Tapology Forums

Lesnar didn`t deserve the JDS fight anyway

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

outlawmusic
outlawmusic
  • Predictions:  2,101  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  269
  • Post Score: 88

05.13.2011 | 1:01 PM ET

I think that Carwin vs. JDS was the fight that should have happened anyway. Lesnar came off of a narrow victory against Carwin to retain his belt. Both men were champions at the same time and Carwin was one thunder fist away from putting Lesnar into a very real very confusing state of sleep. Not one person watching that fight could have said that Lesnar won hands down. Carwin took a 10-8 or 10-7 round against Lesnar and won every second of that fight except the last 10. I`m not trying to take credit from Brock in that fight. It was an amazing dispay of heart and in the end he won and deservedly so had his hand raised in the end. However he was not the undisputed champion.The dispute came in the form of Carwin dominating him and a rematch was and still is in order if Lesnar is going to remain in title contention. Velasquez is the undisputed champion because he won the fight from start to finish. There was no question in the end that he bested the former champion for the entire round. JDS has earned his title shot, and Carwin hasn`t lost his place among the top. The two of them are deseevedly fighting fand the winner will be the undisputed contender.or a title shot  

"I don't go running, I train to fight not to run" - Don ******* Frye

Responses

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero
  • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,396
  • Post Score: 240

05.13.2011 | 1:09 PM ET

so basically your saying carwin should have gotten jds in the first place instead of brock yes? unless i read that wrong..ha

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

BodyModifier
BodyModifier
  • Predictions:  21  |  61.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,608
  • Post Score: 152

05.13.2011 | 1:13 PM ET

We could say would of could of and what if's. Doesn't change the fact Brock won that fight. We could bash his record and I am anti-Brock only because of how the UFC milked Brock with everything they had. They still are. He gets dominated by Cain and want him to fight JDS for the shot at Cain again....It's Dana White's way of saying "stick with this you can still get the belt". Because Brock is $$$$. 
Brock will never hold the belt in my honest opinion if he has to face Carwin/JDS/Cain. I was getting flack for my opinion awhile back about Brocks resume being mediocre and once he faced Carwin he'd lose. If Carwin didn't gas he would have lost but I gave Brock props...we can't say if so and so had a full gas tank or if they landed one more clean punch it would have been over. Because we could do this to countless fights that have happened in the past.
Carwin/JDS is a fight I'm anticipated for. 

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero

05.13.2011 | 1:18 PM ET

i disagree with carwin deserving it before brock,,,i mean carwin is coming off a loss to brock...wudnt make sense...ha

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

Babywads
Babywads
  • Predictions:  767  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  129
  • Post Score: 116

05.13.2011 | 1:23 PM ET

Carwin could have taken a 10-0 round, but it wouldn't matter because Brock finished him.  Carwin was stopped and Brock walked away the winner.
Jono
Jono
  • Predictions:  2,901  |  67.9%
  • Forum Posts:  417
  • Post Score: 54

05.13.2011 | 1:23 PM ET

@Outlawmusic - Your avatar always reminds me of "I Hate Nature"
Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,561
  • Post Score: 275

05.13.2011 | 1:26 PM ET

"I live, I die, I live again."

CashBrewyn
CashBrewyn
  • Predictions:  21,572  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,045
  • Post Score: 212

05.13.2011 | 1:26 PM ET

A win is still a win...with that logic Sonnen should be fighting Okami in Rio

"My hearts pumpin' the blood of Royce Gracie My thoughts dumpin' the slug and point straightly"

themysticalninja
themysticalninja
  • Predictions:  1,219  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,725
  • Post Score: 123

05.13.2011 | 2:06 PM ET

UFC is a business. Brock Lesnar is still a hot commodity who can bring in massive PPV numbers whenever he's on the undercard. It makes business sense that he gets a #1 contender shot after losing his belt rather then having to get say two victories ala Hominick.

While we may see fighters who "deserve" a title shot get shafted over someone who's perhaps dosen't, it's because the UFC is looking at it in a business sense. Otherwise Jon Fitch would possibly be fighting for the title again by now.

Dana likes guys who win but he'd rather you fight with all your might (basically put on an exciting preformance) and lose then lay and pray (or dance) to a victory.

"Go get some Donald CER-ROE-NAY!" - Greg Jackson

BodyModifier
BodyModifier

05.13.2011 | 2:11 PM ET

@mystical. It's because the majority of the fan base don't appreciate the ground game. They get bored instantly when it hits the canvas. Every time I watch it with friends that are casual fans they all boo when it goes to the ground. Dana White is actively on twitter and gets all this feedback. It's very unfortunate that fighters like Jon Fitch fights the way he does and dominates and still doesn't get the attention he deserves. Everything isn't always about a finish but to Dana White this is $$$. 
I can understand it but I don't agree with it.

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero

05.13.2011 | 2:23 PM ET

@bodymodifier i like good grappling as much as stand up but jon fitch just blankets.......going for subs,improving positions and trying to finish on the ground are all things i appreciate but doing next to nothing and aiming for a decision is something i dont.....

