Topic: Off Topic

Tapology Talks: Videogames

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

AllHailKrull
AllHailKrull
  • Predictions:  1,522  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,672
  • Post Score: 180

01.04.2013 | 6:41 AM ET

Haven't seen a thread on this so i thought I'd make one.

So what's Tapology playing?

I've been dabbling in a bunch of games but i keep going back to Uncharted 3,Black Ops 2 and BF 3 multiplayer.

* Edited at 01.04.2013, 6:42 AM ET *

"People say ‘oh, so you should retire.’ Yeah, you want me to retire so you won’t get knocked out. - Vitor Belfort"

Page 106

TWJake
TWJake
  • Predictions:  6,091  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2,492
  • Post Score: 338

03.31.2020 | 12:59 PM ET

Met my expectations and then some, and thats coming from someone who has 500+ hours in Warband

"I know many a troops that I visit when I went to Iraq in 2005... 2-uh excuse me in 19-or.. 05' 06' 07' 08' 09' 2010 2011. I went from the Korwaiten border! All the way up to the Turkish border!" -Tito Ortiz

GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

05.12.2020 | 7:36 PM ET

* Edited at 05.12.2020, 7:37 PM ET *

"..."

GreenHornet
GreenHornet

05.12.2020 | 7:38 PM ET

Don't care that THPS 1+2 is Epic exclusive. I'm just going skip the PC version until it comes on Steam and in the meantime buy it for PS4 because I want to play a real Tony Hawk game and I miss video games that are fun.

"..."

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

05.12.2020 | 7:50 PM ET

Slim pickings these days Green. They've even ruined fallout.

Dunno what I'll do if the next Elder Scrolls game sucks.
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 4 days, 1 hour, and 44 minutes from now.
Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,263  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,257
  • Post Score: 136

05.12.2020 | 8:59 PM ET

Playing Spiderman 2 for ps2..well its work really making sure it works.
Graphics are so bad customer said it wasnt working hahahah.
Turns out this is what it was "supposed" to look like ouch.

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

GreenHornet
GreenHornet

05.12.2020 | 9:06 PM ET

@Fishrat

Buy middle market.  You will not be disappointed.

"..."

TWJake
TWJake
  • Predictions:  6,091  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2,492
  • Post Score: 338

05.14.2020 | 6:56 PM ET

My usual cycle for the past week or 2 has been UFC 3, Civ 5, and Cod MW

"I know many a troops that I visit when I went to Iraq in 2005... 2-uh excuse me in 19-or.. 05' 06' 07' 08' 09' 2010 2011. I went from the Korwaiten border! All the way up to the Turkish border!" -Tito Ortiz

karuto
karuto

03.30.2021 | 3:01 AM ET

Minecraft, dota and mining games
This user is suspended from posting until 7 years, 4 months, 2 weeks, 1 day, 10 hours, and 12 minutes from now.
karuto
karuto

04.02.2021 | 2:19 AM ET

Lately I got strong interest in mining games where I can have some chances to win free bitcoin Its good way for beginners to earn some btc. Plus the game is interesting and simple for playing. 
This user is suspended from posting until 7 years, 4 months, 2 weeks, 1 day, 10 hours, and 12 minutes from now.
Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords

04.02.2021 | 7:49 PM ET

Wait what you can win fake virtual money in a game, not like koopa coins?
Thats cool I guess winning silver gold or even coal would make more sense.

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,304  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,311
  • Post Score: 285

06.25.2021 | 8:26 PM ET

@avensis

BTW is the PS5 really worth the money? I've got a PS4 that I'm still very happy with but the ads and reviews for the PS5 look great but it's a bit out of my price range at the moment. I was just wondering if it is something that's really worth saving up for or if I should just wait a year or so and get a 2nd hand one?

EDIT: I know there are some 2nd hand ones available now but most of the prices are still a bit too much for my liking.

