Topic: Quinton Jackson

Rampage wants to ban everything he can't do and/or defend from MMA :)))

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

01.23.2013 | 8:37 AM ET

This is starting to get ridiculous.

He has a problem with Jon Jones' oblique kick ("it could injure a fighter and keep him out for a year" - unlike a Kimura for instance *cough* Big Nog *cough*) and spinning elbows:

http://www.espn.co.uk/ufc/sport/story/189564.html

We all know that according to him, wrestling isn't a legitimate part of the sport and now apparently his "spies" (***?!?) caught a whiff of the notion that Glover Teixeira might  ... *deep breath* ... take him down!!!

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/1/22/3906022/spies-like-us-rampage-jackson-glover-teixeira-camp-wrestling-ufc-fx-6-gameplan

I think fighters should submit their gameplan to Rampage ahead of fighting him (preferably it should consist of standing and banging with him and eventually getting KTFO'd by him) and forfeit the fight AND purse if they deviate from submitted gameplan at any point in the fight. If they, god forbid, go for a takedown, one of their balls should be cut off as punishment.

That's the only way he might stop crying.

Dude! There's a whole "new" sport where people aren't allowed take you down, kick, elbow knee or any other **** you can't be assed to train in, you might have heard of it ... it's called boxing. Go box or train in other MMA aspects, just stop *****ing and whining all the time!! (By the way, if he did move to boxing he'd find out just how big the difference between MMA level boxing and professional boxers is. He'd get knocked out by anyone who's not a Kimbo-worthy opponent).

Having said that, I'll always love Rampage, he cracks me up :)

* Edited at 01.23.2013, 8:37 AM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson

Photo Source:  

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Quinton Ramone Jackson
  • Pro MMA Record: 37-14-0 (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: Rampage
  • Current Streak: 1 Loss
  • Last Fight: December 28, 2019 in BFC
  • Weight Class: Heavyweight | Last Weigh-In: 265.0 lbs
  • Affiliation: Wolfslair Academy
  • Height: 6'1" (186cm) | Reach: 73.0" (185cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $2,815,000 USD
  • Born: Memphis, Tennessee, United States
  • Fighting out of: Irvine, California
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses

cal1
cal1
  • Predictions:  22,053  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,001
  • Post Score: 251

01.23.2013 | 8:44 AM ET

Hopefully he will stay true to what hes been saying and leave the UFC after the Glover fight. He can go fight in ONE FC and DREAM New Years events twice a year against hand picked opponents and hump all the Asian reporters he wants.

"UFC 151 NEVER FORGET"

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

01.23.2013 | 8:47 AM ET

I 100% agree that Grounded elbows and the oblique kicks should be banned. Elbows cause massive cuts and oblique kicks can blow out your knee. Its that simple.

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,326  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,484
  • Post Score: 203

01.23.2013 | 8:50 AM ET

Rampage does ***** a lot. But those oblique kicks should be banned. They could seriously mess up your knee. 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

MadMikeXD
MadMikeXD

01.23.2013 | 9:05 AM ET

I'm not disagreeing on the kicks being dangerous.I'm just curious.Is there any evidence of the straight kicks to the knee causing damage.I know it definitely looks like it could mess someone up rather easily,But is there any proof?I saw a gif of one of those kicks bending someones knee back a bit,But he looked unharmed after.
Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

01.23.2013 | 9:09 AM ET

Aren't straight kicks to the knee banned already? I thought Jones' oblique kick was just above the knee.

"الله أكبرl"

DaiKaiju Wicked
DaiKaiju Wicked
  • Predictions:  2,021  |  67.8%
  • Forum Posts:  383
  • Post Score: 149

01.23.2013 | 9:10 AM ET

I believe they are illegal in some states.  Depends where you are fighting.

"I was born as a catholic but the nuns turned me. I was born as a pacifist but the guns turned me. I was born to be a beautiful man, but the ugliness is powerful, I do what I can."

MadMikeXD
MadMikeXD

01.23.2013 | 9:10 AM ET

@Anik I did read something about it a while ago,One of the commissions had a rule against it.

and yes Jones kick does land above the knee.
dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  20,854  |  71.6%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

01.23.2013 | 9:12 AM ET

The oblique kick is a sneaky technique and if you deliver them with the right timing it could **** your knee up

That said a perfect timed uppercut to the nose could **** your brain up. A suplex on the head could **** your spine up and those are legal as well.

