Tapology Forums

Brock vs JDS - Unpredictable?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Thisisaedan
Thisisaedan
  • Predictions:  1,497  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11
  • Post Score: 9

04.26.2011 | 9:38 PM ET

Both of these men have enormous strengths and their fight vigor cannot be matched. Those who will hate on brock for being a WWE cross over will blatantly ignore the fact that his MMA career is extremely short and he has fought top competition. He continues to learn and evolve in this sport. JDS has a longer career in the fight world compared to Brock and he continues to grow in the sport.
I bring up a particular fight that JDS has been in as some evidence of him being in trouble. His match with CRO COP. That fight for some reason is viewed as one sided. I want those people who think that it was one sides to re-watch it. JDS was getting hit with some big shots and seemed to be in trouble but later figured out how to win. Cro Cop gave up later on in the fight but it showed some human aspect in JDS.

Brock has been labeled as a coward for not being "OKAY" with being smashed in the face. The point is, he doesn't have to get punched in the head to win. If he adapts Randy's style of fighting, matched with strength, i believe he can determine how any fight goes.

Responses

mapoirier22
mapoirier22
  • Predictions:  177  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  27
  • Post Score: 19

04.26.2011 | 9:41 PM ET

dos Santos is my favourite HW, I hope he'll win that one, but I'm not sure he's able to handle Brock's power wrestling

"Of old the expert in battle would first make himself invincible and then wait for his enemy to expose his vulnerability. ~ Sun Tzu"

skeet2b
skeet2b
  • Predictions:  8,330  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  1,703
  • Post Score: 158

04.26.2011 | 9:44 PM ET

After JDS couldnt stop nelson I kinda lost a lot of intrest in him, I think brock is gonna smash him like he did Mir

"A true champion, face to face with his darkest hour, will do whatever it takes to rise above. A man fights, and fights, and then fights some more. Because surrender is death, and death is for *******"

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

04.26.2011 | 9:48 PM ET

Only one fighter has ever been able to finish Roy though.  Roy is a tough SOB and can take a helluva punch. 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

zerohours
zerohours
  • Predictions:  499  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  180
  • Post Score: 41

04.26.2011 | 9:50 PM ET

I really want JDS to win this one. A Cain vs JDS 5 round title fight has the potential to be one of the greatest heavy weight fights to date. Sadly I think Brock Lesnars size, strength and wrestling capability is going to give him the win. I believe he is going to take him down early,JDS lacking a serious wrestling background makes me skeptical of him being able to get back up with the same ease as Cain. Once JDS is on the ground, with Brock on top of him, he is in for a loooonnnng night!

"Even though my spanish is rusty, yo my English is Olde, 40 down, grab yourself an ice cold Colt 45 feelin alive drunk as **** in the daylight ready to die"

Thisisaedan
Thisisaedan
  • Predictions:  1,497  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11
  • Post Score: 9

04.26.2011 | 9:54 PM ET

Best thing about Brock though is his dedication. He has all the skills and the money to bring in the top guys and train to get better. He isn't all about being a public figure because he is so reclusive (pre-TUF) and just seems like a really genuine guy that likes his space.

JDS is awesome and its a real shame that two of my favorite HW's will be fighting. Thats MMA though. JDS has a long career in front of him.

I think Brock will execute a solid game plan for this fight. He knows damn well this is his chance to do some damage and get back into title contention. I thought that fight with Cain was a fluke and i still do. He got clobbered with some heavy shots and just couldnt get back into it. His lack of instinct in covering up and getting back into it was his demise. I think he will learn from that mistake BIG TIME

JDS is in for a long night. Watch Brock allow JDS to come forward and counter-punch. Eventually he will figure out his timing and pull a SMOOTH double leg and from there its going to be a long night of getting back up to JDS's feet and then right back down to the mat. Its brocks fight to win.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! ‘Regretful’ Biter Breaks Silence
  • MMA Mania : An Elite Contender With Only One Combo
  • MMA Mania : ‘Come Over Here Real Quick, Win A Belt, Maybe Win Another Belt’
  • Middle Easy : Conor McGregor Plans To Continue Fighting Until He’s ‘In The F*cking Grave,’ Wants To Face Similar-Aged Opponents
  • Middle Easy : Khalil Rountree Jr Claims Fans Want To See Him Fight Alex Pereira, Doesn’t Care If Pereira Is Champion
  • MMAFighting.com : Vince McMahon unloads another $100 million of TKO Group Holdings stock
  • MMA Junkie : 'That's not who I am': Igor Severino apologizes for bite, hopes one mistake doesn't define career
  • MMA Mania : ‘A Big Spit In The Face Of All The Champions’
  • MMAFighting.com : Payton Talbott rejects Sean O’Malley comparisons after UFC Vegas 89: ‘I don’t want to be compared’
  • UFC.com : Joaquin Buckley: ‘This Is The Reason I’m Here’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’d love that fight’: Tszyu willing to face Spence next, talks fight with Fundora
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’d love that fight’: Tim Tszyu willing to face Errol Spence next, talks fight with Sebastian Fundora
  • MMA Junkie : 'Super happy' PFL season newcomer Mads Burnell explains excitement for fight schedule, new weight class
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor scoffs at retirement: ‘It’s to the motherf****** grave’
  • MMA Mania : Whittaker: Chimaev Fight ‘Came Out Of Nowhere’
  • MMA Junkie : Why 2022 PFL welterweight champ Sadibou Sy moved to light heavyweight for upcoming season
  • MMAFighting.com : Robert Whittaker reacts to Khamzat Chimaev fight at UFC Saudi Arabia: ‘It’s a bit of a shock’
  • MMA Mania : GSP ‘Would Have Put Khabib Down’
  • MMAFighting.com : Logan Paul reveals he had ‘suicidal thoughts’ amid CryptoZoo scandal fallout: ‘I was spiraling’
  • UFC.com : The State Of UFC During UFC 100 And 200