* Edited at 06.25.2021, 8:27 PM ET *

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

NickySwaz
NickySwaz
  • Predictions:  2,790  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  941
  • Post Score: 298

07.09.2021 | 8:27 PM ET

@steve i would wait dude

"“What happened to you, USA? Wake up, USA! Go! Go back for you, go! Go for Jesus. No forgay Jesus people." -Yoel Romero"

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,304  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,311
  • Post Score: 285

07.09.2021 | 8:35 PM ET

@NickySwaz

Thanks for the advice! Like I said, I'm still happy with my PS4 so I don't really need to bother forking out hundreds just for an updated version and would only have done that if it really was miles better than the PS4.

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords

07.10.2021 | 1:58 PM ET

Nah man what you need is a NES then you can play Metroid..or you can always emulate it I guess.
Either way should cost under a bill and give hours of repeatable entertainment.

NickySwaz
NickySwaz
  • Predictions:  2,790  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  941
  • Post Score: 298

07.10.2021 | 3:31 PM ET

Yea no need right now I’m very content with my pc and my ps4. My buddy has a 5 and i havnt been wowed by it , i use my ps4 for like everything too and it still runs just fine 

"“What happened to you, USA? Wake up, USA! Go! Go back for you, go! Go for Jesus. No forgay Jesus people." -Yoel Romero"

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,727  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,779
  • Post Score: 273

07.10.2021 | 3:39 PM ET

The best thing honestly is to build or buy Alienware, I've had this PC since 2016 and I can play Red Dead Redemption 2 on medium graphics. No lag, nothing. Mordhau on ultra, 64 players. 

* Edited at 07.10.2021, 3:43 PM ET *

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,326  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,484

07.10.2021 | 7:24 PM ET

Currently have the PS5, the XSX, a Nintendo Switch and a suuuuuuper mid-tier PC. 

It struggles with anything even kind of resembling a AAA game. But it runs games like Mordhau and Chiv 2 pretty OK. I don't max-out everything, just to help of performance, but the things I don't max out are stuff like shadows and cloth physics - stuff that isn't crazy important but definitely hits the performance a ton if not on a Grade A system.

Bought the PC to play titles like Mordhau, Counterstrike, WoW, etc, that can't be played on console. And it hasn't disappointed on that front. Been playing a ton of Civ 6 lately on it as well. 

I have done the whole PC building thing, and have had too many bad experiences with faulty parts and whatnot. Even when bought from reliable sites and vendors. I got unlucky, I guess. So the build I'm on now is an admittedly pretty terrible Dell pre-built. The system itself can reliably run a lot of games on ultra without a hitch, but the more AAA titles I have to go on medium usually. And at that rate the performance isn't good anyway, so I can play those games on console. 

When this PC decides to give out on me, I will shell out some money on a high-end PC after I do some research. But for now, it'll do. Even though the fans/cooling in it are just terrible and it gets pretty warm very quickly. But I'm looking into fixes for that now that'll hopefully add some life to this thing.

* Edited at 07.10.2021, 7:25 PM ET *

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Sabbath
Sabbath
  • Predictions:  1,868  |  63.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,437
  • Post Score: 239

12.07.2021 | 8:06 AM ET

UFC 4 is the worst ******* game ever made

I have clocked in a total of 243 hours into UFC 4. It is my third most played game. I haven’t been more depressed by a statistic since I found out more than 50% of Americans believe ghosts exists.

Look, I get it, I get why these games will never, EVER get any better. It’s a brilliant, albeit evil strategy by EA: purchase every significant sport license, basically own an entire genre of video games, and the money makes itself. “Who the **** needs to put effort into video games anymore? They have nothing else to quench their Madden addictions! We’ll just make the same game every year but with more bugs and microtransactions!” The Cheeto finger licking ****** EA executive says, cackling maniacally circling his pinky fingers around his fat pubic hair ridden nipples. 

Honestly, I almost respect the idea. It’s a con man’s wet dream, ******’ Jimmy McGill would kill to work at EA. I’m content with the fact these games will never get better, because EA has no reason to try to be better when everyone is as eager to suck their teet for some succulent loot box juices like the most malnourished veal in the flock, especially since Dana, being the jew he is, re-signed a deal with EA to make games for five more years, because sports executives don’t give a **** about a game’s quality, only that it sells. I am perfectly content with that reality.

