Tapology Forums

Working his way back in?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

rwilkerson15
rwilkerson15
  • Predictions:  2,003  |  58.0%
  • Forum Posts:  15
  • Post Score: 193

04.12.2011 | 8:02 PM ET

The talks of Strikeforce & the UFC joining forces is as of right now just talk, but IF it were to happen, is Paul "Semtex" Daley one of the fighters who stays if said merger happens? The reason i ask is because of the cheap shot incident with Josh Koscheck & Dana White said that he's never coming back to the UFC.

"Say Word..."

Responses

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

04.12.2011 | 8:07 PM ET

If there was a merger I think Daley is as good as gone from Zuffa...Had he beaten Diaz it'd be different...Daley needs to force Zuffa to keep him and other then winning a title I don't see any other way it happens

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

LynxGuy
LynxGuy
  • Predictions:  1,054  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,120
  • Post Score: 138

04.12.2011 | 8:11 PM ET

I think Daley's only chance of making it back into the UFC went out the window when Diaz knocked him out.

"Don't be scared, homie." - Nick Diaz

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

04.12.2011 | 8:16 PM ET

Both Dana and Scott said that there would be an eventual merger.  Daley will get atleast one more fight with SF and that will possibly settle his situation.  Daley vs. Cyborg anyone?

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

04.12.2011 | 8:57 PM ET

If he doesn't, theres always bellator, mfc, bamma.

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

Dannotheman
Dannotheman
  • Predictions:  9,433  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,406

04.12.2011 | 9:01 PM ET

@Kalibo  Cyborg is probably fighting Saffiedine next.

Maybe Daley vs Woodley?

"God please give me patience, if you give me strength I will just punch them in the face."

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

04.12.2011 | 9:12 PM ET

Im guessing Diaz would fight Woodley next. im sure Daley would get wrestled by Tyron.

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

WinningOne
WinningOne
  • Predictions:  256  |  64.8%
  • Forum Posts:  242
  • Post Score: 58

04.12.2011 | 9:20 PM ET

Just because Dana says someone is never fighting in the UFC again doesn't mean it always happens (Karo), If they do merge I could see everybody on the SF roster getting another chance. But thats just my opinion.

"“I will knock your hair black” – Ken Shamrock to Ortiz"

OldManGloom
OldManGloom
  • Predictions:  109,651  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  9,505
  • Post Score: 254

04.12.2011 | 10:50 PM ET

Maybe Zuffa will keep Strikeforce alive and use it's challengers format to develop talent.  They could leave Daley there as a gatekeeper, and a fairly high level one at that.

"When the system fails you you create your own system."

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

04.12.2011 | 11:26 PM ET

Beat Daley and get a a shot in the UFC perfect!

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

geezhound
geezhound
  • Predictions:  6,745  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,297

04.12.2011 | 11:51 PM ET

We'll know for sure how Zuffa feels about Daley when we see his next opponent.

If it's a tune-up fight to raise his self esteem, they want to keep him.
If it's Tyron Woodley, they want him gone because Daley will get mauled.

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

Kalibo
Kalibo

04.12.2011 | 11:52 PM ET

And if it is Woodley, then you know they are probably moving a UFC fighter over to fight Diaz.  I don't think there is anyone else is there?  We'd know for sure then.. your're right.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

geezhound
geezhound
  • Predictions:  6,745  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,297

04.13.2011 | 12:00 AM ET

Honestly, if it's not Cyborg, Saffiedine or Woodley then who could it realistically be?

Nathan Coy? He held his own against Woodley.. and in my opinion won that fight.
Nate Moore? Would be a great slugfest.

The pickins' are kinda' slim.

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

Mizder
Mizder
  • Predictions:  620  |  66.1%
  • Forum Posts:  20
  • Post Score: 45

04.13.2011 | 2:04 AM ET

i dont like daley it has nothing to do with him punching kos after their fight i just have never liked him so i hope he gets woodley in his next fight and gets pummeled to oblivion **** him
Mizder
Mizder
  • Predictions:  620  |  66.1%
  • Forum Posts:  20
  • Post Score: 45

04.13.2011 | 2:05 AM ET

just realized i forgot to put that i hate koscheck too

jeremy
jeremy
  • Predictions:  1,062  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  819
  • Post Score: 168

04.13.2011 | 10:44 AM ET

there are only a couple of guys i don't think we'll see again the ufc under any circumstances.  daley is one of them.  barnett is the other that comes to mind.

he should have a couple more good fights in strikeforce before they fold the tent on it, though.  i like the daley vs. cyborg suggestion @kalib.

