Tapology Forums

Your WelterWeight Rankings

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

12.15.2012 | 9:55 AM ET

I'd like to see everyone's WW rankings.  Since last we gathered to compare WW notes, we have seen the following fights, to help us figure out our rankings.

GSP / Condit, MacDonald / Penn, Swick / Brown, Fitch / Silva, Hendricks / Kampmann, Maia / Story, Head / Ebersole, Maia / Kim, Hardy / Ludwig, 

For the moment, I am not ranking Penn, since I think he may very well retire.  He isn't going back to LW.  Sanchez has dropped down to LW, Charlie Brenneman has been released, Matt Hughes is retired without an announcement, Matt Serra has gained weight to 200 and shows no interest in fighting again, Jake Shields has moved back up to his natural weight class (MW) and Nate Marquardt was released.

And coming up just down the road, we have GSP / Diaz, Fitch / Maia, Erick Silva / Hieron.  And likely Condit vs. MacDonald rematch.

At the moment, the following WWs are not scheduled yet for their next fights.  Jake Ellenberger, Marty Kampmann, Johny Hendricks, Rick Story, John Hathaway, Paulo Thiago, Dong Hyun Kim, Amir Saddollah, Dan Hardy, Mike Swick, Matt Brown, Brian Ebersole, Aaron Simpson.

On the injured list presently are: Siyar Bahadurzada, Josh Koscheck, Thiago Alves.

How do I post this while triggering the automatic Rankings Display?  I have no idea.

Here are my 11-20 WW rankings.

11. John Hathaway
12. Dong Hyum Kim
13. Thiago Alves
14. Paulo Thiago
15. Amir Sadollah
16. Aaron Simpson
17. Nate Marquardt
18. Erick Silva
19. Siyar Bahadurzada
20. Rick Story
21. Dan Hardy
22. Paul Daley
23. Brian Ebersole
24. Matt Brown
25. Mike Swick
26. Karo Parisyan

* Edited at 12.15.2012, 9:55 AM ET *

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

Responses Page 2

Dakej
Dakej
  • Predictions:  2,722  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  1,066
  • Post Score: 201

12.16.2012 | 12:26 AM ET

To make it auto-post rankings you would've had to make this thread within the welterweight ranking page.
mike187
mike187
  • Predictions:  5,660  |  64.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,260
  • Post Score: 239

12.16.2012 | 12:49 AM ET

"He told me he was going to **** me, but was disappointed in himself when he could not get hard."

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

12.16.2012 | 2:54 AM ET

I think a fight between Matt Brown and TJ Waldburger would be interesting.  Matt just KOed tough Mike Swick, adn TJ just submitted Nick Catone.  Might be entertaining.

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

12.16.2012 | 2:55 AM ET

@Bill, Dan Hardy said he wants to fight Matt Brown. That is a fight i'd like to see.

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

gunn4206
gunn4206
  • Predictions:  38,849  |  65.7%
  • Forum Posts:  7,834
  • Post Score: 249

12.16.2012 | 2:57 AM ET

yea they been tweeting stuff hinting that there gonna fight for me really sucks being hardy is my all time fav and brown has became one of my favs as well

"RIP Bill Burgess , RIP CthuluJones"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

12.16.2012 | 3:17 PM ET

OK.  I'm in the Ranking Forum and have absolutely no idea how to launch this thread and have everyone's WW rankings pop up.

There must be a system to this website.  Everyone seems to understand the procedures, yet there is no where on the site that a member can go to find the procedures and have them explained.  

So, how can I find the procedure now that I am in the Rankings Forum.  Does anyone really think that this is self-explanatory?  It is not.  

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

12.16.2012 | 4:27 PM ET

OK, it looks like Siyar Bahadurzada is expected to fight Dong Hyun Kim on March 3, 2013, on Fuel on Fuel TV 8.

And it also appears that Dan Hardy is gunning for a fight with Matt Brown.  So the main WW guys are scheduling for match-ups, meaning that Johny Hendricks was having fewer and fewer WW candidates to choose from for a good fight while awaiting his title shot with GSP after GSP finishes his business with Nick Diaz.

Question.  Why couldn't Johny negotiate with the UFC to preserve his Title options, even if he happened to lose?  What would have been so untoward about that?

So, if Johny loses to Jake come this March 16, 2013 in Montreal at UFC 158, will he forfeit his title option?  I hope not, but he probably will.  Such is them thar breaks.

