Topic: Off Topic

favorite movie?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero
  • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,396
  • Post Score: 240

05.05.2011 | 7:46 PM ET

i realise this is mma based but im very much into my movies and curious about everyones favorite! so would love to hear peoples opinions :)

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

Responses

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

05.05.2011 | 7:49 PM ET

American Werewolf in Londond
Boondock Saints

these are the ones off the top of my head.

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

themysticalninja
themysticalninja
  • Predictions:  1,219  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,725
  • Post Score: 123

05.05.2011 | 7:56 PM ET

The Usual Suspects
Battle Royale
Clash of the Titans (Original)
Fist of Legend
Sin City

"Go get some Donald CER-ROE-NAY!" - Greg Jackson

minotauro11
minotauro11
  • Predictions:  2,483  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  4,493
  • Post Score: 148

05.05.2011 | 7:56 PM ET

Anything by Tarantino or Guy Ritchie.

Snatch, Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, etc. Great films. 

This is a cool idea for a thread, this is why a sub forum for off-mma-topic stuff would be great.

"We Are All One"

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero

05.05.2011 | 8:21 PM ET

Pulp Fiction,Reservoir Dogs,The Untouchables,One Flew over the Cuckoos Nest,Trading Places,The Matrix,Sin City aaaaaand ill jus throw in Delirious even tho its stand up comedy

im already getting carried away! haha

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

CashBrewyn
CashBrewyn
  • Predictions:  21,572  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,045
  • Post Score: 212

05.05.2011 | 8:22 PM ET

Goodfellas, V For Vendetta, Bourne Trilogy, City Of God, Boondock Saints, The Departed, Che, Motorcycle Diaries, District 9

"My hearts pumpin' the blood of Royce Gracie My thoughts dumpin' the slug and point straightly"

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero

05.05.2011 | 8:23 PM ET

also @minotauro agreed,i think movies is a great way to relate to people...btw good call on Tarantino + Ritchie

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,473  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

05.05.2011 | 8:28 PM ET

Sin City, Pulp Fiction, Boondock Saints, Scarface, Godfather, Seven Samurai, Fight Club there are other contenders these are just off the top of my head but it's too hard to pick a single favorite

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

05.05.2011 | 8:28 PM ET

I love films. Actually going to go see Thor at midnight tonight!

My all-time favorites are (in no particular order): Inception, Memento, Pan's Labyrinth, The Lord of the Rings, The Departed, 28 Days Later, Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, District 9, The Dark Knight, Star Trek (2009)

Not all-time favorites but still great: The Matrix (first one), Watchmen, Zombieland, Iron Man (first one), Spider-man 2

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,473  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

05.05.2011 | 8:29 PM ET

@Cashbrewyn, can't believe I forgot City of God, excellent movie

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

skelliher
skelliher

05.05.2011 | 8:29 PM ET

OK Fight Club should have been in the all-time list...

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero

05.05.2011 | 8:30 PM ET

@skelliher looks like your def into superhero movies huh? 

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero

05.05.2011 | 8:32 PM ET

and this is the prob.....theres so many that you guys have said that i love and didnt put in.....any love for Clerks? :)

skelliher
skelliher

05.05.2011 | 8:41 PM ET

@jaffa: I like the superhero movies because I'm a big comic fan, but only The Dark Knight has managed to make it onto my best of the best list. Strangely, it's actually because I'm a comic fan that I loathe/despise more than half of the comic movies out there: The X-Men Trilogy, Spider-man 3, Superman Returns, Ghost Rider, Daredevil, Hulk (2003), Fantastic Four 1 and 2...all **** if you have any interest in the source material...actually, just ****** all around. X-Men 2 you can make an argument for if you don't read the source material.

BodyModifier
BodyModifier
  • Predictions:  21  |  61.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,608
  • Post Score: 152

05.05.2011 | 8:44 PM ET

Well my all time favorite movie is Gladiator. My favorite well rounded actor is Johnny Depp. Danzel Washington. Favorite comedian is Jim Carrey. Favorite directors Ridley Scott,Tim Burton. 
I love all movies though and have been slacking. I think a movie that I think is an all time classic that hasn't gotten a lot of recognition or forgotten is.

I love all movies though. I think my favorite comedian stand up is Delirious. 

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

skelliher
skelliher

05.05.2011 | 8:46 PM ET

For Directors I like: Chris Nolan, Danny Boyle, David Fincher, Martin Scorcese, Guillermo Del Toro, James Cameron, and Neil Blompkamp's career looks promising.

