Topic: Off Topic

favorite movie?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero
  • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,396
  • Post Score: 240

05.05.2011 | 7:46 PM ET

i realise this is mma based but im very much into my movies and curious about everyones favorite! so would love to hear peoples opinions :)

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

Responses Page 2

zerohours
zerohours
  • Predictions:  499  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  180
  • Post Score: 41

05.05.2011 | 9:08 PM ET

Being a film student my list is insanely long, but I'll try and keep it short...(no order) True Romance, Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill Vol1.&2,Devils Rejects, Bloodsport, Night of the Living Dead, The Goodfellas, Dawn of the Dead, Evil Dead I, II and Army of Darkness, From Dusk Till Dawn, Machette FUBAR I and II, Four Rooms, Hardcore Logo, Dead Alive, Return of the Living Dead, Snatch, Lock Stock and Two Smokin Barrells, I'll stop before this becomes a novel but pretty much anything by Tarantino, Rodriguez (even his kids movies are awsome) Romero, Scorsese, Ritchie, Zombie

"Even though my spanish is rusty, yo my English is Olde, 40 down, grab yourself an ice cold Colt 45 feelin alive drunk as **** in the daylight ready to die"

BodyModifier
BodyModifier
  • Predictions:  21  |  61.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,608
  • Post Score: 152

05.05.2011 | 9:08 PM ET

I've always loved Batman since I was a kid. I wasn't impressed with the Batman in The Dark Knight. Heath Ledger was the one that made that movie imo. I'm curious who they're going to replace him in the next movie or what they have in mind.

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero

05.05.2011 | 9:12 PM ET

@skelliher spider-man 3 was quite terrible i must say.....one movie im curious as to why you left it out is The Crow,i thought it was pretty awesome but then again it could have been completely different from the comic book i dont know

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

05.05.2011 | 9:13 PM ET

@Body: The third Nolan Batman movie is going to be called The Dark Knight Rises. It's going to involve Tom Hardy (Inception) playing Bane, and Selina Kyle (Catwoman) plays a role.

Also, if you like DiCaprio you should check out Inception if you haven't already. He gives an awesome performance in that one.

@Zero: Good list. I admire his skill as a director, but overall Tarantino is just not my cup of tea. If I don't have any desire to see a movie for a second time, it doesn't go near my all-time list. I also don't like Robert Rodriguez at all.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

skelliher
skelliher

05.05.2011 | 9:13 PM ET

@jaffa: The Crow is awesome. I left it out because I wasn't thinking of him as a superhero...for whatever reason.

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero

05.05.2011 | 9:15 PM ET

@bodymodifier Tom Hardy as Bane,Anne Hathaway as Catwoman and Joseph Gordon-Levitt as.....who knows? ha im pretty sure thats what you were asking anyway..! ha

skelliher
skelliher

05.05.2011 | 9:16 PM ET

@jaffa: Make your own top ten list (if it extends that far) of superhero movies. I'm curious to see how we compare. Include Thor if it's applicable.

BodyModifier
BodyModifier

05.05.2011 | 9:16 PM ET

I really enjoyed Inception and it really got my mind twisted after the movie. Which I really enjoy. I like a movie that creates conversation at the end.  What role does Tom Hardy play in Batman? 
I'm curious as to when the trailer will be released or has it already? Do you know when The Dark Knight Rises comes to theaters?

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

skelliher
skelliher

05.05.2011 | 9:18 PM ET

@body: The trailer is a long ways off. The movie just started filming a few weeks ago. Tom Hardy is going to play Bane. It's going to be released on July 20, 2012...yeah, I wasn't joking when I said I was into films.

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero

05.05.2011 | 9:20 PM ET

let hope we dont get another one of these

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,561
  • Post Score: 275

05.05.2011 | 9:21 PM ET

I only like romantic comedies. And Krull.

"I live, I die, I live again."

