Topic: Other Combat Sports

Tapology Talks Boxing

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner
  • Predictions:  9,964  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,398
  • Post Score: 283

09.08.2012 | 11:54 PM ET

I am surprised that no one has started this thread yet.

I know this is an MMA website but I bet that there are some Boxing Fans out there.

I just love the sport of fighting in general and I have been raised by boxing.

So in this Thread we can discuss the "Sweet Science"

such as
Past Fights
Upcoming Events
Favorite Fighters
and Historical Figures in the Sport

Because like MMA in the US, Boxing started out illegal. But where it took MMA less than 25 years to gain the General populations approval, It took boxing over 100 years.

Discuss and have fun.

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

Responses Page 71

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

11.28.2018 | 11:17 PM ET

Wilder seems very intimidated to me. Everytime they meet face to face
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

11.28.2018 | 11:41 PM ET

@Free he definitely knows he's up against it. I actually can't believe Fury is the dog. There's money to be made there.
This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 1 week, 7 hours, and 38 minutes from now.
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

11.28.2018 | 11:47 PM ET

@fish I thought the same. However wilder may be the hardest puncher ever next to foreman. He reminds me of foreman cause his technique when he throws looks so weird. And like foreman the reaction of the guys hd hits is almost comical. Pure devestation. But if anyone can make him miss and pay for it it's fury. I dont think wilder will catch him with his power. By the way what r the odds?
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

11.29.2018 | 12:17 AM ET

Nah, neither wilder nor foreman hit as hard as Shavers. In his prime if he hit people even half clean they were done instantly. His power was utterly ungodly. George Foreman refused to fight him, Frazer too ( Frazier told him privately 'no way Earnie, you hit too hard'). Even Ali waited until he was past his prime to get in the ring with him and he very, very nearly got KO'ed by Earnie. Both Ali and Lyle have both stated that he was far and away the hardest puncher they have ever felt, as has Norton. 68 of his 74 wins were by KO/TKO.

P4P Julian Jackson was the hardest puncher of all time IMO. That said I wouldn't want to get hit by Wilder or Foreman, not even on the gloves. Foreman was definitely a much classier boxer than wilder too but yeah, they are definitely both sluggers. So was shavers.

* Edited at 11.29.2018, 12:18 AM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 1 week, 7 hours, and 38 minutes from now.
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

11.29.2018 | 12:39 AM ET

I'm an Ali shill and I'm not even gonna deny what @Fish said.....man could KO a concrete wall.

This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 6 months, 1 week, 6 days, 20 hours, and 53 minutes from now.
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

11.29.2018 | 12:41 AM ET

commissions would straight up check Earnies gloves before and after a fight.....his power was unreal. 

Everybody noticed Foremans power....few recognized his level of defense. Understood "reach" more so than almost any other fighter in history. 

* Edited at 11.29.2018, 12:43 AM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 6 months, 1 week, 6 days, 20 hours, and 53 minutes from now.
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

11.29.2018 | 1:09 AM ET

This is what Fury was meant to do. This is what Fury was built to do. This is his life. This is his time.

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

11.29.2018 | 1:16 AM ET

Fury to me is a GIANT version of Jersey Joe. His footwork & movement wouldn't work for anyone else.

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

11.29.2018 | 2:55 AM ET

We forgot mike tyson too. Perhaps the hardest puncher ever. Shavers is up there too no doubt. Guess we'll nevrr really know. Did they have punching machines back then?
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

11.29.2018 | 4:30 AM ET

Sugar Ray Robinson probably deserves an honorable mention too, at least on the P4P list of hardest hitters. He literally killed a man with one punch. I would say that though because I'm a remorseless SRR ****rider and refuse to believe that anyone was, is or ever will be as good.

Anyway, Ali said 'Earnie hit me so hard it shook my kinfolk back in Africa'.  Larry Holmes said Shavers hit harder than anyone he ever fought, and he also fought Tyson. George Foreman said 'I never fought Earnie Shavers, thank god'. Tyson was a much better Boxer, and he was better at breaking his opponent's guard. He landed more, but he didn't land as Heavy. Shavers was much less likely to hit his opponent but if he did it was catastrophic.

Earnie was  farmhand. Basically from the time he could walk, all he did was chop down trees and throw bails of hay from sunrise to sunset. His muscle memory and sheer size were probably responsible for his KO power.

