Tapology Forums

Matches To Make After UFC On FX 6

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Blackarone
Blackarone
  • Predictions:  15,554  |  63.6%
  • Forum Posts:  14
  • Post Score: 93

12.14.2012 | 11:35 PM ET

Cody Donovan vs Joey Beltran - Both looked impressive tonight with their respective wins and are looking to keep moving up the ranks a win for either would certainly do that.

Brendan Loughnane vs Joe Proctor - Both men were on the wrong side of decision in their last fights however they were both good back and forth battles and a match up between these two could make for another exciting war.

Mike Wilkinson vs Ramsey Nijem - Wilkinson is undefeated and looking to continue his UFC career after being removed from TUF Smashes due to the eye injury and coming back to defeat Brendan Loughnane and Nijem is on a three fight win streak.

Benny Alloway vs Sergio Moraes - Both are Ultimate fighter contestants coming off their first UFC wins and Alloway's only losses have come by submission so Moraes could prove to be a tough match up and make for an interesting fight.

Mike Pierce vs Matt Brown - Pierce is on a three fight win streak and Brown is on a four fight win streak with both men trying to move their way up the ranks of the division this match up could move the victor into the upper echelon.

Chad Mendes vs Hacran Dias - Dias was supposed to be Mendes opponent tonight and after Mendes quickly dispatched Meza the match up with Dias could be set up once again.

Rousimar Palhares vs  Ed Herman - Both are coming off loses yet they are both still near the top of the division a match up between these two would put the winner back on track.

Hector Lombard vs Yushin Okami / Alan Belcher Winner - The winner of Okami Belcher will be at the top of the division especially if Belcher wins but either man could pose serious problems for Lombard and the victor would come out very close to a number one contender spot.

Colin Fletcher vs Reza Madadi - Both men are looking to rebound from their first UFC loss and a match up between these two could be exciting and beneficial for the victor.

Norman Parke vs Michael Chiesa - Chiesa had to withdraw from his match up on UFC on FOX 5 and with both men coming off their victories that won them their respective seasons of The Ultimate Fighter this match up makes sense.

Bradley Scott vs Stephen Thompson - Both men are coming off very disappointing losses and a rebound fight between these two could make for a very entertaining match up.

Robert Whittaker vs Mike Ricci / Colton Smith Winner - A fight between the latest two Welterweight TUF winners.

George Sotiropoulos vs Jeremy Stephens - Both are on a three fight losing streak and desperately need a win.

Ross Pearson vs Takanori Gomi / Diego Sanchez Winner - Pearson got a big victory tonight over Sotiropoulos and a match up between the winner of Gomi Sanchez would send the winner into the upper echelon in their division.

"themmaoracles.wordpress.com"

Responses

sreimuth
sreimuth
  • Predictions:  79,284  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,245
  • Post Score: 262

12.15.2012 | 12:15 AM ET

Damn beat me to it. Made another thread like if have been. Just a little late this time.

"Under my tutelage, you will grow from boys to men. From men into gladiators. And from gladiators into Swansons.- Ron Swanson https://www.instagram.com/seanreimuth/ Follow me."

MadMikeXD
MadMikeXD

12.15.2012 | 12:32 AM ET

I disagree with Mike Wilkinson vs Ramsey Nijem.

Stripper Ramsey deserves a step up in competition.
WarCraved
WarCraved
  • Predictions:  4,610  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4
  • Post Score: 150

12.15.2012 | 1:33 AM ET

I disagree with the Mendes/Dias matchup. He's had basically 2 squash matches in a row, and Dias was supposed to be one. I think he deserves a major step up in competition now. Ricardo Lamas, Cub Swanson, Dennis Siver, Korean Zombie, anyone like that. I like the rest of the list though, besides Stripper Ramsey. 

Oh, and I like your matchup for Pearson. I'd also like to see him face Dos Anjos.
kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

12.15.2012 | 1:56 AM ET

@WarCraved, Mendes has already beaten Cub and while it may have been years ago, i still think Chad would easily control him again.

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

amp112
amp112
  • Predictions:  37,156  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,588
  • Post Score: 208

12.15.2012 | 2:36 AM ET

Mendes vs KZ. I want to see Mendes vs Edgar. Maybe if Edgar loses to Aldo, but they don't usually do loser vs winner. If Edgar beats Aldo, I think it's too soon to give Mendes another shot. What with the 145 logjam.
Blackarone
Blackarone
  • Predictions:  15,554  |  63.6%
  • Forum Posts:  14
  • Post Score: 93

12.15.2012 | 2:36 AM ET

Mendes vs Lamas could be good and how bout Ramsey vs Michael Johnson / Myles Jury Winner and Mike Wilkinson vs Mike Rio / John Cofer Winner

"themmaoracles.wordpress.com"

gunn4206
gunn4206
  • Predictions:  39,018  |  65.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,834
  • Post Score: 249

12.15.2012 | 2:41 AM ET

mendes vs siver would be sick but siver is set to fight swanson would for sure be a fight id like to see in the future

"RIP Bill Burgess , RIP CthuluJones"

sreimuth
sreimuth

12.15.2012 | 10:09 AM ET

Here are the matches I thought we be appropriate for each next fight.

