Topic: Cormier vs. Mir

Cormier vs. Mir

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,554  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,505
  • Post Score: 60

01.16.2013 | 1:34 PM ET

Prediction: correct Cormier   correct Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for Cormier vs. Mir. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 5

AllHailKrull
AllHailKrull
  • Predictions:  1,522  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,672
  • Post Score: 180

02.13.2013 | 4:26 AM ET

Prediction: correct Cormier   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

" legit KOd Bigfoot, I admit it was nasty. He couldn't finish Barnett or Jeff Monson and it took him forever to finish Dion freakin' Staring. This is a huge step up for him, if he KOs Mir then mad respect and I was wrong. I know we all miss Fedor but DC is not the next Fedor."

Mir isn't a step up from Barnett or Bigfoot by any stretch of the imagination. he's actually a step down.

* Edited at 02.13.2013, 4:27 AM ET *

"People say ‘oh, so you should retire.’ Yeah, you want me to retire so you won’t get knocked out. - Vitor Belfort"

JM Barrie
JM Barrie
  • Predictions:  7,835  |  54.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,617
  • Post Score: -69

02.13.2013 | 5:44 AM ET

Prediction: correct Cormier   correct Decision  

Fun Fact:

All 6 of Mir's losses are via TKO/KO

"1. Avoidant personality disorder _______________2. Maladaptive daydreaming"

gunn4206
gunn4206
  • Predictions:  38,825  |  65.7%
  • Forum Posts:  7,834
  • Post Score: 249

02.13.2013 | 5:46 AM ET

Prediction: correct Cormier   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

Fun Fact : No one Cares about jm the troll's facts

"RIP Bill Burgess , RIP CthuluJones"

MadMikeXD
MadMikeXD

02.13.2013 | 5:57 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Mir   wrong Submission   wrong Round 1  

If you notice all of JM's facts can be found on the Wiki page of whoever the fact is about.
cal1
cal1
  • Predictions:  22,053  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,001
  • Post Score: 251

02.13.2013 | 8:20 AM ET

@allhailkrull Mir has been ranked above Barnett for the past decade, and just recently got surpassed by Bigfoot. GTFO of here with that step down ********. For the past 5 years Mir has been fighting and beating MMA legends while Josh Barnett pro wrestles in Japan and Bigfoot was knocking out washed up heavyweights in Elite XC. It's cool though, I see you only cherry pick large events so your knowledge is limited.

* Edited at 02.13.2013, 8:32 AM ET *

"UFC 151 NEVER FORGET"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,254  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,483
  • Post Score: 203

02.13.2013 | 8:24 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Mir   wrong Submission   wrong Round 1  

Calling Mir a step down is just laughable. 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  20,804  |  71.5%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

02.13.2013 | 8:30 AM ET

@Cal1

Well Mir isn't a step down but Barnett and Monson both have better chins than Mir. That's why Cormier couldn't finish, he won't have a problem with Mir's chin though...

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

cal1
cal1

02.13.2013 | 8:34 AM ET

Ok, 2 people agree with me that Mir is not a step down and that was the only point I was making. I didn't say a damn thing about his chin. He probably will get knocked out. It pissed me off @allhailkrull pointed out my post like I was wrong yet everyone is agreeing with me. And I get downed for it, makes sense. Bunch of ****tard nuthuggers

"UFC 151 NEVER FORGET"

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

02.13.2013 | 9:34 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Mir   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

I agree ... no way on earth Mir is a step down from Barnett ... 

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

02.13.2013 | 5:19 PM ET

I think Barnett is better then Frank. I think he was a much bigger threat to DC and is just better then Mir. he has a better chin, he bigger, stronger, he a way better wrestler then Mir and I think he also a better more dangerous striker. I am very confident that Barnett would defeat Mir if they ever fought.

"here I come to save the day"

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

02.13.2013 | 5:26 PM ET

Though I think Mir would beat bigfoot.

"here I come to save the day"

AllHailKrull
AllHailKrull

02.13.2013 | 10:31 PM ET

"@allhailkrull Mir has been ranked above Barnett for the past decade, and just recently got surpassed by Bigfoot. GTFO of here with that step down ********. For the past 5 years Mir has been fighting and beating MMA legends while Josh Barnett pro wrestles in Japan and Bigfoot was knocking out washed up heavyweights in Elite XC. It's cool though, I see you only cherry pick large events so your knowledge is limited."

You're being Condescending on the internet, how cute.

Lol at using rankings. both Barnett and Bigfoot are better then Mir skill wise which is what we are talking about here. 

Frank Mir can't strike to save his life, terrible wrestling,slow,predictable, no heart and a glass chin.

Big foot falls into two of those category's but he still isn't as bad at them as Mir is.

Franki Mir loses to the Travis Brownes,Struves and Stipe's off the division, though we will most likely never see that since Cormier will probably retire his mediocre ass.

And the only time Mir would have been ranked above Barnett was when he beat Sylvia and Nog. majority of the decade Mir was barely in the top 10 if at all. so please shut the **** up because you clearly don't know what you are talking about.

* Edited at 02.13.2013, 10:44 PM ET *

"People say ‘oh, so you should retire.’ Yeah, you want me to retire so you won’t get knocked out. - Vitor Belfort"

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

02.13.2013 | 10:47 PM ET

"Lol at using rankings. both Barnett and Bigfoot are better then Mir skill wise which is what we are talking about here."

---uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, no.

"You're being Condescending on the internet, how cute."

----all your posts are condescending 

"Frank Mir can't strike to save his life, terrible wrestling,slow,predictable, no heart and a glass chin."

----Nog, Cro Cop, Kongo, Nelson disagree with you

Franki Mir loses to the Travis Brownes,Struves and Stipe's off the division, though we will most likely never see that since Cormier will probably retire his mediocre ass.

-trololololol

And the only time Mir would have been ranked above Barnett was when he beat Sylvia and Nog. majority of the decade Mir was barely in the top 10 if at all. so please shut the **** up

----- you are a dolt.

* Edited at 02.13.2013, 11:06 PM ET *

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

AllHailKrull
AllHailKrull

02.13.2013 | 11:22 PM ET

---uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, no.

Yep

"You're being Condescending on the internet, how cute."

----all your posts re condescending

yep

----Nog, Cro Cop, Kongo, Nelson disagree with you

He outstrikes a sickly Nog then get's his ass handed to him by a healthy Nog 

Roy Nelson. a slow walking puncing bag, who up until now, just found out that there is more to striking besides putting your head down like a kid in a schoolyard fight and constantly winging overhand rights. he also just found out that you can use your left arm too. but no, you are correct, it's quite an accomplishment

Did nothing in the Cro Cop unti he landed one knee that Cro Cop ducked into and somehow this is indicative of how good his striking is? don't make me laugh.

Kongo fight is where all the Frank Mir striking hype started. he lands one good punch that he's been unable to replicate and all of a sudden he has good striking. what a joke

-trololololol

ignorance is bliss

----- you are a dolt.

Couldn't find any evidence to dispute that claim so you resort to insults. what a pathetic ****.

* Edited at 02.13.2013, 11:26 PM ET *

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz

02.14.2013 | 2:11 AM ET

I dont argue with idiots. Check my posts, kiddo. 

you resort to insults. what a pathetic ****.

* Edited at 02.14.2013, 2:15 AM ET *

cal1
cal1

02.14.2013 | 10:11 PM ET

I just came back to check this post. Thanks, @Brazilian Jitz for exposing Krulls lack of knowledge.

"UFC 151 NEVER FORGET"

AllHailKrull
AllHailKrull

02.14.2013 | 10:33 PM ET

Lol you have Mir beating Cormier. that's not even a lack of knowledge, that's downright mental ******ation.

* Edited at 02.14.2013, 10:36 PM ET *

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz

02.14.2013 | 10:50 PM ET

Lol, mental ******ation, Allhail****?

Nice pick bro.

AllHailKrull
AllHailKrull

02.14.2013 | 11:10 PM ET

Why do you guys keep saying AllHail****? fellas, this is a forum to discuss MMA, not for you and your boyfriend cal to proclaim your fondness for male genitalia so back on topic gays...err i mean guys.

so anyways OT, that pick was nothing but me supporting my favorite fighter, in my world that involves getting behind them no matter what. now in your world that probably means getting behind them in another way.

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz

02.14.2013 | 11:12 PM ET

So, genius, maybe cal is supporting Mir. 

Page 5

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Sean Strickland vs. Paulo Costa: Odds and what to know ahead of UFC 302 co-headliner
  • MMA Mania : No Foul Play! ‘The Cutman Used A Boxing Technique’
  • MMA Junkie : PFL Chicago fight week vlog 3: Fighters explore the city ahead of fight night
  • MMAFighting.com : Kamaru Usman questions how much Max Holloway’s eye pokes altered outcome of Justin Gaethje fight
  • MMA Junkie : PFL Week 3 predictions: Who are our unanimous picks at welterweight, featherweight in Chicago?
  • MMA Mania : DAZN Leaks Elle Brooke Vs Paige VanZant Boxing Match
  • MMA Junkie : Bo Nickal's response to Khamzat Chimaev's criticism of his UFC 300 win wasn't the best
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 adds several fights to Islam Makhachev vs. Dustin Poirier card
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’m going in there to f— this man up’: Ryan Garcia’s final thoughts on Haney
  • Bad Left Hook : Bill Haney gifts Ryan Garcia ‘Psychology for Dummies’ book
  • MMA Junkie : Brennan Ward nostalgic for Bellator, but ready to wreak havoc in $1 million PFL season
  • MMA Mania : Latest UFC 303 Fight Card, PPV lineup
  • MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway mocks Ilia Topuria’s demands for potential fight: ‘That’s not a tone of a BMF’
  • Middle Easy : Video – Drunk ‘Karen’ Tries to Pick a Fight with UFC Flyweight Star Maycee Barber
  • Middle Easy : UFC’s Bo Nickal Claps Back At Khamzat Chimaev, Vows To ‘Rag Doll’ Undefeated Star In Future Fight
  • Middle Easy : Jiri Prochazka Declines Jamahal Hill’s Challenge: ‘I’d Like to Fight for the Title’
  • Middle Easy : Jiri Prochazka Declines Jamahal Hill’s Challenge : ‘I’d Like to Fight for the Title’
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping explains why Sean Strickland has 'significant advantage' vs. Paulo Costa at UFC 302
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia press conference video
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia press conference video live now