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

11.29.2018 | 1:25 PM ET

Respectbto all the farm boys and girls.
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

11.30.2018 | 4:41 PM ET

Anybody see gipsy king slipping and sliding at the last presser.
He slipped straight into wilder's pointing finger.
If he does that in the fight he's gonna get knocked the **** out.
Gipsy king is making me worry.
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

11.30.2018 | 4:50 PM ET

I hadn't noticed that, no. Was too busy noticing Wilders insecurities coming to life. 
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

11.30.2018 | 5:03 PM ET

I feel the same but gipsy king still hasn't looked as good as he was yet.
I had gipsy king winning since the begining but I wont be surprised if wilder wins either.
I think they're both better then joshua. The two best heavyweights right now. No doubt. 
Its a real boxing superfight not a golden boy scam.
hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner
  • Predictions:  9,964  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,398
  • Post Score: 283

12.02.2018 | 9:15 AM ET

Is it just me or does anyone else think that after last night, Joshua couldn't beat either Fury or Wilder?

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

zarog
zarog
  • Predictions:  2,855  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,174
  • Post Score: 241

12.02.2018 | 10:14 AM ET

Nah. I think the same way hdmex, but I thought that prior to the fight as well. Joshua needs to fight both though. Joshua has already beaten Whyte, Povetkin & Parker, which basically leaves Ortiz, Fury, and Wilder as the only top competition that Joshua hasn't already beaten. I suppose there a few other guys that I wouldn't hate seeing him fight, but there just aren't that many legitimate threats for Joshua. 

"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?" - Captain America

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

12.02.2018 | 7:56 PM ET

I've never thought Joshua would beat Wilder or fury. He's pretty overrated TBH and his best win is old man klitchsko who very nearly put him out. Povetkin isn't a real HW and he's long in the tooth. Joshua doesn't have Fury's footwork. He will get hit, and I've already seen what happens when he eats a big one clean. Getting hit by wilder is a different deal than getting by Wlad.

Still think Tyson won the fight and I'd pick him again in the rematch, which I think he would win easily. That was his first fight in nearly three years and he had to start froim 0. Really all he had to do was dance around in the twelfth and he would have been home and hosed. He's actually a much better inside fighter and should have utilized this more. The one time he did ( think it was the third) Deontay had no answer. Fury should have payed more attention to the Wilder Ortiz fight.

* Edited at 12.02.2018, 8:02 PM ET *

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

12.03.2018 | 5:48 PM ET

Whatta great fight! I sure hope the rematch happens next b4 either fights joshua.
The judges where clearly told u judge fury the win u give it to wilder and u make it a tie.
We all know that I guess. Rematch was too profitable for them to pass up. I'll bet thats the most profitable heavyweight fight in a long time. If gipsy king falls off the map and gets ****** up again i'll be heart broken.
Hope that fight happens no later then next year. Six months from now if we are lucky.
zarog
zarog
  • Predictions:  2,855  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,174
  • Post Score: 241

12.08.2018 | 12:32 AM ET

Anyone gonna watch Lomachenko vs. Pedraza tomorrow?

"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?" - Captain America

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

12.08.2018 | 12:35 AM ET

Hopefully! 

Page 71

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Georges St-Pierre Believes He ‘Would Have Beat’ Khabib in Rumored Superfight, Reveals His MMA GOATs
  • UFC.com : Erin Blanchfield Is Having A Full-Circle Moment
  • UFC.com : Manon Fiorot Has Gold On Her Mind
  • Middle Easy : Brendan Schaub Calls Conor McGregor The ‘Most Underpaid Athlete’ of All Time: ‘No One Wants to Hear This’
  • MMA Mania : Adesanya ‘Ready To Go’ For DDP Fight At UFC 305
  • MMAFighting.com : Alexander Shabliy ‘not fully sure’ Usman Nurmagomedov fight happening, still awaiting contract and terms from PFL
  • MMA Junkie : Tim Welch: Merab Dvalishvili never fought someone like Sean O'Malley, 'who can put your lights out, one punch'
  • Bad Left Hook : Juan Francisco Estrada vs Bam Rodriguez official for June 29
  • Middle Easy : Dana White Makes Promise to His Children That Infamous Wife-Slapping Incident ‘Will Never Happen Again’
  • MMA Junkie : Georges St-Pierre reveals what his strategy would have been vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Thought I Had Cancer’
  • MMA Junkie : Maycee Barber fires back at Erin Blanchfield for calling her pathetic: 'Erin fought my leftovers'
  • MMA Junkie : Conor McGregor opens up about fighting future: 'It's to the grave'
  • Bad Left Hook : Walters turns back clock, beats Adorno in ProBox main event
  • Bad Left Hook : Nicholas Walters turns back clock, beats Joseph Adorno in ProBox main event
  • Middle Easy : Georges St-Pierre Reveals Why He Retired: ‘I Thought Maybe I Had Cancer’
  • MMA Mania : White Vows Wife Slap ‘Will Never Happen Again’
  • MMAFighting.com : Heck of a Morning: Reaction to Robert Whittaker vs. Khamzat Chimaev headlining UFC Saudi Arabia
  • Bad Left Hook : Cuadras out, Moloney vs Guevara set for May 12
  • Bad Left Hook : Carlos Cuadras out, Andrew Moloney vs Pedro Guevara set for May 12