"Damn right I like the life I live / Cause I went from negative to positive."

Kalibo
Kalibo

04.13.2011 | 10:50 AM ET

It would be quite a war imo @Jeremy.  You bring up a godo point too... everyone is talking about Daley and whether or not he'll be back in the UFC... Someone should make a new thread about the Barnett situation... that is a long history there.

jeremy
jeremy
  • Predictions:  1,062  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  819
  • Post Score: 168

04.13.2011 | 10:59 AM ET

there are a few cases where dana's backed himself into a corner with what he's said, and he'll lose face if he caves. daley is case number one. dana won't let him back in the octagon just on principle. at the same time, daley was one of the only guys to come out and obnoxiously spout off again when he heard the news of the purchase, so it's not like he's trying to play nice on his end either.

i've always felt that daley was a good fighter, but didn't justify the early hype he had coming in to the ufc.  it was mostly joe rogan who was responsible for building him up. when daley came in for the first time against martin kampmann, he already had 8 losses on his record, most of them in smaller promotions like cage rage and mfc. but joe was talking about how daley was the greatest striker in the ufc, this and that, and it really put daley on the map. i'd be happy to see him in the ufc but it's not a situation like fedor, melendez or overeem where the guy is so good that the ufc loses out by his absence.

"Damn right I like the life I live / Cause I went from negative to positive."

zerohours
zerohours
  • Predictions:  499  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  180
  • Post Score: 41

04.13.2011 | 11:04 AM ET

Barnetts finishing position in the HW grandprix will determine his future in Zuffa. Yeah there is obvious a long history of Barnett ******* up, but when it comes down to it doing well in the tournement will get him back in the public eye, he is a great talker on the mic as well so he could promote a fight and pack some asses in seats. Plus maybe Dana will give him some props for destroying Affliction.

"Even though my spanish is rusty, yo my English is Olde, 40 down, grab yourself an ice cold Colt 45 feelin alive drunk as **** in the daylight ready to die"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Latest UFC Saudi Arabia Fight Card, ABC Lineup
  • MMA Mania : Never Mind! Colby Won’t Fight Down For Garry
  • Jits Magazine : UFC Star Jack Della Maddalena Promoted To BJJ Black Belt
  • UFC.com : Dana White Announces Main Event For UFC Saudi Arabia On June 22
  • MMA Junkie : UFC Saudia Arabia fight card announced with Robert Whittaker vs. Khamzat Chimaev headliner
  • MMA Mania : Khamzat Vs Whittaker Headlines UFC Saudi Arabia
  • MMAFighting.com : Khamzat Chimaev vs. Robert Whittaker set as UFC Saudi Arabia main event, 4 more fights announced
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Sandman Sees Suga Stop The Machine
  • UFC.com : UFC And Tourism WA Announce Multiyear Deal To Bring Two Action-Packed MMA Events To Perth
  • MMA Mania : UFC Atlantic City Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • MMA Junkie : UFC free fight: Charles Oliveira rallies to light up Michael Chandler for first title win
  • MMA Mania : ‘Are We Fighting Or What?!’
  • MMA Junkie : Javier Mendez disagrees with Daniel Cormier's claim that Islam Makhachev more dangerous than Khabib Nurmagomedov
  • MMA Junkie : Cory Sandhagen: UFC champ Sean O'Malley has 'really good shot' of finishing Merab Dvalishvili
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘A win and a knockout’: Wardley prepared to put on a show against Clarke
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘A win and a knockout’: Fabio Wardley prepared to put on a show against Frazer Clarke
  • MMA Mania : Eblen ‘Blows Through’ Adesanya, Reaches Strickland In MMA March Madness
  • MMA Junkie : Why UFC on ESPN 54's Vicente Luque accepted dangerous Joaquin Buckley replacement
  • MMAFighting.com : No Bets Barred: Can Manon Fiorot stop Erin Blanchfield at UFC Atlantic City? Plus, one time for Chris Weidman
  • MMA Mania : Barber: ‘Boring’ Blanchield ‘Fought My Leftovers’