Topic: Cormier vs. Mir

Cormier vs. Mir

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,554  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,505
  • Post Score: 60

01.16.2013 | 1:34 PM ET

Prediction: correct Cormier   correct Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for Cormier vs. Mir. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 8

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

04.19.2013 | 12:24 AM ET

Prediction: correct Cormier   correct Decision  

Wait my question is in which of those pictures is Mir fat!?! 

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

ED209
ED209
  • Predictions:  7,297  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  3,437
  • Post Score: 213

04.19.2013 | 1:49 AM ET

Prediction: correct Cormier   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

I might change this one to a brains pick... still not sure yet though, lol

* Edited at 04.19.2013, 1:51 AM ET *

"30-26 Tim Boetsch"

JustynOfOsiris
JustynOfOsiris
  • Predictions:  4,334  |  57.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,239
  • Post Score: 122

04.19.2013 | 1:52 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Mir   wrong Submission   wrong Round 1  

Cormier probably wins but my guy is telling me to go with Mir.

"Is reality really realistic?"

DelRose
DelRose

04.19.2013 | 2:02 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Mir   wrong Decision  

I expect this to be similar to the MIR vs Nelson fight.

"That hole is tighter than a nuns nasty"

MadMikeXD
MadMikeXD

04.19.2013 | 2:11 AM ET

I'm feeling it too.Logic says Mir loses.

Mir defies logic.
Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

04.19.2013 | 7:41 AM ET

@Delrose

what? why on earth would you think this would be close to Mir vs Roy? You think Mir is going to beat Cormier in the clinch and ragg doll him to the ground? You honestly think this? Cormier is an Olympic level wrestler, and most liekly the best pure wrestler in the UFC...........the notion that this will play out like Roy vs Mir seems extremely far fetch to me............of all the fights to think this will end up like, Mir vs Roy is by far the most unlikely.

"here I come to save the day"

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero
  • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,396
  • Post Score: 240

04.19.2013 | 10:34 AM ET

Prediction: correct Cormier   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

My take on the fight possibly looking like Mir vs Nelson...

Mir is a confident guy and even he admitted that taking him Cormier down and keeping him there will be highly unlikely. 

Cormier trains extremely hard, has sick cardio like Cain and struggles to keep weight on. Roy is literally the opposite.

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

MadMikeXD
MadMikeXD

04.19.2013 | 10:46 AM ET

Maybe I don't remember the fight correctly but I remember Mir beating Nelson on the feet, Pinning him against the cage and landing big knees. I don't recall him controlling him on the ground. I could be 100% wrong though.

* Edited at 04.19.2013, 10:47 AM ET *

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero

04.19.2013 | 11:01 AM ET

I don't remember the fight completely but I recall Mir hip tossing Nelson more than once after he engaged the clinch and then landing some seriously vicious elbow when the fight was on the mat. 

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

amp112
amp112
  • Predictions:  37,156  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,588
  • Post Score: 208

04.19.2013 | 11:42 AM ET

Yep^. That's exactly how it went. And Nelson got up pretty quickly after each hip toss. Quite a few knees from Mir too. 
Lopati
Lopati
  • Predictions:  18,574  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13,352
  • Post Score: 179

04.19.2013 | 12:07 PM ET

It makes me laugh when a 2 time UFC HWT champ is regarded as trash when fighting a guy with ONE LEGIT win.

WAR MIR!!!!  Derail the train!!!!

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

04.19.2013 | 12:13 PM ET

Who is the one legit win? I would consider Bigfoot, Barnett and Monson all legit wins... With that being said I could see either guy winning this fight really.

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

mmown
mmown
  • Predictions:  2,384  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  377
  • Post Score: 147

04.19.2013 | 12:28 PM ET

I remember watching Frank Mir's first fight back after his accident. He got a cut and Herb Dean stopped to let the doctor look at it. Frank Mir kept saying "I can't see, I can't see." If you really want to fight and you have the fighting spirit, you never tell the ref you can't see. Even if you can't see, you lie because you want to fight. Since then, I've always thought that Frank Mir is good when he's winning, but if he's losing, he's going to mentally give up.
Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

04.19.2013 | 12:30 PM ET

Yea Mir pretty much bullied Roy in the clinch and tossed him to the ground and landed some GNP. He pretty much bullied Roy the entire fight. There very little chance of Mir doing that to Cormier, Cormier wrestling is way to good.  Mir can win for sure, but the idea he will do it like he beat Roy, is just very far fetched.