@mystical ill go back to the fighter i always do when looking for an example of fighting your heart out and losing, YOSHIHIRO AKIYAMA!!! 

BodyModifier
BodyModifier

05.13.2011 | 2:28 PM ET

@Jaffa. I do agree but I try not to think of blanketing or "lay n praying".  Fitch doesn't excite me but I think he's the one that doesn't entertain me in mma. 
So I try to not to be so vocal about him. I do however think he's deserving since he's stringed wins together. 

TownStar
TownStar
  • Predictions:  944  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  329
  • Post Score: 62

05.13.2011 | 3:11 PM ET

brock is the former champion, of course he deserved this fight, he finished Carwin... Ufc did the right thing by giving the next contender his shot, which is Carwin. im not seeing how brock didnt deserver it?

"fresh outta Oakland..."

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

05.13.2011 | 3:23 PM ET

@Agree with Town, Jaffa, Gregory, Cash.  Brock deserved the fight 1st and got the fight 1st. 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

outlawmusic
outlawmusic
  • Predictions:  2,101  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  269
  • Post Score: 88

05.14.2011 | 3:23 AM ET

I'm not saying woulda and coulda. If Brock beat JDS hes still getting dummied by Cain. If Carwin beats JDS he's also getting beat by Cain but sooner. Brock finished him yes but I think Carwin also deserves a rematch against Brock. Let's face it the UFC heavy weight division has the same problem as Strike Force's middle weight division. Its a small circle of talent that can sell a ppv. The top 4 are the only fighters anyone wants to see a title match for in the next year or so. We've seen Brock vs. Cain and it was a one sided beating. We've also seen Brock vs. Carwin which was one sided and one sided. If Lesnar beat Cain in the same fashion as he beat Carwin I would say rematch. If Lesnar beat Cain in the same fashion Cain beat him I would say Carwin JDS for contenders. But with Lesnar's lopsided loss to Cain I think he needs 2 wins to have his next shot. It is just money and thats understandable its business but business and logic almost never go hand in hand.

"I don't go running, I train to fight not to run" - Don ******* Frye

BodyModifier
BodyModifier

05.14.2011 | 7:18 AM ET

@Outlaw I agree.

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

05.17.2011 | 1:32 AM ET

its just a koala bear.
Yaspaa
Yaspaa
  • Predictions:  173  |  73.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,422
  • Post Score: 151

05.17.2011 | 3:38 AM ET

The could've done, shoud've done doesn't really matter, Brock won, he's also a bigger draw.

"I Get Better."

TacomaTerror
TacomaTerror
  • Predictions:  149  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  480
  • Post Score: 59

05.17.2011 | 6:33 PM ET

@Cash you are retarted because Sonnen got chocked the **** out.

" ."All praise is to Allah, I'll fight any man, any animal, if Jesus were here I'd fight him too." "

themysticalninja
themysticalninja
  • Predictions:  1,219  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,725
  • Post Score: 123

05.17.2011 | 6:52 PM ET

Until UFC brings in more vaible Heavyweights (which may be soon due to the purchase of Strikeforce) this is going to be a re-occuring problem.

"Go get some Donald CER-ROE-NAY!" - Greg Jackson

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : Gabriel Benitez: Still flying the flag
  • UFC.com : Rhythm Is Gonna Get You: Why Timing Is Everything For Matheus Nicolau
  • MMA Junkie : Tatsuro Taira fills UFC 302 opening, fights Joshua Van
  • Jits Magazine : BJJ Stars 12 Full Preview
  • MMA Junkie : Mike Malott books UFC return after upset loss to Neil Magny
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch BTL live now
  • MMAFighting.com : Donald Cerrone reveals nasty injury preparing to ride Dana White’s Twisted Steel
  • MMA Mania : Once More, With Kicking
  • Bad Left Hook : Adrien Broner vs Blair Cobbs official for June 7, WBC title fight on undercard
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping says he's down for Luke Rockhold trilogy fight – with a condition
  • Middle Easy : Anthony Smith Pitches For Alex Pereira Fight, Says He ‘Would Really Step In The Fire’ With ‘Poatan’
  • Middle Easy : Khabib Nurmagomedov Threatened to ‘Rip Up’ UFC Contract to Get His Friend a Fight
  • MMA Mania : What’s The Holdup?
  • MMAFighting.com : Michael Bisping would ‘100 percent’ have trilogy fight with Luke Rockhold in Karate Combat
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55's Bogdan Guskov still down for Anthony Smith fight despite 'friendly sparring'
  • Middle Easy : Jose Aldo Discusses UFC 301 Return And Boxing Match With Floyd Mayweather, Backs Conor McGregor To Finish Michael Chandler
  • Middle Easy : Leon Edwards’ Coach is ’99 Percent’ Certain the Belal Muhammad Fight Will Happen at UFC 304
  • UFC.com : Ryan Spann: Consistency Builds Confidence
  • MMA Junkie : Dan Hooker claps back at Renato Moicano: 'You're the easiest money I've ever seen in my life, you chinless scumbag'
  • MMAFighting.com : Devin Haney releases first statement since Ryan Garcia loss, Oscar De La Hoya responds