Topic: Off Topic

Slow Day in MMA News, Lets Talk about US!

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

04.13.2011 | 11:49 AM ET

Since it's a slow day in the world of MMA, I thought it would be cool to talk about Tapology and ourselves.. anything at all regarding the same.  I'll get a brief start going..

I live in PA, am 30 and have been a fan of MMA since I was a teenager.  Work for the railroad and rarely ever miss an event regardless of promotion/stature.  I like Tapology b/c of the environment it fosters.  I wish we could edit/delete our posts... maybe have categories of threads for the forums, but all in all, I appreciate the type of place this is thus far. 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

Responses Page 2

minotauro11
minotauro11
  • Predictions:  2,483  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  4,493
  • Post Score: 148

04.13.2011 | 6:56 PM ET

I've been an MMA die hard since the Pride days, I got into MMA in the earlier Pride/UFC days through my brother and a few friends, i don't remember the exact events or anything. Pride is my all-time favorite organization, right now my favorite is UFC, as it has all the biggest names. I also love Strikeforce, Bellator, all JMMA and I'm liking Tachi Palace Fights more and more. 

"We Are All One"

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

04.13.2011 | 7:07 PM ET

I'm 28 living in Colorado where I play semi-professional football....watched some MMA tapes back in middle school and really enjoyed it, but never really got into it then...i loved boxing and followed that forever...UFC 69 was the first PPV I ever watched live and havn't missed many since...Been to one live event WEC 51 in Broomfield, CO...Had a chance to go to UFC 71 when I was living in Vegas, but thats a long story!

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

Kalibo
Kalibo

04.13.2011 | 7:12 PM ET

I'd love to hear that story soccerkick!

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

04.13.2011 | 7:18 PM ET

Believe me when I think about it now I wonder why I couldn't have just "jumped on a granade" one more night to get the tickets!

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

04.13.2011 | 7:29 PM ET

I like lasagna

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

RWLawman
RWLawman
  • Predictions:  2,583  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,053
  • Post Score: 173

04.13.2011 | 9:58 PM ET

Not much to say really, other than what's listed on my profile.  I'm originally from Buffalo, NY, and now I live in VA where I work in law enforcement.  I have been a police officer for over 4 years, and have been training in martial arts for more than 12 years.  I'm currently training for my amateur MMA debut on May 21, but I've competed in open tournaments and grappling tournaments in the past.  My ultimate goal is to finish a successful career in law enforcement and then teach defensive tactics and martial arts to military, law enforcement, and civilians.

" "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars." - Khalil Gibran "

OldManGloom
OldManGloom
  • Predictions:  109,651  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  9,505
  • Post Score: 254

04.13.2011 | 10:12 PM ET

I love this site!  A friend at work, @Samson, bugged me for about three weeks about joining this site before I finally visited, and I wish I would have listened sooner!

Anyway, I'm 32 as of this past monday and have been a fan of MMA since around 2005ish.  I live on the west side of The Mitten (Michigan) and am a granite fabricator with a double batchelors (thanks for the six years of partying mom and dad!)  My b-day gift to myself (over about 3 months) was every Pride event on DVD.  And my parents got me the best gift ever, one month unlimited at the new BJJ place that opened near my house.

"When the system fails you you create your own system."

kallousklown
kallousklown

04.13.2011 | 10:16 PM ET

I like sleeping

Kalibo
Kalibo

04.13.2011 | 11:08 PM ET

Are you just trying to get a high post count Kallous? 

@Rwlawman.. what part of VA?  I was born in VA, lived there several years and even went to college there.

geezhound
geezhound
  • Predictions:  6,745  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,297
  • Post Score: 193

04.13.2011 | 11:13 PM ET

38, PA, Federal law enforcement, First MMA experience: I was stationed at Ft Stewart, GA and we had just gotten cable installed in the barracks. We saw a commercial for UFC 2 and my room-dogs and I threw in on the PPV that weekend. We were blown away to say the least and I've only missed events if I was deployed or in the field for training. Otherwise, I've seen all but about 20 UFCs live on PPV.

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

OldManGloom
OldManGloom
  • Predictions:  109,651  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  9,505
  • Post Score: 254

04.13.2011 | 11:18 PM ET

@geezhound thank you for your service and congrats on the blue belt.  And I'm very jealous of your viewing habits.

"When the system fails you you create your own system."

Piercerdan
Piercerdan
  • Predictions:  22,693  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,987
  • Post Score: 212

04.14.2011 | 12:35 AM ET

Im just about to turn 30, living in calgary now.  Been a fan since the late 90s.  I watched a couple of the very first ufc on ppv because at the time i thought they were the same as wwf events.  I then later watched a bunch of them because jumbo video in london ontario had them. Watched off an on for the next couple years then the explosion of the internet really peeked my interest in pride.  I loved the pride vs ufc days of mma and have every pride even at home.
I work at a tattoo shop and when theres down time im either watching old fights or on here.
I used to frequent sherdog but i got really sick of the trolls and the this fighter sucks threads.  I also cant stand all the roid accusations on that site.  I found this site because of the advert in a thread on sherdog about the 1000$ prize offer for picking the fights.  Huge fan of it right away.
I love the site and im thankful for the hard work that i dont understand that keeps it running and improving :)

"Fact: knowledge or info based on real occurrences, opinion: a belief held with confidence not substantiated by proof."