Dannotheman
Dannotheman
  • Predictions:  9,433  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,406
  • Post Score: 185

12.16.2012 | 4:34 PM ET

@Bill - When you are at the Consensus WW Ranking page, at the top of the list, right above GSP there is a button that says "Discuss Ranking". That will take you to the WW Ranking forum, there you can either start a new thread or post in one of the ones that already exist. 

"God please give me patience, if you give me strength I will just punch them in the face."

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

12.16.2012 | 5:03 PM ET

@Danno is correct... but just in case... here are step by step details for you:

• 1) After Tapping In, click on "RANKINGS" at the top of the home page between "FIGHTCENTER & FORUM".
  • 2) On the right, there is a column with all the rankings available to Tapology memebrs.  Click Top WW's.
  • 3) Above the consensus ranking, there is an instruction box.  Select "Discuss Ranking".
  • 4) This page will list all the WW ranking threads ever created (properly).  Select "New Thread" and go!

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

12.16.2012 | 5:30 PM ET

I went to Rankings, clicked onto Top WW, clicked onto Discuss Ranking, clicked onto new thread, and nothing.

No rankings of mine popped.  Just another thread.  This is just so discouraging.  Help me someone.

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

12.16.2012 | 5:40 PM ET

Will everyone who posted here please repost to the one created by Soccer.  

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  20,817  |  71.5%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

12.16.2012 | 5:43 PM ET

Here is my list, the 10th place is debatable, Marquardt is up there with Askren, Maia, Pierce, Pyle or maybe Kim.
That just shows you how full of talent the WW division is...

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

MacGreeneMMA
MacGreeneMMA
  • Predictions:  425  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  25
  • Post Score: 36

12.16.2012 | 6:13 PM ET

Haven't gotten around to updating the rest of my rankings yet but here ya go.It's a top 30 so I guess you know what to do if you care about the rest of the listing lol, because I don't. New to this.

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

12.16.2012 | 6:49 PM ET

I ask everyone who posted on this thread to repost your rankings on the new thread started by Soccer.

Thank you.

KnockoutsRock21
KnockoutsRock21
  • Predictions:  17,407  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,011
  • Post Score: 251

12.16.2012 | 10:30 PM ET

Rory will finish 2013 ranked number 1 or 2 depending on GSP movin up to fight or deciding to stick around. He made Penn look like a bum and he dominated Condit for most of their fight. I think he will win their rematch. No one wants to fight Rory.

"Superman wears Chuck Liddell pajamas"

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier: Michael Chandler 'not driving the sales' in Conor McGregor fight, unlikely to get PPV points
  • Middle Easy : Jake Paul Lays Down $10 Million MMA Challenge to Nate Diaz and Jorge Masvidal: ‘I Want Either One’
  • MMA Mania : Garcia Misses Weight In Latest Circus Stunt
  • MMAFighting.com : Devin Haney vs. Ryan Garcia weigh-in video live now
  • Bad Left Hook : Charlo invokes right to Madrimov title fight
  • Jits Magazine : Free Fight Friday: Renato Canuto vs Damon Morgan
  • MMA Junkie : Nate Diaz sued by Rodney Petersen over 2023 New Orleans street fight
  • MMA Junkie : Nate Diaz sued by 'Not Logan Paul' Rodney Petersen over 2023 New Orleans street fight
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Haney Vs Garcia Official Weigh Ins!
  • MMAFighting.com : Nate Diaz targeted in new Rodney Petersen lawsuit for New Orleans street brawl, Diaz rep responds
  • MMAFighting.com : Ryan Garcia badly misses weight for Devin Haney fight
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘3 pounds is nothing stop crying’: Ryan Garcia, pros react to Garcia missing weight for Devin Haney showdown
  • Bad Left Hook : Ryan Garcia misses weight, will still fight Devin Haney
  • MMA Mania : ‘Half-Mexican’ Costa Is Not A ‘Dirty’ Brazilian!
  • MMAFighting.com : Olympic champ David Taylor says ‘door is open’ for move to MMA; Daniel Cormier tells him ‘stick to wrestling’
  • UFC.com : Steve Erceg Hopes To Open Some Eyes
  • UFC.com : Julian Erosa's Monumental March
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 303 ticket prices: Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler could break promotion's gate record
  • Middle Easy : Max Holloway Snaps Back at Ilia Topuria Over BMF Title Demands: ‘That’s Kind of Un-BMF’
  • MMAFighting.com : Brendan Loughnane details ‘intense’ training sessions with Conor McGregor ahead of PFL return