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero

05.05.2011 | 8:50 PM ET

@skelliher....im not a comic book fan but i do love me a good superhero movie......i agree on all those movies you just listed...not exactly great....ive seen Thor btw,i wont give my opinion ill just let you see it for yourself.what did you think of The incredible Hulk(2008) ?

BeastMaster
BeastMaster
  • Predictions:  1,958  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,029
  • Post Score: 180

05.05.2011 | 8:54 PM ET

Gladiator was an amazing movie.

The Thin Red Line

Dark Knight

Lord of The Rings Return of The King

The Prestige

Inception

Shutter Island

Blood Diamond( I'm a Big Dicaprio fan)

Black Hawk Down

The Elephant Man

Raging Bull

All of the planet of the apes movies (except fo the new one)

Malcom X

Also I like Ken Burns:The War( It's a very very graphic documentaru of WWII

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone lays a hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero

05.05.2011 | 8:59 PM ET

@beastmaster i realise i should talk about inception seeing as its insane! but........... man shutter island was good!!!! ha

BodyModifier
BodyModifier
  • Predictions:  21  |  61.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,608
  • Post Score: 152

05.05.2011 | 9:00 PM ET

Did you guys get into the Spartacus Blood & Sand series? I think that's my favorite mini series. It's a mix between 300 and Gladiator.
Looking at this thread there are some movies I need to start watching. @Beast if you're a big Dicaprio fan you have to admit that his work on Titanic was outstanding. I'd have to say my favorite Dicaprio movie was What's Eating Gilbert G****.

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

skelliher
skelliher

05.05.2011 | 9:06 PM ET

@jaffa: I think The Incredible Hulk (2008) is definitely a huge step up from the 2003 version. It's a good movie, but not a great one. I'd probably give it a 6.5/10. Most of the reason is that I'm not super interested in Bruce Banner as a character or his super alter-ego. For superhero movies, my list (in order of greatness) is below:

1) The Dark Knight     6) Spider-man
2) Spider-man 2         7) Iron Man 2
3) Iron Man                 8) The Incredible Hulk
4) Blade 2                  
5) Batman Begins

After those eight it goes downhill for me. Like I said, I think X-Men 2 was a good movie, but I hated what that franchise did with Cyclops, as he's my second favorite comic book character behind Spider-man. The rest of the superhero movies blow IMO. Spider-man 3 and X-Men 3 were particularly bad...and I don't even consider Ghost Rider a movie.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Shawne Merriman launches Lights Out Sports app, touts 'milestone' for MMA promotion
  • MMA Mania : Mac’s Skills ‘Not What They Used To Be’ After Layoff
  • MMA Mania : Ankalaev In October? ‘I Want To Fight Sooner’
  • MMA Junkie : Chris Weidman compares Alex Pereira's 'deficiency' in particular skill set to Ben Askren's
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Ryan Clark roasts Aljamain Sterling after Daniel Cormier suggests next BMF title fight
  • Jits Magazine : Gordon Ryan Says He’s ‘Embarrassingly Weak’ In Health Update
  • MMA Mania : Moldavsky Vs. Vassell 2 Headlines PFL Uncasville
  • Jits Magazine : Action-Packed Divisions All Round At ADCC Sydney Open 2024
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: And New Super Lightweight Champion?
  • MMA Mania : Nurmagomedov Injured, Bellator Paris Title Fight Paused
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Inks PFL Extension, Returns At Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Ben Rothwell hopes Mark Hunt signing with BKFC materializes, wants rematch that 'brings eyes'
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Banks Big Money After Placing a $2 Million Bet on Himself to Defeat Devin Haney
  • MMA Junkie : Murad Ramazanov lauds Nurmagomedov training discipline for fast start in PFL debut
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘This is going to make him a way bigger superstar’: Trainer talks Garcia’s big win over Haney
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘This is going to make him a way bigger superstar’: Trainer talks Ryan Garcia’s big win over Devin Haney
  • MMA Mania : ‘This Could Be A Career Death Sentence’
  • MMAFighting.com : DC calls for McGregor vs. Chandler to be 165-pound ‘super lightweight’ title fight
  • MMA Mania : ‘Be Prepared To Bleed, Rainbow!’
  • Bad Left Hook : Pitbull Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr, Santa Cruz vs Mares 3 on Crawford undercard