Tapology Forums

How do you think the Forrest/Shogun 2 fight will go down

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

skeet2b
skeet2b
  • Predictions:  8,330  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  1,703
  • Post Score: 158

04.26.2011 | 10:02 PM ET

I think forrest will outstrike Shogun and get the UD, any thoughts

"A true champion, face to face with his darkest hour, will do whatever it takes to rise above. A man fights, and fights, and then fights some more. Because surrender is death, and death is for *******"

Responses

Thisisaedan
Thisisaedan
  • Predictions:  1,497  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11
  • Post Score: 9

04.26.2011 | 10:08 PM ET

I think now that Shogun has vacacted out of Brazil into a new training camp where he isn't the star of the gym he will get better being around guys that can strike with him and give him great sparring sessions. 

Updated gyms are great because it brings in a lot of new techniques and sparring sessions tend to be controled but really helpful.

Shogun went into that Bones fight looking out of shape. badly. He could have easily gotten rid of that fat around his gut. I think rehabbing his knee was a factor in coming in out of shape. You could tell he was REALLY nervous before the fight even began just by his emotions before the bout.

Forrest is always great to watch. I like the guy, i really do. I just think he is slow and pretty good at everything he does. Hes not really GREAT in any one area, but good in most.

I think shogun comes in to this fight in shape and ready to brawl in Rio. I expect him to KO Forrest similar to Machida 2.
minotauro11
minotauro11
  • Predictions:  2,483  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  4,493
  • Post Score: 148

04.26.2011 | 10:09 PM ET

Did you really just say Forrest will outstrike Shogun? That's got to be a typo right??? Needless to say I wholeheartedly disagree with you, if anything I think Forrest can maybe get on top of him, but Shogun will school him on the feet.

"We Are All One"

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

04.26.2011 | 10:34 PM ET

I think Shogun will finish Forrest this time via Jardine style.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

skeet2b
skeet2b

04.26.2011 | 10:42 PM ET

I dont know i guess it all depends on how Shogun looks in the fight, if he comes out looking like **** Forrest will beat him

"A true champion, face to face with his darkest hour, will do whatever it takes to rise above. A man fights, and fights, and then fights some more. Because surrender is death, and death is for *******"

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,473  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

04.26.2011 | 11:30 PM ET

His knees should be healthy therefore Shogun KO round 2

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

WinningOne
WinningOne
  • Predictions:  256  |  64.8%
  • Forum Posts:  242
  • Post Score: 58

04.27.2011 | 12:46 AM ET

In all honesty I gotta take Griffin UD. Only time ive been super impressed by Shogun in the UFC is when he's fighting Machida.

"“I will knock your hair black” – Ken Shamrock to Ortiz"

macciefresh
macciefresh
  • Predictions:  393  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  154
  • Post Score: 98

04.27.2011 | 8:31 AM ET

Gunna be a war nevertheless. I love but guys but would like to see forest snatch it, would love to see him fight for another title next year

"Listen, you ******* fringe, if I throw a dog a bone, I don't want to know if it tastes good or not. You stop me again whilst I'm walking, and I'll cut your ******* Jacobs off. "

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

04.27.2011 | 1:13 PM ET

If Forrest can get Shogun on his back I think he can win the fight by controlling the fight from the top and beating up Shogun with some GnP...I see it staying on the feet too long for Forrest and Shogun winning with a TKO 2nd round

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

skeet2b
skeet2b

04.27.2011 | 1:22 PM ET

I think forrest learned his lesson after the Jardiene and Silva fights, I dont think he will get KOed by Shogun

Piercerdan
Piercerdan
  • Predictions:  22,701  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,987
  • Post Score: 212

04.27.2011 | 3:21 PM ET

i honestly see it going very similar to their first fight.  Forrest and shogun both havent changed that much.  I can fully see a back and forth battle with forrest getting the better of it due to his size. Shogun is more than capable of winning via strikes but i see him getting bullied again.  I hate this match up because i like both guys but i like shogun more.

"Fact: knowledge or info based on real occurrences, opinion: a belief held with confidence not substantiated by proof."

skeet2b
skeet2b

04.28.2011 | 9:22 PM ET

yea i definatly think forrest is gonna bully shogun with a lot of takedowns and gnp

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

04.28.2011 | 9:38 PM ET

Forrest is going to close the distance, clinch Shogun up, and bully him around like he did in the first fight. If he stays on the outside, although he outreaches Shogun, I don't expect it to turn out well for him.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

04.28.2011 | 9:50 PM ET

If Shogun loses this fight.. I'll be sharing your hole @Skelliher if GSP loses.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

Blackwork
Blackwork
  • Predictions:  4,678  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  900
  • Post Score: 162

04.29.2011 | 9:47 AM ET

This will be an interesting fight. I might be locked into the mindset of underestimating Griffin's abilities due to a couple of his performances, which could be outliers. I think a healthy Shogun beats up Griffin. I thought the first fight was a huge upset and the result of Shogun not being able to train properly before the fight.  

