Topic: Off Topic

Tapology Talks: Videogames

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

AllHailKrull
AllHailKrull
  • Predictions:  1,522  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,672
  • Post Score: 180

01.04.2013 | 6:41 AM ET

Haven't seen a thread on this so i thought I'd make one.

So what's Tapology playing?

I've been dabbling in a bunch of games but i keep going back to Uncharted 3,Black Ops 2 and BF 3 multiplayer.

* Edited at 01.04.2013, 6:42 AM ET *

"People say ‘oh, so you should retire.’ Yeah, you want me to retire so you won’t get knocked out. - Vitor Belfort"

Page 99

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,050  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,481
  • Post Score: 203

10.27.2015 | 9:25 PM ET

The only two games I plan on getting over the next two (or so) months are CoD and Fallout 4. I want a lot of the ones coming out soon/have come out recently, but I'll wait a while till they're on sale.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

10.28.2015 | 12:25 AM ET

I have joined the PC Master Race. Gaming just took on a whole new level.

If Star Citizen lives up to the hype it will be the most important game of all-time, and then I'll expect the lot of you to chuck your paperweights out of a window. Console exclusives won't mean ****.

By the way, if anyone's curious about the performance I get on my computer, I play Star Wars Battlefront at full settings (that includes anti-aliasing and field of view), 1080p, with 65FPS.

One of my biggest mistakes ever was buying that PS4 last December when I could've been gaming on a PC for the same price; I implore my fellow Tapology brethren to do the same.

* Edited at 10.28.2015, 12:27 AM ET *

"الله أكبرl"

GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,796  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325

10.30.2015 | 10:28 PM ET

I need a PS2 again so I can play this...

"..."

Griffy
Griffy
  • Predictions:  38,656  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2,503
  • Post Score: 297

10.31.2015 | 12:32 AM ET

How does Anik's post have two downvotes? I only play consoles, but know that PC's are better. Congrats on going to the master race Anik; when I have the funds and time to build I would like to get a gaming pc too.

"I think Gayffy suits you better, because you are gay." - Nomad

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

10.31.2015 | 12:36 AM ET

I plan on getting an expensive PC sometime in the future. I don't know when, I don't know if I'll "build" a custom one, but I will be getting one sometime in the future. I'm content with my PS4 for now, but i've wanted to put some money into a legit gaming PC for years now, will probably do it within the next year or so.

Anik
Anik

11.01.2015 | 3:49 PM ET

You can get a super expensive gaming PC if you want, but for 500$ you can build a computer that'll beat the performance of a PS4 (which obviously means destroying the XBone). An AMD R7 260x is the PC GPU equivalent to the modified AMD Radeon card featured in the PS4, and that card costs like 150$. 8 gigs of RAM and a quad-core 3.0 GHz (minimum) processor and voila, you got yourself a better version of a PS4 that can actually play PS2 games (PCSX2 is one of the best emulators out there, currently playing Metal Gear Solid 3 on it).

The new-gen consoles are actually garbage. I was appalled when I tried Battlefront on the PS4, the video game industry is a scam. You won't regret building your own computer, trust me.

EDIT: My computer isn't really a dedicated gaming PC, it's more a workstation that has gaming capabilities. But for about 1200, I got a 3.5GHz Octa-core processor, 16 gigs of RAM and an R9 280x, which is pretty rad.

* Edited at 11.01.2015, 3:52 PM ET *

"الله أكبرl"

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

11.05.2015 | 12:07 AM ET

http://www.dorkly.com/post/67969/the-30-best-dialogue-moments-from-fallout-3-new-vegas

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

11.06.2015 | 9:26 AM ET

What good timing. My PS4 has essentially bricked. The day BO3 is out and a few days before Fallout 4 comes out. **** sakes. Talked to 3 PS support people. All pretty useless. I have one more idea to try before completely giving up on it, but chances are, the system's done. I'll be so angry. 