MMA is a dangerous sport to begin with if you don't wanna get hurt don't do it.

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

01.23.2013 | 9:26 AM ET

Even in a standing position, the oblique kick to the knee is ******* painful. The difference between a perfectly timed uppercut, a suplex on the head and an oblique kick to the knee is effort really. That's why people want it banned.

"الله أكبرl"

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

01.23.2013 | 9:46 AM ET

"That said a perfect timed uppercut to the nose could **** your brain up. A suplex on the head could **** your spine up and those are legal as well.

MMA is a dangerous sport to begin with if you don't wanna get hurt don't do it."

@diele  you are wise, very wise

@Rampage ******* cry baby, like if a ******* neck crank or guillotine wasn't dangerous.

* Edited at 01.23.2013, 9:48 AM ET *

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  20,854  |  71.6%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

01.23.2013 | 10:08 AM ET

@Anik Idk it doesn't really seem that hard to deliver an oblique kick, that's true but it also doesn't **** with your knee unless you are moving right into it. They have to be perfectly timed to blow your knee out. And if you don't time them you leave yourself open for a counter. You also have to throw them while moving backwards to land it right.

There is a reason only guys with very good stand up throw them. Anderson Silva did it a couple of times, Condit does it but never really lands, Vera has some great kicks all around. And Jones does it as well, he uses it more as a jab to keep distance and it gives the opponent something to think about though.

I have never seen a brawler or someone with sloppy stand up who throws these kicks.

It might be effort-less like you said but it's still harder to do than it looks like I assume...

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

yossgold
yossgold

01.23.2013 | 10:17 AM ET

I don't know ... in my opinion the only things that should be banned are the ones that are life threatening and eyes/balls stuff.

This is a sport where you bend limbs and joints, punch, knee and elbow faces you can't start drawing the "which is more dangerous" line without wrecking the sport.

If you really think about it, Rampage's slam on Arona had potential to cause more damage than any oblique kick (due to the fact that he slammed him on the back of his head ... hard. He could have easily ****** up his brain stem). So do we ban slams?

A cracked rib could potentially puncture a lung, so do we ban body kicks?

Nate Diaz got punched in the eyeball by Bendo, potentially could cause him to be blind in that eye, so no more punching to the face?

Those injuries are the risks a fighter takes when he picks MMA as a career.

I think Rampage is just having a hard time accepting the sport moving forward without taking him with it. He's in limbo between the sport evolving and him not wanting to (or not able to) put in the work to evolve with it.

Being a great striker and only that just doesn't cut it anymore, especially as Rampage isn't that great striker anymore, he's a step slower than he was and that makes all the difference.

* Edited at 01.23.2013, 10:22 AM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

RazelThePhoenix
RazelThePhoenix
  • Predictions:  1,019  |  64.6%
  • Forum Posts:  122
  • Post Score: 109

01.23.2013 | 11:13 AM ET

I think the difference there @yossgold is that those injuries are accidental, while Oblique kicks are and have a really high chance of damaging a person really bad, it is a very sneaky move, it shouldn't be banned but refs need to watch for it and i remember a fight in strikeforce where the one guy threw an oblique kick and the other guy fell clinching his knee and got TKO'ed that is te situation we should look for and that should have something done about it.

* Edited at 01.23.2013, 11:13 AM ET *

amp112
amp112
  • Predictions:  37,156  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,588
  • Post Score: 208

01.23.2013 | 12:04 PM ET

I understand the reasoning behind banning oblique kicks. Amagov threw one at Berry which ended the fight. It kind of is a cheap shot. But then we start to head down the same path the NFL does where they child proof the sport. I like grounded elbows, but I also like how Bellator doesn't add them in tournament fights to prevent injuries, because they do cause plenty of cuts
yossgold
yossgold

01.23.2013 | 1:05 PM ET

"Amagov threw one which ended the fight"

Isn't that what most shots are supposed to do? Didn't Rashad Evans throw a punch vs. Liddell and end the fight? Hendricks/Kampmann?