"here I come to save the day"

MadMikeXD
MadMikeXD

04.19.2013 | 12:34 PM ET

Lopati has been on a hating spree lately.
Lopati
Lopati

04.19.2013 | 12:49 PM ET

Barnett is his only legit win in my opinion,  Monson while I like the guy he is on the backside of his career.  BigFoot gets a win over an over-confident Overeem, but that does not make beating him a quality win.

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

Lopati
Lopati

04.19.2013 | 12:50 PM ET

It's not hating. I am just not sold on Cormier yet and I have a major concern with the durability of his hands.  They tend to break after he fights which in my opinion limits your ceiling.

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

04.19.2013 | 12:52 PM ET

Well Bigfoot is fighting for the title so to me that makes a win over him pretty legit!

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero

04.19.2013 | 12:57 PM ET

Bit extreme to say Mir is being regarded as trash, Lopati. Mir is 33 and has been fighting in the UFC since he was 21-22. He went through a horrific injury that most wouldn't have returned from and it's safe to say that cut a few years off of his career.

He also has 6 losses, 6 of them being by stoppage due to strikes, not 155 pound quick decisive strikes but heavy trauma inflicting heavyweight strikes. The guy is solid wherever the fight goes but he's more than battle tested. He has caused some of the most devastating damage seen in the sport to go along with him taking some of the most devastating damage from the likes of Carwin and Lesnar.

Everyone is fully aware of how dangerous he is and how he can be overlooked but the guy probably doesn't have a lot of fight left in him if you look at it. Cormier is one year older but career wise he is just starting. And that's without mentioning the obvious stylistic problems that DC's skills pose to Frank.

Lopati
Lopati

04.19.2013 | 1:03 PM ET

Silva is fighting a guy for the title that finished him in DRAMATIC fashion.  Not a fight I have on my calendar to watch.

Page 8

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 Results: Koreshkov vs. Umalatov
  • MMA Mania : Muhammad Goes Off On Edwards And ‘Fakest Team I’ve Ever Seen’
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Garcia has skill set to compete with Devin Haney. Does he have mindset?
  • MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway mocks Ilia Topuria’s demands for potential fight; Topuria responds
  • MMA Junkie : Henry Cejudo: Bo Nickal needs to hold his horses, 'maybe 10 fights away from possibly becoming UFC champion'
  • MMA Mania : Frenemies? ‘I Hate To See A Fighter Lose His Confidence’
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 weigh-in results: Welterweights, featherweights set in Chicago
  • MMA Mania : ‘When I Was Your Age, I Already Had Title Defenses, Buddy’
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia fight card
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Belal Muhammad Claims He ‘Hates Leon Edwards’ Guts,’ Hopes To Dethrone The Welterweight King In Manchester
  • Middle Easy : Jorge Masvidal Says He’s ‘Definitely’ Returning To UFC, Wants Logan Paul Or Floyd Mayweather Jr In Boxing After Nate Diaz
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Suggests Herb Dean Played a Part in Jamahal Hill’s UFC 300 Loss, ‘Big’ John McCarthy Responds
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway responds to the 'un-BMF' demands from UFC champ Ilia Topuria
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Eddie Hearn says things about to get real for Ryan Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Hearn says things about to get real for Garcia
  • MMA Mania : PFL Chicago Weigh Ins Results, Staredowns!
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Relive every win of Conor McGregor’s epic UFC career
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Strickland vs. Paulo Costa: Odds and what to know ahead of UFC 302 co-headliner
  • MMA Mania : No Foul Play! ‘The Cutman Used A Boxing Technique’
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 weigh-in video