Tapology Forums

Next MMA video game?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

michigandolphin
michigandolphin
  • Predictions:  25,001  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,973
  • Post Score: 261

04.23.2011 | 12:12 AM ET

So i know they are not making another UFC game until next year. They are going to be Bi-annually released. Since Zuffa has obtained SF and having merged UFC and WEC, what would you guys LIKE to see happen for the next game? Also, what do you think WILL happen?

"Frig off, bud"

Responses

LynxGuy
LynxGuy
  • Predictions:  1,054  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,120
  • Post Score: 138

04.23.2011 | 1:04 AM ET

I'd like to see the UFC team up with EA because I thought EA MMA was a much better game than UFC Undisputed, but it doesn't seem to matter unless they've got the big names on their roster.  I don't like UFC Undisputed because I don't like pushing buttons to throw punches and kicks.  I prefer swinging the joystick around on EA MMA.  Also if Zuffa were to leave THQ and go with EA, they'd be able to have just about any MMA fighter you can think of in the same game.  If they stick with THQ and keep making "UFC" Undisputed it will probably continue to be just UFC fighters.

No clue what's going to happen, but I'm thinking the UFC will stick with THQ until they gobble up Strikeforce.  If that happens I fear for EA.  I think they've got the much better game, they just need the roster.  Will be interesting to see what happens.

"Don't be scared, homie." - Nick Diaz

geezhound
geezhound
  • Predictions:  6,745  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,297
  • Post Score: 193

04.23.2011 | 2:09 AM ET

From what I understand, EA turned down the UFC when they wanted TAPOUT made because they said an MMA game wouldn't sell, so(if that's true) I don't see EA ever making a Zuffa product.
Personally, I like Undisputed better than EA MMA anyway.

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

MikeAWhitney
MikeAWhitney
  • Predictions:  271  |  60.9%
  • Forum Posts:  252
  • Post Score: 50

04.23.2011 | 2:49 AM ET

Undisputed was way better than EA MMA there were some things in EA MMA that were better but I heard that EA MMA is still gonna be created and that UFC Undisputed next year and that its gonna be delayed.
kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

04.23.2011 | 3:34 AM ET

I prefer EA MMA. just didnt like undisputed.

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

RWLawman
RWLawman
  • Predictions:  2,583  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,053
  • Post Score: 173

04.23.2011 | 10:37 PM ET

EA MMA was a way better game.  Love the total punch control, a la the Fight Night series.  Button mashing is not my thing, unless I'm playing Tekken.  For MMA, it's just very frustrating.  Also, the career mode in EA MMA was leagues beyond the UFC game.  I would love to see EA Sports and UFC come together for a video game, because between the wide variety of fighters, and the convenient game play of EA Sports, it would be an incredible game.

" "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars." - Khalil Gibran "

slapedurmomsace
slapedurmomsace
  • Predictions:  879  |  59.6%
  • Forum Posts:  62
  • Post Score: 47

04.23.2011 | 11:15 PM ET

Enjoyed Undisputed more. There's no reason for the fight classes to have a ton more fighters to choose from. Honestly I like to see improvements as in career mode with an actual Zuffa fighter, and for my own amusement I'd like to see a create a pay per view mode.

"Jackson the JRT..the original Rampage!!"

jersey0525
jersey0525
  • Predictions:  2,766  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,536
  • Post Score: 188

04.24.2011 | 1:26 AM ET

1st...being the resident mma geek AND gaming nerd..i'll take it from here..lol

2nd, EA MMA is dead..whether u liked it or not is irrelevant at this point..because the sales were the ****tiest of almost anything EA did... their career mode, better than UFC, couldn't make up for the lack of brand name.

C.... EA DID shun the UFC and DID call them "not a sport"..so dana HATES EA about as much as he hated Fedor and Kimbo..pre owning them.

4th..i would LOVE to see additional weight classes, the addition of a playable WEC and SF card, a career mode that features the ability to Choose between the WEC and SF, working ur way up the ranks on the show, being champ, defending belt a few times, then getting the call from DANA... and then the fights get really hard and u feel like u've acomplished something EVERYTIME u win...that'd b awesome!

E... i also know that in june theres gonna b a game called "supremecy MMA" that is rated M and for good reason...as its basically the underground bloodfest that the ignorant politicians make the UFC out to be.

"im an OT (ORIGINAL TAPOLOGIST), I used to write for cagepages.com. NO ONE CAN TAKE THAT LEFT HAND SHOT"

RWLawman
RWLawman
  • Predictions:  2,583  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,053
  • Post Score: 173

04.24.2011 | 8:50 AM ET

Like the numbering system in your post, jersey. 

I heard about that Supremacy MMA game coming out.  Surprisingly, Jens Pulver is backing it, which I thought was strange because of the way that it negatively portrays the sport.  The game play and graphics look pretty horrible though, so I doubt it'll sell very well.

" "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars." - Khalil Gibran "

skeet2b
skeet2b
  • Predictions:  8,330  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  1,703
  • Post Score: 158

04.26.2011 | 9:58 PM ET

I personally like the UFC game a lot better than the EA game just because of the people you could pick to fight, I hope they combine all the fighters so UFC fighters can fight SF fighters

"A true champion, face to face with his darkest hour, will do whatever it takes to rise above. A man fights, and fights, and then fights some more. Because surrender is death, and death is for *******"

Thisisaedan
Thisisaedan
  • Predictions:  1,497  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11
  • Post Score: 9

04.26.2011 | 10:03 PM ET

No reason to change the controls. The controls are very easy to understand.