Kalibo
Kalibo

04.14.2011 | 1:15 AM ET

Agree with you Piercedan on that "other site".  I am a member of almost 5 years there and still a white belt!  Anywho... I hope more of us keep contributing to this thread.. I enjoy reading all of your stories.

michigandolphin
michigandolphin
  • Predictions:  25,001  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,973
  • Post Score: 261

04.14.2011 | 1:36 AM ET

This is really a cool thread @Kalibo! It makes it a little more special since the site is still in its younger stage. It's small, intimate, and full of well spoken, respectful MkMA fans. I am truly grateful that I have an outlet that I can turn to with questions, or discussion topics on anything MMA. I don't want to site bash, but there isn't another site out there that can even hold a candle to what we have here on tapology. I really appreciate the way we all handle ourselves. Nothing irks me more, when on other sites, if you have a serious question, or a topic you want discussed, within 3 or 4 posts, someone is either a troll, or an absolute F**K. I hope we can all continue to keep the demeanor that we've come to expect as Tapology continues to flourish and grow. Thanks again @jeremy and @gregory, and to all you guys who are on here on a regular basis answering questions and helping inform the rest of us about upcoming events and fighter or promotional news. 

"Frig off, bud"

michigandolphin
michigandolphin
  • Predictions:  25,001  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,973
  • Post Score: 261

04.14.2011 | 1:36 AM ET

sorry about the book lol.

"Frig off, bud"

kallousklown
kallousklown

04.14.2011 | 1:50 AM ET

So if and when the site largely expands, id like to consider myself one of the "originals". Ill be proud to remember when the site was still in these developing stages.

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

04.14.2011 | 2:26 AM ET

And as Gregory or Jeremy said, a huge part of the reason these forums are so pleasant right now is because the community is policing itself. There are always going to be a few bad apples, but they won't spoil the whole bunch if you guys keep handling yourselves like you are now.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

geezhound
geezhound
  • Predictions:  6,745  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,297
  • Post Score: 193

04.14.2011 | 2:42 AM ET

Like michigandolphin said, I've posted more in 1 month here than I have in 5 years on Sherdog due to the massive amount of d-baggery going on there.

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

yankees1
yankees1
  • Predictions:  1,056  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  321
  • Post Score: 86

04.14.2011 | 2:45 AM ET

@kallousklown I feel the same way.

"Jones: I'm sure Shogun poops like I poop. "

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero
  • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,396
  • Post Score: 240

04.14.2011 | 2:47 AM ET

screw strikeforce vs ufc............tapology vs sherdog....awwww yeah!!! haha........but i would dislike this because tapology....it is a peaceful nation with wise opinions....hopefully it'll stay like this. 

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Sean Strickland claims ‘Canada threatened to pull me’ from UFC 297, teases move to boxing
  • MMA Mania : Mac: UFC ‘Prestige’ Makes Up For Lower Pay
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Atlantic City weigh-in video
  • UFC.com : Weigh-In Results | UFC Atlantic City
  • Bad Left Hook : Valdez vs Wilson: Live updates and results, 6:10 pm ET
  • The Athletic : UFC featherweight champion Ilia Topuria says title fight at Santiago Bernabéu Stadium ‘very, very, very possible’
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! ‘Regretful’ Biter Breaks Silence
  • MMA Mania : An Elite Contender With Only One Combo
  • MMA Mania : ‘Come Over Here Real Quick, Win A Belt, Maybe Win Another Belt’
  • Middle Easy : Conor McGregor Plans To Continue Fighting Until He’s ‘In The F*cking Grave,’ Wants To Face Similar-Aged Opponents
  • Middle Easy : Khalil Rountree Jr Claims Fans Want To See Him Fight Alex Pereira, Doesn’t Care If Pereira Is Champion
  • MMAFighting.com : Vince McMahon unloads another $100 million of TKO Group Holdings stock
  • MMA Junkie : 'That's not who I am': Igor Severino apologizes for bite, hopes one mistake doesn't define career
  • MMA Mania : ‘A Big Spit In The Face Of All The Champions’
  • MMAFighting.com : Payton Talbott rejects Sean O’Malley comparisons after UFC Vegas 89: ‘I don’t want to be compared’
  • UFC.com : Joaquin Buckley: ‘This Is The Reason I’m Here’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’d love that fight’: Tszyu willing to face Spence next, talks fight with Fundora
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’d love that fight’: Tim Tszyu willing to face Errol Spence next, talks fight with Sebastian Fundora
  • MMA Junkie : 'Super happy' PFL season newcomer Mads Burnell explains excitement for fight schedule, new weight class
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor scoffs at retirement: ‘It’s to the motherf****** grave’