Ross Pearson vs. Yves Edwards
George Sotiropolus vs. Mac Danzig or Mark Bocek
Hector Lombard vs. Bisping/Belfort or Jacare/Larkin winners
Rousimar Palhares vs. Nick Ring or Clifford Starks
Robert Whittaker vs. Chris Clements
Brad Scott vs. Besam Yousef
Norman Parke vs. Anton Kuivanen
Colin Fletcher vs. Marcus LeVesseur
Chad Mendes vs. Hacran Dias
Yaotzin Meza vs. Nam Phan
Joey Beltran vs. Stanislav Nedkov
Igor Pokrajac vs. Chad Griggs
Mike Pierce vs. Mike Pyle/James Head winner
Seth Baczynski vs. Keith Wisniewski
Benny Alloway vs. Adam Khaliev
Mike Wilkinson vs. Jon Tuck
Cody Donovan vs. Gian Villante
Nick Penner vs. Edinaldo Oliviera

"Under my tutelage, you will grow from boys to men. From men into gladiators. And from gladiators into Swansons.- Ron Swanson https://www.instagram.com/seanreimuth/ Follow me."

sreimuth
sreimuth

12.15.2012 | 10:12 AM ET

Also people are saying Chad Mendes deserves a higher fight and that he would have ran over Dias, don't be to sure because Dias did dominant a great fighter in Alcantara. Also a lot of people are booked and I'm pretty sure KZ is getting the next title shot. If Mendes wanted to stay active that would be the best fight for him to take.

Also don't like Gomi/Sanchez vs. Pearson, that would be such a long layoff for Ross. He should be fighting again around that time.

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,476  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,786
  • Post Score: 180

12.15.2012 | 12:57 PM ET

It would be hard to find a bad fight for Hector.

Dias would be my choice for Chad but if not then Elkins or Mike Brown. There's no need to rush Mendes back to a title fight. We don't need a FW Franklin or Kos. 

Damn, do I HATE weight-cutting. IF Pearson stays at LW, I like Yves or Makdessi but I think Pearson/KZ would be great.

If they ever smarten up and put a limit on how much weight you are allowed to cut/put-back-on-w/in-24hrs, it would not only be beneficial for the long term health of fighters but it would make the reality show more real because they could fight in their actual natural weight class. 

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : UFC UNFILTERED | Ariane Lipski, Austin Hubbard, UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez picks
  • MMA Mania : Cannonier Vs Imamov Headlines UFC Louisville
  • Bad Left Hook : Cieslak vs Chamberlain joins Billam-Smith vs Riakporhe 2 on June 15
  • Bad Left Hook : Michal Cieslak vs Isaac Chamberlain joins Billam-Smith vs Riakporhe 2 on June 15
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! BKFC ‘KnuckleMania 4’ Press Conference Video!
  • UFC.com : UFC Returns To Louisville For UFC Fight Night On June 8 At KFC Yum! Center
  • MMA Junkie : Tatiana Suarez campaigns for title shot vs. Zhang Weili at UFC 306: 'I get a submission 100 percent'
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302: Makhachev vs. Poirier adds key prospect bout
  • UFC.com : Gabriel Benitez: Still flying the flag
  • MMA Mania : A Special Message For Chinless Scumbags
  • UFC.com : Rhythm Is Gonna Get You: Why Timing Is Everything For Matheus Nicolau
  • MMA Junkie : Tatsuro Taira fills UFC 302 opening, fights Joshua Van
  • MMAFighting.com : Ronda Rousey blasts Joe Rogan, MMA media for turning on her: ‘They’re a bunch of assh*les’
  • Jits Magazine : BJJ Stars 12 Full Preview
  • MMA Junkie : Mike Malott books UFC return after upset loss to Neil Magny
  • MMAFighting.com : Between the Links: Ryan Garcia silences doubters, Dana White’s victory lap, UFC Vegas 91 vs. KnuckleMania
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch BTL live now
  • MMAFighting.com : Donald Cerrone reveals nasty injury preparing to ride Dana White’s Twisted Steel
  • MMA Mania : Once More, With Kicking
  • Bad Left Hook : Adrien Broner vs Blair Cobbs official for June 7, WBC title fight on undercard