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

11.06.2015 | 9:42 AM ET

Fixed it. Who needs Sony Support. It deleted a lot of my data, but atleast I've yet to start playing the only two games I'll be playing for a few months. So that's good. 

gunn4206
gunn4206
  • Predictions:  38,283  |  65.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,834
  • Post Score: 249

11.09.2015 | 4:03 AM ET

i hope today goes by super fast . can't wait for Fallout 4 at midnight, got it pre loaded now . even put up the sick theme that came with it  .

it may be the only game i play for the next few weeks !!

"RIP Bill Burgess , RIP CthuluJones"

Griffy
Griffy
  • Predictions:  38,656  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2,503
  • Post Score: 297

11.10.2015 | 1:30 PM ET

Have you slept at all Gunn?

"I think Gayffy suits you better, because you are gay." - Nomad

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

11.10.2015 | 3:13 PM ET

FINALLY PICKED IT UP!! LET'S GO!!!

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner
  • Predictions:  9,964  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,398
  • Post Score: 283

11.10.2015 | 4:13 PM ET

Anybody have a recommendation for a PS4 internal Hard Drive?

500 GB didnt last very long and I hate deleting old game files.

(Links would be appreciated) 

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

GreenHornet
GreenHornet

11.11.2015 | 12:48 AM ET

What about an external hard drive?

"..."

curtwag84
curtwag84
  • Predictions:  13,940  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,695
  • Post Score: 273

11.11.2015 | 11:43 AM ET

Anyone else get a Steam Controller? This thing is awesome for non hardcore PC gamers that dont want to hunch over their Keyboard. I was able to pretty easily play Mount and Blade - Napoleonic Wars and Torchlight 2 on it. Games that were almost impossible to play with a controller before. On Torchlight I was able to setup one button to press Shift+F11 for a quick save function, there is also a turbo option, and you can use the thing like a Wii controller.

"I'd like to take this chance, to appologize. To absolutely nobody. -Connor McGreGOAT"

Anik
Anik

11.11.2015 | 10:41 PM ET

Those things look weird, I just settled for the PS4 controller, which I ******* love.

"الله أكبرl"

GreenHornet
GreenHornet

11.12.2015 | 12:10 AM ET

I played Fallout 4 on PC last night and had fun every ******* second I played it.  Found it a little bit awkward that the power armor is now a separate armor system that needs to be powered with batteries.  Still, I can't wait to play more of this game.

"..."

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner

11.12.2015 | 5:00 PM ET

I found a great invisibility cheat for Fallout 4.

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

11.13.2015 | 2:15 PM ET

I'm play fallout right now I've only went around the edges of the map  down to the dead sea ( worst place ever) it's definitely a quality game i used to dream of playing games like this as a 7, 8 year old playing ps1. ... now we're finally here!!! Crazy just think back to games in 90s - 00s,  we lucky we got to expeexperience those aswell unlike many kids today! Total war shogun on pc is probably my favorite or medieval total or even empire tw. .. If u haven't played v the total games and u like battles, go download right now... 

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner

11.18.2015 | 11:52 AM ET

RANT INCOMING:

I have never felt more ripped off and underwhelmed by a video game release so badly then what just happened. The most realistic graphics and an epic score that is reminiscent of the source material. I of course am referring to Star Wars Battlefront. I expected something on epic proportion like Battlefront 2 was, THE BLUE PRINT WAS RIGHT THERE! And guess what, if you played the beta, then you literally played the ENTIRE GAME. The maps are TINY in comparison to previous games (WHICH WERE 2 GENERATIONS BEHIND) And in the end they are just generic arenas.

And compared to the previous games, there are not many characters in one setting at a given time. Like in Battlefront 2, you got like 40 + characters in the arena at any given time. Now you only get like 20 all together, not on one team, all together.

The battles are bland and slow paced, and unless you have online, you could have more fun.

You can choose between a blaster, or a different looking blaster, some sort of explosive, and a jetpack if you are good enough. No classes like the previous games. 

Ohh if you like story modes like in BF2 and BF, then you will hate the fact there is NONE. The Training missions had some cutscenes that were great at setting the scene, but when you get to Battles or Survival, there is nothing of substance. Which leaves the fact there is no reasoning or tension behind the game. For gods sake, the training missions were more exciting then the "missions" they have you do, because via 30 second cut scenes they set up the stage and make it more immersive.