"http://www.tapology.com/profiles/blackwork/my-rankings?ranking_type=member"

Dtmma
Dtmma
  • Predictions:  212  |  63.7%
  • Forum Posts:  50
  • Post Score: 30

04.29.2011 | 11:54 AM ET

Shogun will beat him on the feet, but should Forrest get the TD, I see shogun having problems. Forrest has very underrated Jits remember..

"When I come out I have supreme confidence, Im scared of everything, scared to lose, the closer the more confident I get, Once im in the ring, im a god! No one could beat me"

slapedurmomsace
slapedurmomsace
  • Predictions:  879  |  59.6%
  • Forum Posts:  62
  • Post Score: 47

04.29.2011 | 1:20 PM ET

It's Shogun 2nd fight off his knee surgery so I see him definately coming into this fight in better shape and more focused. Honestly before Jones would anyone have given Forrest a better than 1 in 4 shot?

"Jackson the JRT..the original Rampage!!"

Kokid951
Kokid951
  • Predictions:  667  |  58.6%
  • Forum Posts:  540
  • Post Score: 213

04.29.2011 | 2:16 PM ET

Forrest will win again by decision, shogun doesn't seem or look the same

"dont mistake kindness for weakness"

geezhound
geezhound
  • Predictions:  6,745  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,297
  • Post Score: 193

04.29.2011 | 2:30 PM ET

Forrest will have the same gameplan that he did against Franklin. LnP all of rd1, swing for the fences all of rd 2, stay safe rd3, receive UD.

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

minotauro11
minotauro11
  • Predictions:  2,483  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  4,493
  • Post Score: 148

04.30.2011 | 12:29 AM ET

If Forrest swings for the fences, he will get ko'd. As much as I hate to say it though, this is a winnable fight for Griffin. Shogun is better everywhere but wrestling/size, and Griffin can try to exploit that, but if Shogun is back to his healthy self, and Kings MMA pushes him to improve his wrestling, he'll take this.

"We Are All One"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Eddie Hearn says things about to get real for Ryan Garcia
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Strickland vs. Paulo Costa: Odds and what to know ahead of UFC 302 co-headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 weigh-in video
  • MMA Mania : No Foul Play! ‘The Cutman Used A Boxing Technique’
  • MMA Junkie : PFL Chicago fight week vlog 3: Fighters explore the city ahead of fight night
  • MMAFighting.com : Kamaru Usman questions how much Max Holloway’s eye pokes altered outcome of Justin Gaethje fight
  • MMA Junkie : PFL Week 3 predictions: Who are our unanimous picks at welterweight, featherweight in Chicago?
  • MMA Mania : DAZN Leaks Elle Brooke Vs Paige VanZant Boxing Match
  • MMA Junkie : Bo Nickal's response to Khamzat Chimaev's criticism of his UFC 300 win wasn't the best
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 adds several fights to Islam Makhachev vs. Dustin Poirier card
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’m going in there to f— this man up’: Ryan Garcia’s final thoughts on Haney
  • Bad Left Hook : Bill Haney gifts Ryan Garcia ‘Psychology for Dummies’ book
  • MMA Junkie : Brennan Ward nostalgic for Bellator, but ready to wreak havoc in $1 million PFL season
  • MMA Mania : Latest UFC 303 Fight Card, PPV lineup
  • MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway mocks Ilia Topuria’s demands for potential fight: ‘That’s not a tone of a BMF’
  • Middle Easy : Video – Drunk ‘Karen’ Tries to Pick a Fight with UFC Flyweight Star Maycee Barber
  • Middle Easy : UFC’s Bo Nickal Claps Back At Khamzat Chimaev, Vows To ‘Rag Doll’ Undefeated Star In Future Fight
  • Middle Easy : Jiri Prochazka Declines Jamahal Hill’s Challenge: ‘I’d Like to Fight for the Title’
  • Middle Easy : Jiri Prochazka Declines Jamahal Hill’s Challenge : ‘I’d Like to Fight for the Title’
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping explains why Sean Strickland has 'significant advantage' vs. Paulo Costa at UFC 302