Tapology Forums

Is The Ultimate Fighter Really Necessary Anymore

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

KarateGuy
KarateGuy
  • Predictions:  79  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  28
  • Post Score: 121

10.18.2012 | 5:45 PM ET

The Ultimate Fighter is a show to find new talented fighters have them fight and bring some of them over to the UFC this also got people who didn't know a lot about MMA interested in the sport. The show has been declining for some time now what are your thoughts on this.

* Edited at 10.18.2012, 5:46 PM ET *

"Those who live by the sword are bound to be shot by those who don't."

Responses

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

10.18.2012 | 5:46 PM ET

The show is a joke now.

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

SRAOnline
SRAOnline
  • Predictions:  9,854  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,719
  • Post Score: 313

10.18.2012 | 6:00 PM ET

I think its just difficult to keep a format like that fresh and entertaining for so long.

There's only so much you can do with it.

"Pretend to be someone you're not once, and you're a liar. Do it every day, and you're a professional."

TraeBlack
TraeBlack
  • Predictions:  20,832  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  8,700
  • Post Score: 173

10.18.2012 | 6:06 PM ET

They really dont need TUF anymore. If they wanna get new, and exciting fighters, just ******* scout. Look at the mid tier organizations, and pick the best fighters of the divisions they have. The purpose of TUF is to have 1 fighter work his way up and win the "tournament" and get the contract, but next thing you know, half of the guys that were on the show that didnt make it, end up sticking around, and getting multiple fights in the UFC, sometimes eventually doing better then the person that won it years later. They dont need TUF, they just need to scout more exciting fighters, and sign them, and see what they can do.

"3HUNNA"

trevpicks
trevpicks
  • Predictions:  81,806  |  56.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,853
  • Post Score: 222

10.18.2012 | 6:32 PM ET

It's still a great way to get new talent a fan base before they fight in ufc but i think the ratings will continue to drop, i can't bring myself to tune in due to i can't stand watching the fighters in the house anymore, and the shananigans that always follow.
Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

10.18.2012 | 6:57 PM ET

That is why it's tough for me to watch it too @Trev... I will tune in once in a while to stay fresh on the fighters, but sometimes it hurts my brain.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

PatGallagher
PatGallagher
  • Predictions:  258  |  53.9%
  • Forum Posts:  18
  • Post Score: 272

10.18.2012 | 7:09 PM ET

I don't think its quite necessary anymore simply because most fighters on the show will at least fight once or twice in the UFC, as someone already mentioned they could scout other smaller orgs for new fighters plus (this is just my opinion) the caliber of fighter on the show seems to be getting lower. Many fighters from the first few series went on to have some good fights and become highly ranked fighters but as the seasons went on it just seems the fighters generally become low to middle tier fighters when they join the UFC. Peace out hombres 

"Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner
  • Predictions:  9,964  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,398
  • Post Score: 283

10.18.2012 | 7:15 PM ET

I would like to see another contender series. Just take some fighters from like a really stacked division and just have them do a tourney type format.

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : ‘I’m going in there to f— this man up’: Ryan Garcia’s final thoughts on Haney
  • Bad Left Hook : Bill Haney gifts Ryan Garcia ‘Psychology for Dummies’ book
  • MMA Junkie : Brennan Ward nostalgic for Bellator, but ready to wreak havoc in $1 million PFL season
  • MMA Mania : Latest UFC 303 Fight Card, PPV lineup
  • MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway mocks Ilia Topuria’s demands for potential fight: ‘That’s not a tone of a BMF’
  • Middle Easy : Video – Drunk ‘Karen’ Tries to Pick a Fight with UFC Flyweight Star Maycee Barber
  • Middle Easy : UFC’s Bo Nickal Claps Back At Khamzat Chimaev, Vows To ‘Rag Doll’ Undefeated Star In Future Fight
  • Middle Easy : Jiri Prochazka Declines Jamahal Hill’s Challenge: ‘I’d Like to Fight for the Title’
  • Middle Easy : Jiri Prochazka Declines Jamahal Hill’s Challenge : ‘I’d Like to Fight for the Title’
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping explains why Sean Strickland has 'significant advantage' vs. Paulo Costa at UFC 302
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia press conference video
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia press conference video live now
  • Middle Easy : T.J. Dillashaw Confident Jon Jones Would ‘Easily’ Outwrestle Alex Pereira in Potential Heavyweight Clash
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Haney Vs Garcia Press Conference Video!
  • MMA Junkie : Robert Whittaker: Bo Nickal has 'some work to do' before he's ready for top-10 fights
  • UFC.com : UFC UNFILTERED | Arman Tsarukyan & Renato Moicano Talk Wins At UFC 300
  • Middle Easy : UFC 300: Robert Whittaker Reveals Key Factors That Led To Jamahal Hill’s KO Loss vs. Alex Pereira
  • MMA Mania : Ilia Ultimatum: Defend ‘BMF’ Belt Or I Rematch Volks!
  • UFC.com : UFC Performance Institute In Mexico City Celebrates Inaugural Academy Combine
  • UFC.com : Where We Stand: Lightweight Division | April 2024