There are "Hero" options to the game, and you get your choice of: Luke, Leia, Han, Vader, The Emperor, and Boba Fett. THAT IS IT. And they are not area selective either, you can pick them anywhere which leaves it to be not making much sense.  I hate to mention the old games again (But I will because they got it right) Every map, and location, had a specific hero or villain related to that map. Even the maps from the prequels were interesting. Another thing that the previous games got right was they didn't make them immortal (due to health pickups) The thing with BF2 was you are on a timer and have similar powers, and more enemies, which gives you an opportunity to mess **** up for the enemy for a short period of time, giving the player a sense of urgency. And it was a power up, not a whole round thing. 

I understand the focus on multiplayer, I really do, but even Call of Duty (CALL OF ******* DUTY) gets it better, and THEY EVEN HAVE A STORY MODE!  

If you played the beta, then that is exactly what you get, the game feels more like a poor COD clone with Star Wars skins.

Voice acting was **** for familiar characters and repetitive and not at all like the characters of the movies. For example, I never heard Han Solo, give any more of a **** for "The Princess" then this game. Every 4 seconds or every kill "FOR THE PRINCESS" or "We have to help the Princess". Come on man. That is some ******** on the the source material.

On the plus side if there is any, is the fact it looks good, the score is there from the original trilogy, and the sound effects seemed fitting. But other than that, it is all terrible and more importantly BORING. A Star Wars game, boring. uhhhhh. $70 is a worse way to spend it. They should have packaged it as a Counter Strike clone and sold it for $25 because all it is, is just online fighting. Ohh and guess what, there is DLC, $50 ******* DOLLAR DLC! So in the end you can pay for a $120 game that is not really fun. Thanks EA for destroying something you literally had the blueprint to make good and you ruined it. **** you EA, eat a bag of *****. You might have had my money for 2 days, but not anymore.

This game is the perfect example of a beautiful looking piece of garbage. And do not recommend it at all, even to the biggest Star Wars fans you will get really bored really quickly.

Page 99

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! ‘Regretful’ Biter Breaks Silence
  • MMA Mania : An Elite Contender With Only One Combo
  • MMA Mania : ‘Come Over Here Real Quick, Win A Belt, Maybe Win Another Belt’
  • Middle Easy : Conor McGregor Plans To Continue Fighting Until He’s ‘In The F*cking Grave,’ Wants To Face Similar-Aged Opponents
  • Middle Easy : Khalil Rountree Jr Claims Fans Want To See Him Fight Alex Pereira, Doesn’t Care If Pereira Is Champion
  • MMAFighting.com : Vince McMahon unloads another $100 million of TKO Group Holdings stock
  • MMA Junkie : 'That's not who I am': Igor Severino apologizes for bite, hopes one mistake doesn't define career
  • MMA Mania : ‘A Big Spit In The Face Of All The Champions’
  • MMAFighting.com : Payton Talbott rejects Sean O’Malley comparisons after UFC Vegas 89: ‘I don’t want to be compared’
  • UFC.com : Joaquin Buckley: ‘This Is The Reason I’m Here’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’d love that fight’: Tszyu willing to face Spence next, talks fight with Fundora
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’d love that fight’: Tim Tszyu willing to face Errol Spence next, talks fight with Sebastian Fundora
  • MMA Junkie : 'Super happy' PFL season newcomer Mads Burnell explains excitement for fight schedule, new weight class
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor scoffs at retirement: ‘It’s to the motherf****** grave’
  • MMA Mania : Whittaker: Chimaev Fight ‘Came Out Of Nowhere’
  • MMA Junkie : Why 2022 PFL welterweight champ Sadibou Sy moved to light heavyweight for upcoming season
  • MMAFighting.com : Robert Whittaker reacts to Khamzat Chimaev fight at UFC Saudi Arabia: ‘It’s a bit of a shock’
  • MMA Mania : GSP ‘Would Have Put Khabib Down’
  • MMAFighting.com : Logan Paul reveals he had ‘suicidal thoughts’ amid CryptoZoo scandal fallout: ‘I was spiraling’
  • UFC.com : The State Of UFC During UFC 100 And 200