What needs to happen is a feature that allows you to bi-pass the tale of the tape, and allowance or automatic rematches if desired. I hated waiting rematching after watching the knockout angles.

The amount of fighters would be increased and that is fine. I liked UFC undisputed. Keep it similar.
WinningOne
WinningOne
  • Predictions:  256  |  64.8%
  • Forum Posts:  242
  • Post Score: 58

04.27.2011 | 12:43 AM ET

They should add Pride mode, plus add in Pride, SF, and WEC guys. Have open weight, soccer kicks and all that fun stuff. You know, the stuff the don't do in the UFC?

"“I will knock your hair black” – Ken Shamrock to Ortiz"

billy
billy
  • Predictions:  391  |  57.3%
  • Forum Posts:  145
  • Post Score: 16

04.27.2011 | 1:50 AM ET

If there will be Pride mode there needs to be Yamma mode.

"proving to daddy that i'm no fool"

jesty94
jesty94
  • Predictions:  117  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  21
  • Post Score: 0

04.27.2011 | 1:55 AM ET

The next UFC undisputed game will be out for PS3 and Xbox 360 this december that is there target date. i like the ufc's gamplay but i do not like the career at all the stat decaying is brutal and it gets boring once you win the title.

"Directed to receivers who play football "think of the football as your girlfriends tits then maybe you would stop droping the F****** ball""

geezhound
geezhound
  • Predictions:  6,745  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,297
  • Post Score: 193

04.27.2011 | 2:01 AM ET

The stat-decay feature definitely turned me off to the career mode. I thought it was completely unnecessary and absurd.

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

macciefresh
macciefresh
  • Predictions:  393  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  154
  • Post Score: 98

04.27.2011 | 6:49 AM ET

I look at it like this, EA game sucked a$$ big time. Fighters gassed too much too easy. Now i play the new fight night alot and love it so i figure the next game should be like this.

1. Fight night boxing controls, with undisputed grappling and submission controls.
2. Lack of the flash knockouts in undisputed, way too much of them almost one of every two fights, completely      unrealistic.
3. A way for fighters in career mode to make it up through ameatuer, to smaller organisations like wec the strikeforce champ, with the ultimate goal to becoming the ufc champion. which is able to happen now because of the merger.
4. Also as a fun training mode, they should include the ultimate fighter with mixture of coaches giving a proper tutorial to the game and its controls

"Listen, you ******* fringe, if I throw a dog a bone, I don't want to know if it tastes good or not. You stop me again whilst I'm walking, and I'll cut your ******* Jacobs off. "

zerohours
zerohours
  • Predictions:  499  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  180
  • Post Score: 41

04.27.2011 | 7:05 AM ET

I got UFC throwdown (2002) UFC Undisputed 2009, and 2010 as well as EA MMA. I have spent a lot of hours playing each. The first time I played EA I was super disappointed over the whole grappling system and almost completely lost interest in the entire game. Fortunatly I picked it up again because it is now my favourite MMA game to date! Granted it has some MAJOR flaws, particularly with the ground game, but also in many other places, however it's wicked striking system, and awsome graphics put it a head of the UFC games in my books. UFC will always have the best roster, which is even now way better considering the SF buy, so I hope they can reach some sort of agreement with EA. I know that this is unlikely, as there is a bit of bad blood between Dana and EA, also I am sure there must be a strong contract agreement between Zuffa and THQ for atleast another Undisputed video game.

"Even though my spanish is rusty, yo my English is Olde, 40 down, grab yourself an ice cold Colt 45 feelin alive drunk as **** in the daylight ready to die"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! ‘Regretful’ Biter Breaks Silence
  • MMA Mania : An Elite Contender With Only One Combo
  • MMA Mania : ‘Come Over Here Real Quick, Win A Belt, Maybe Win Another Belt’
  • Middle Easy : Conor McGregor Plans To Continue Fighting Until He’s ‘In The F*cking Grave,’ Wants To Face Similar-Aged Opponents
  • Middle Easy : Khalil Rountree Jr Claims Fans Want To See Him Fight Alex Pereira, Doesn’t Care If Pereira Is Champion
  • MMAFighting.com : Vince McMahon unloads another $100 million of TKO Group Holdings stock
  • MMA Junkie : 'That's not who I am': Igor Severino apologizes for bite, hopes one mistake doesn't define career
  • MMA Mania : ‘A Big Spit In The Face Of All The Champions’
  • MMAFighting.com : Payton Talbott rejects Sean O’Malley comparisons after UFC Vegas 89: ‘I don’t want to be compared’
  • UFC.com : Joaquin Buckley: ‘This Is The Reason I’m Here’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’d love that fight’: Tszyu willing to face Spence next, talks fight with Fundora
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’d love that fight’: Tim Tszyu willing to face Errol Spence next, talks fight with Sebastian Fundora
  • MMA Junkie : 'Super happy' PFL season newcomer Mads Burnell explains excitement for fight schedule, new weight class
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor scoffs at retirement: ‘It’s to the motherf****** grave’
  • MMA Mania : Whittaker: Chimaev Fight ‘Came Out Of Nowhere’
  • MMA Junkie : Why 2022 PFL welterweight champ Sadibou Sy moved to light heavyweight for upcoming season
  • MMAFighting.com : Robert Whittaker reacts to Khamzat Chimaev fight at UFC Saudi Arabia: ‘It’s a bit of a shock’
  • MMA Mania : GSP ‘Would Have Put Khabib Down’
  • MMAFighting.com : Logan Paul reveals he had ‘suicidal thoughts’ amid CryptoZoo scandal fallout: ‘I was spiraling’
  • UFC.com : The State Of UFC During UFC 100 And 200