BodyModifier
BodyModifier

05.05.2011 | 9:22 PM ET

I honestly don't remember Bane in any Batman movies. Where was I? lol. Maybe it has more to do with the comics? I didn't get much into the comics and or maybe it slipped by me in the movies. I just don't recall seeing Bane in the movies...

skelliher
skelliher

05.05.2011 | 9:22 PM ET

@jaffa: Haha no I trust Nolan. I don't think his Bane is going to resemble anything from the horrible Batman and Robin, and I doubt it will even resemble the comic Bane. Honestly, while I said I don't like when the comic movies stray from the source material, I wasn't entirely accurate. I don't mind if the character is conceptualized in a new way, as long as the conception either improves on the source material, makes sense in the context of the character's symbolism and history, or makes slight diversions. I actually think Nolan's Bane will be superior to that in the comics.

BodyModifier
BodyModifier

05.05.2011 | 9:23 PM ET

@Gregory which romantic comedies? Expand. I'm curious. There's far too many movies I haven't seen. It's mind blowing how many are out there and how many independent films that are made which should be more known.

skelliher
skelliher

05.05.2011 | 9:25 PM ET

Greg's lying...he likes good movies. He's just in one of his moods.

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero

05.05.2011 | 9:26 PM ET

however the new villians turn out,there going to be compared to Heath Ledgers joker and that will most likely end up with them looking bad.....that said...i think Tom Hardy is a hugely talented actor and i have great faith in him!

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,561
  • Post Score: 275

05.05.2011 | 9:27 PM ET

/sarcasm

although I did like Krull as a kid. 

i saw a trailer today for a remake of conan the barbarian. what are they thinking? you can't recapture that glory.

"I live, I die, I live again."

skelliher
skelliher

@jaffa where that superhero movie list at kid!?? I want to compare. Include Thor if it's applicable.

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero

mood or not,theres always room for P.S I Love You  hahaha

BodyModifier
BodyModifier

05.05.2011 | 9:31 PM ET

I'd like to share an independent film. Here's the information about the directors and what not. http://thebutterflycircus.com/about/who-we-are/
The short film is called The Butterfly Circus. Directed by two young couple that are from Toronto Ontario. It stars Nick Vujicic, Eduardo Verastegui(Bella), and Doug Jones(Pan's Labyrinth,Fantastic Four).
It's a very inspiring powerful and touching short film. Check it out when you get the chance. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtxANzN2Woo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4um8qubQh0&feature=related
You'll be moved by it. Very touching short film. Enjoy.

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Anthony Smith is Blinded by His Own UFC Title Aspirations: ‘It’s Making Me a Worse Fighter’
  • Bad Left Hook : Morrell vs Kalajdzic and Cruz vs Moran set for Aug. 3
  • MMA Junkie : Cedric Doumbe gets new opponent for Bellator Champions Series in Paris
  • MMAFighting.com : Leon Edwards’ coach: Belal Muhammad was ‘was looking for a way out’ after eye poke in first fight
  • MMA Junkie : PFL signs Melissa Balic to multifight deal ahead of professional debut
  • UFC.com : Austin Hubbard Welcomes What Is Unpredictable
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Watch UFC Vegas 91 Media Day!
  • MMA Junkie : Video: 'UFC on ESPN 55: Nicolau vs. Perez' media day live stream
  • MMAFighting.com : Cedric Doumbe lands new opponent for Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Leon Edwards' coach expects Belal Muhammad next, says he 'was looking for a way out' in first fight
  • MMA Mania : ‘Bones’ Back In Camp
  • MMAFighting.com : Jon Jones returns to training for first time since suffering pectoral injury
  • Bad Left Hook : Chocolatito set for July 12 comeback against Barrera
  • MMA Junkie : Jiri Prochazka focused on reclaiming UFC light heavyweight title but contemplates future middleweight move
  • Middle Easy : Kamaru Usman Says Dana White ’10-7ed The Media’ With UFC 300’s Success
  • UFC.com : UFC And Morgan & Morgan Announce Multi-year Renewal Of Marketing Partnership
  • UFC.com : UFC 300 50/50 Charity Raffle Raises More Than $112,000
  • MMA Junkie : UFC heavyweight champ Jon Jones announces return to training after surgery for torn pectoral
  • MMA Mania : No-puria For ‘Suga’ — ‘Merab Is Going To Whoop His Ass’
  • Middle Easy : Arman Tsarukyan Fires Back At Michael Chandler For Criticizing His Decision To Turn Down Islam Makhachev Title Fight