BUT GOD ******* DAMN IT IT MAKES ME SO MAD

The fact they are still using this dog****, backwoods game engine since the first title is the most blatant sign they have stopped giving a ****. The engine is straight up not finished, the physics are bizarre and have no ******* consistency whatsoever. Sometimes, kicks will land foot first but phase through the opponent like I’m Bruce ******* Willis seeing dead people, but sometimes it will land just because. Sometimes I defend takedowns perfectly, other times it says “Nah, **** you. I don’t care if you’re finger******* the shoulder buttons with the aggression of a pent up steroid ridden Mongolian who has been locked in a basement for thirty years watching nothing but every single Rambo movie and Conan The Barbarian, you’re getting taken to the ground.” 

And oh my god, what is with the ******* knockdowns in this game?!?! I have to knock my opponent down, at the very least, FOUR TIMES IN SUCCESSION, before he finally goes to sleep on the fifth spinning heel kick. I’m not a pro fighter or anything, but I wanna take a quick guess that if you’re getting knocked down more than three times in an actual fight, the fight is over. It’s like Mario Yamasaki is reffing every single match and letting my opponent be a warrior. 

By the ways, you guys wanna know how to win EVERY SINGLE MATCH against the A.I in the game? Here’s how you do it:

1. Choose wrestler 
2. Takedown opponent (preferably in the clinch because shoots absolutely suck **** in this game)
3. Get into side control
4. Go into side saddle or crucifix
5. If the opponent pushes back into side control, simply go into side saddle or crucifix again, it takes too much stamina for the A.I to fight back
6. Elbow opponent repeatedly until their face looks like a puckered *******

Congrats, you won the game! Your reward is a toaster, you now have the pleasure of holding it, running to the nearest public pool and cannonballing straight into the water. Hey, at the very least, it was way more fun than playing UFC 4.

* Edited at 12.07.2021, 8:09 AM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 2 months, 2 weeks, 2 days, 18 hours, and 36 minutes from now.
WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

12.07.2021 | 11:26 AM ET

Guys get Shogun 2 Total War and meet me on the field of battle to destroy the enemy and protect my wife's honour

* Edited at 12.07.2021, 1:26 PM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

12.07.2021 | 11:29 AM ET

I prefer UFC 2 on PS4, I've had several thousand online fights, my ranked record is 70 - 12 but 3 min rounds suck in ranked or is it 2 mins I forget

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

Page 106

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereira’s Wrestling To Ben Askren’s Striking: ‘Such A Deficiency’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows That’
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau done with Manel Kape bookings, focused on title shot after UFC on ESPN 55 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight card: Perry vs. Alves
  • Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann claims he hasn't watched tape on Bogdan Guskov ahead of UFC on ESPN 55 co-main bout
  • MMA Mania : Keep $300K Bonuses! ‘It Can’t Go Back’
  • MMAFighting.com : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev announced for UFC St. Louis co-headliner
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ‘It’s Weird To See’
  • MMAFighting.com : Cain Velasquez attempted murder trial set to begin in September
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo confirms UFC 301 final fight on contract, hints at boxing match at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Run it back, give fans a fair fight’: Devin Haney on Ryan Garcia loss
  • UFC.com : Alexandre Pantoja | TUF Beginnings
  • MMA Junkie : Former UFC champion Cain Velasquez gets trial date in attempted murder case
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Love Dana White. There’s No Issues’
  • MMAFighting.com : TKO CEO Ari Emanuel earned nearly $65 million in compensation in 2023, including $20 million bonus from UFC
  • Middle Easy : Marlon Vera Calls Out Ex-UFC Champion for Bantamweight Title Eliminator at MSG in November
  • MMA Junkie : Alex Perez not surprised Steve Erceg got UFC title shot, despite Muhammad Mokaev's 'tougher resume'
  • Jits Magazine : PGF World Season 6: Best Of Day 2