Tapology Forums

Hughes Vs Sanchez!!

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

macciefresh
macciefresh
  • Predictions:  393  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  154
  • Post Score: 98

04.30.2011 | 6:11 AM ET

This is the best news ive heard in a while, cant wait for this one. What do ye think? i see a War!..

"Listen, you ******* fringe, if I throw a dog a bone, I don't want to know if it tastes good or not. You stop me again whilst I'm walking, and I'll cut your ******* Jacobs off. "

Responses

skeet2b
skeet2b
  • Predictions:  8,330  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  1,703
  • Post Score: 158

04.30.2011 | 9:23 AM ET

i think hughes is much too strong for sanchez and ground and pound him till he gets a tko

"A true champion, face to face with his darkest hour, will do whatever it takes to rise above. A man fights, and fights, and then fights some more. Because surrender is death, and death is for *******"

MegaDave
MegaDave
  • Predictions:  8,095  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,656
  • Post Score: 191

04.30.2011 | 9:35 AM ET

@skeet2b Yeah, I think the same thing. I think it will pretty much just be Hughes dominating the whole fight

"I'm sorry that the brilliance of my words goes over your heads. I'm not going to stop being an eagle just because I am surrounded by turkeys-CS"

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,473  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

04.30.2011 | 9:39 AM ET

I agree with the previous two but I think that I may be a bit biased towards Hughes

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

MegaDave
MegaDave
  • Predictions:  8,095  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,656
  • Post Score: 191

04.30.2011 | 9:44 AM ET

Yeah, I'm biased too, but discounting the loss to BJ, Hughes has still looked good, Sanchez seems to be slipping fast (yeah I know he's on a two fight win streak, but that nonsense w/ Kampmann was pitiful)

"I'm sorry that the brilliance of my words goes over your heads. I'm not going to stop being an eagle just because I am surrounded by turkeys-CS"

Team Tanner
Team Tanner
  • Predictions:  410  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  85
  • Post Score: 67

04.30.2011 | 4:17 PM ET

You gotta give Hughes mad respect, he NEVER takes easy fights and never has!

"Believe, in the power of one" - Evan Tanner

GODKING7
GODKING7
  • Predictions:  91  |  53.8%
  • Forum Posts:  6
  • Post Score: 83

04.30.2011 | 4:21 PM ET

I SAY IS A REPEAT OF PENN VS HUGHES 3 SANCHEZ K.O HUGHES IN THE 1ST!!!
SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

04.30.2011 | 5:40 PM ET

I think in their primes Matt Hughes wins this fight easily, but right now think Diego will be to much for Matt

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

slapedurmomsace
slapedurmomsace
  • Predictions:  879  |  59.6%
  • Forum Posts:  62
  • Post Score: 47

04.30.2011 | 6:09 PM ET

I'm going to take Hughes in a UD. Hughes isn't going to stand there and let Diego just throw down at him like Kampman did, Hughes will take him down and ride out a UD imo.

"Jackson the JRT..the original Rampage!!"

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

04.30.2011 | 10:05 PM ET

sanchez has not lost since he calls himself " the dream"?  i'm picking le reve, it means the dream in french. lol.
macciefresh
macciefresh

05.02.2011 | 9:13 AM ET

I gotta take sanchez aswell guys, he will just push the pace and bring the fight to hughes, decison victory. Both guys will take this fight very seriously. i dont see much left in matts career if he loses tough

"Listen, you ******* fringe, if I throw a dog a bone, I don't want to know if it tastes good or not. You stop me again whilst I'm walking, and I'll cut your ******* Jacobs off. "

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

05.02.2011 | 9:34 AM ET

I'm leaning towards Hughes.  Diego just doesn't do it for me.. idk why.  He relies on his grappling and I just am not sure if Hughes is going to get taken down.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

BodyModifier
BodyModifier
  • Predictions:  21  |  61.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,608
  • Post Score: 152

05.02.2011 | 9:39 AM ET

Sanchez is a machine and never stops. I respect Sanchez but Matt has a lot of heart still. You could see it on his face after his loss to BJ. Diego won't be able to do anything in the stand up unless Matt challenges himself there like he has in the past and paid for it.
Let's hope Matt/BJ train together. They are both going to be fired up and it's going to be a war and I honestly don't think this will go to decision. Someone will break eventually during the fight. They both try their best to finish fights and they usually do when mistakes happen. There will be mistakes happening on this fight or they'll both see opportunities and go for it.
This will be a lot of transitioning and showing a lot of control on the ground. Diego will try to do a flying knee or trying different things in the stand up but I think Matt will try for the take down when Diego is rushing to do something. 
It could go to decision and look like it on paper but I think Diego wants to make a statement with Hughes(Legend) and Matt wants to go out with a W near the end of his career.
Can't wait! War Hughes!

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

macciefresh
macciefresh

05.02.2011 | 7:31 PM ET

Both guys really need/want/hope for a big win. Sanchez needs to beat a legend and another top contender to be considered for a title shot, Hughes because he wants to go out on a high, but the short story is that both guys always give everything in the cage, just think of the wars theyve been in. This will be no different, i can see both guys in the middle of the mat at the end of the third round in a bloddy embrace with Joe and Goldie Orgasming shouting out fight of the year

gspisoverrated
gspisoverrated
  • Predictions:  331  |  56.5%
  • Forum Posts:  169
  • Post Score: 29

05.02.2011 | 10:20 PM ET

I see Sanchez taking an extremely close decision. He definitely wont make Hughes look bad, but he does have the skill set to beat him.

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times. "

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereira’s Wrestling To Ben Askren’s Striking: ‘Such A Deficiency’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows That’
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau done with Manel Kape bookings, focused on title shot after UFC on ESPN 55 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight card: Perry vs. Alves
  • Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann claims he hasn't watched tape on Bogdan Guskov ahead of UFC on ESPN 55 co-main bout
  • MMA Mania : Keep $300K Bonuses! ‘It Can’t Go Back’
  • MMAFighting.com : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev announced for UFC St. Louis co-headliner
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ‘It’s Weird To See’
  • MMAFighting.com : Cain Velasquez attempted murder trial set to begin in September
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo confirms UFC 301 final fight on contract, hints at boxing match at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Run it back, give fans a fair fight’: Devin Haney on Ryan Garcia loss
  • UFC.com : Alexandre Pantoja | TUF Beginnings
  • MMA Junkie : Former UFC champion Cain Velasquez gets trial date in attempted murder case
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Love Dana White. There’s No Issues’
  • MMAFighting.com : TKO CEO Ari Emanuel earned nearly $65 million in compensation in 2023, including $20 million bonus from UFC
  • Middle Easy : Marlon Vera Calls Out Ex-UFC Champion for Bantamweight Title Eliminator at MSG in November
  • MMA Junkie : Alex Perez not surprised Steve Erceg got UFC title shot, despite Muhammad Mokaev's 'tougher resume'
  • Jits Magazine : PGF World Season 6: Best Of Day 2