com : Erin Blanchfield Is Having A Full-Circle Moment
  • MMA Junkie : ONE 168 headlined by Stamp Fairtex vs. Jing Nan Xiong dual champion bout
  • UFC.com : Manon Fiorot Has Gold On Her Mind
  • Middle Easy : Brendan Schaub Calls Conor McGregor The ‘Most Underpaid Athlete’ of All Time: ‘No One Wants to Hear This’
  • MMA Mania : Adesanya ‘Ready To Go’ For DDP Fight At UFC 305
  • MMAFighting.com : Alexander Shabliy ‘not fully sure’ Usman Nurmagomedov fight happening, still awaiting contract and terms from PFL
  • MMA Junkie : Tim Welch: Merab Dvalishvili never fought someone like Sean O'Malley, 'who can put your lights out, one punch'
  • Bad Left Hook : Juan Francisco Estrada vs Bam Rodriguez official for June 29
  • Middle Easy : Dana White Makes Promise to His Children That Infamous Wife-Slapping Incident ‘Will Never Happen Again’
  • MMA Junkie : Georges St-Pierre reveals what his strategy would have been vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Thought I Had Cancer’
  • MMA Junkie : Maycee Barber fires back at Erin Blanchfield for calling her pathetic: 'Erin fought my leftovers'
  • MMA Junkie : Conor McGregor opens up about fighting future: 'It's to the grave'
  • Bad Left Hook : Walters turns back clock, beats Adorno in ProBox main event
  • Bad Left Hook : Nicholas Walters turns back clock, beats Joseph Adorno in ProBox main event
  • Middle Easy : Georges St-Pierre Reveals Why He Retired: ‘I Thought Maybe I Had Cancer’
  • MMA Mania : White Vows Wife Slap ‘Will Never Happen Again’