Same thing goes for cuts, if a fighter managed to get his opponent down and cut him with an elbow, he's won the fight. 

If I fought a UFC fighter would I be able to get close enough to cut him with an elbow? No. That means there's also an amount of talent needed to do that. It's part of the game.

As far as I'm concerned it's the same as a KO or a submission. Pat Barry has a KO via leg kicks, so if he was stopped via oblique kick how would that be different? I agree that in some circumstances an oblique kick could blow your knee out. But so can almost every non-choke submission do to it's respective limb or any other strike to wherever is hit. Heck, fighters have been blowing ACL sparring wrestling. Things that stop fights and are potentially injuring are 90% of the sport. It's called fighting, not tickling until they tap from laughing so much. Fighting hurts.

* Edited at 01.23.2013, 1:05 PM ET *

JudoRandori
JudoRandori

01.23.2013 | 1:12 PM ET

Rampage isn't worthy to be fighting in the UFC with his current mindset anyway, good riddance.
JudoRandori
JudoRandori

01.23.2013 | 1:14 PM ET

As long as the twister is allowed in MMA the oblique kick is safe.
amp112
amp112
  • Predictions:  37,156  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,588
  • Post Score: 208

01.23.2013 | 1:21 PM ET

The reason for the controversy is that the oblique kick is illegal in some states, and legal in others. I do believe oblique kicks are much more dangerous than 12 to 6 elbows.
MQuestionable
MQuestionable
  • Predictions:  7,456  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,603
  • Post Score: 284

01.23.2013 | 1:22 PM ET

Let's ban punches and kicks too they hurt :(
JudoRandori
JudoRandori

01.23.2013 | 1:25 PM ET

So complains the fighter that is taking TRT, which can't help a fighter harm his opponent at all. Rampage is so full of it, I am embarrassed to have ever been a fan! Seriously, how do you take steroids (however legal) and then talk smack about someone who beat you despite your legal steroids and say that a potentially harmful move (in fighting, weird, huh?) shows the type of person he is?! Rampage tries to talk like he's just keeping it real, but he is is full of it.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Ryan Clark roasts Aljamain Sterling after Daniel Cormier suggests next BMF title fight
  • Jits Magazine : Gordon Ryan Says He’s ‘Embarrassingly Weak’ In Health Update
  • MMA Mania : Moldavsky Vs. Vassell 2 Headlines PFL Uncasville
  • Jits Magazine : Action-Packed Divisions All Round At ADCC Sydney Open 2024
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: And New Super Lightweight Champion?
  • MMA Mania : Nurmagomedov Injured, Bellator Paris Title Fight Paused
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Inks PFL Extension, Returns At Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Ben Rothwell hopes Mark Hunt signing with BKFC materializes, wants rematch that 'brings eyes'
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Banks Big Money After Placing a $2 Million Bet on Himself to Defeat Devin Haney
  • MMA Junkie : Murad Ramazanov lauds Nurmagomedov training discipline for fast start in PFL debut
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘This is going to make him a way bigger superstar’: Trainer talks Garcia’s big win over Haney
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘This is going to make him a way bigger superstar’: Trainer talks Ryan Garcia’s big win over Devin Haney
  • MMA Mania : ‘This Could Be A Career Death Sentence’
  • MMAFighting.com : DC calls for McGregor vs. Chandler to be 165-pound ‘super lightweight’ title fight
  • MMA Mania : ‘Be Prepared To Bleed, Rainbow!’
  • Bad Left Hook : Pitbull Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr, Santa Cruz vs Mares 3 on Crawford undercard
  • Middle Easy : Jamahal Hill Says He ‘Took No Damage’ Against Alex Pereira, Plans To Take Out ‘Frustrations’ Against Khalil Rountree Jr
  • MMA Junkie : Savannah Marshall's MMA debut opponent revealed as full 2024 PFL Europe 2 lineup announced
  • Middle Easy : Chael Sonnen Shuts Down Chances Of Conor McGregor and Michael Chandler Fighting For Proposed 165-Pound Title
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC owners at Triller acquired by Hong Kong-based finance company in $4 billion merger