Topic: Top Welterweights - 170 lbs.

Where you got Nick Diaz now?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

thabestevah
thabestevah
  • Predictions:  199  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  55
  • Post Score: 27

04.10.2011 | 10:37 PM ET

I had Daley at no.5 before that fight with Diaz so that was a huge win for Diaz to me. He showed that he can compete with top ten competition. It was a good match-up for his style but beating a guy in the top 5-10 is a huge win no matter what kind of match-up it is. Diaz beat him at his own game and Daley is no doubt one of the best strikers in the WW division. Big win for Nick and he is making a case for a unifying fight with GSP with another win or two, maybe just one considering there isn't much for GSP in the UFC right now.

"It's not about whether you win or lose... Well, unless your the guy who lost."

Responses Page 2

TacomaTerror
TacomaTerror
  • Predictions:  149  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  480
  • Post Score: 59

04.11.2011 | 1:58 PM ET

They don't have any decent competition in strikeforce really. I would love to see both of them head into the UFC

" ."All praise is to Allah, I'll fight any man, any animal, if Jesus were here I'd fight him too." "

BeastMaster
BeastMaster
  • Predictions:  1,958  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,029
  • Post Score: 180

04.11.2011 | 1:59 PM ET

Nick Diaz can't get that high in the top ten because of the fact that everyone except him are in the UFC and he kinda ruined it for himeselt because White doesn't want him in the UFC.

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone lays a hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

jersey0525
jersey0525
  • Predictions:  2,766  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,536
  • Post Score: 188

04.11.2011 | 2:07 PM ET

tacoma....tacoma....tacoma....WOW! really? all diaz does is win..and put on a damn good show for the fans in the process...jon fitch did SOOOOO much to impress me his last fight...hahahaha! fitch got DESTROYED by gsp, and STILL hasn't improved his game...still a lay n prayer with so so stand up...thats kool, and it wins him decisions...UNTIL HE GETS OUT WRESTLED...ala gsp...then what? a one trick pony ISNT number 2! diaz is the only 170er with complete game, other than gsp...diaz gameplan is GENIUS, but most don't recognize it...he demoralizes opponents in standup, when they throw their BEST shots and he not only walks threw them, BUT answers with 4 or 5 shots in a row...after a round or 2 of that, they take him down...and are in the guard of one of the best submission guys at 170...dangerous man....best chance anyone has to beat gsp, and in my book that makes him number 2....by the way...shields? really?

"im an OT (ORIGINAL TAPOLOGIST), I used to write for cagepages.com. NO ONE CAN TAKE THAT LEFT HAND SHOT"

TacomaTerror
TacomaTerror

04.11.2011 | 2:26 PM ET

I didn't say Fitch had a complete game, just saying he would beat Diaz fairly easilly.

" ."All praise is to Allah, I'll fight any man, any animal, if Jesus were here I'd fight him too." "

TacomaTerror
TacomaTerror

04.11.2011 | 2:28 PM ET

Koshcheck beat Paul Daley and got destroyed by GSP. Really I don't see Diaz doing any better then he did, I am curious to how you can justify how he would.

As for his wins, get any good fighter and put them up against sub-par competition and see what happens. Cyborg was kicking his ass standing up and made the mistake of going for a takedown.

GSP would murder diaz, and this is coming from someone who will never root for him Georges.

CashBrewyn
CashBrewyn
  • Predictions:  21,572  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,045
  • Post Score: 212

04.11.2011 | 3:10 PM ET

Im actually questioning my self now for putting Diaz over Koscheck..does Diaz deserve the right to be ahead of him for finishing a common opponent Josh didn't? but Josh was never in any sort of danger of losing his fight with Daley and has faced tougher competition

"My hearts pumpin' the blood of Royce Gracie My thoughts dumpin' the slug and point straightly"

DV8ed Septum
DV8ed Septum
  • Predictions:  1,328  |  57.8%
  • Forum Posts:  559
  • Post Score: 142

04.11.2011 | 3:12 PM ET

Actually, Daley rocked Kos and nearly finished the fight at one point(same w Diaz though)

"Grrr."

CashBrewyn
CashBrewyn

04.11.2011 | 3:15 PM ET

I'll have to watch Kos Daley again then i guess!

"My hearts pumpin' the blood of Royce Gracie My thoughts dumpin' the slug and point straightly"

Dannotheman
Dannotheman
  • Predictions:  9,433  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,406
  • Post Score: 185

04.11.2011 | 5:01 PM ET

I had him at number 8 and that's where he's staying for now. Beating Daley doesn't do much for me, Daley wasn't even in my top 10.

"God please give me patience, if you give me strength I will just punch them in the face."

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,473  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

04.11.2011 | 5:22 PM ET

As far as accomplishments I would have Diaz at about 7 or 8 but I feel he can beat anyone in the division but Shields, Fitch, and Pierre

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

CashBrewyn
CashBrewyn

04.11.2011 | 6:18 PM ET

Daley showing Diaz some respect, he did say he thought it was a bad stoppage but has since re watched the tape and agreed with it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JDCpflTu38&feature=player_embedded

Yaspaa
Yaspaa
  • Predictions:  173  |  73.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,422
  • Post Score: 151

04.12.2011 | 5:14 AM ET

Diaz hasn't beaten anyone really, does he belong in the top 10? Maybe 10th. Beating one 10th ranked fighter doesn't get him in the top five for me.

"I Get Better."

giosanti
giosanti
  • Predictions:  1,464  |  66.1%
  • Forum Posts:  340
  • Post Score: 131

04.12.2011 | 6:26 AM ET

He's at #7, mainly because of his lack of wrestling ability. GSP, Fitch, Shields, and Koscheck all use their wrestling to win. Penn and Alves have better TDD.

"I'm what counts out here. You only exist out here because of me."

MegaDave
MegaDave
  • Predictions:  8,095  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,656
  • Post Score: 191

04.12.2011 | 7:02 AM ET

7. I think that GSP, Fitch, and Koscheck would wrestle him to death, and Alves and Penn would outstrike him.  

"I'm sorry that the brilliance of my words goes over your heads. I'm not going to stop being an eagle just because I am surrounded by turkeys-CS"

TacomaTerror
TacomaTerror

04.12.2011 | 11:44 AM ET

I think Condit would outstrike him as well.

Piercerdan
Piercerdan
  • Predictions:  22,701  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,987

04.12.2011 | 2:15 PM ET

I moved him up to 8, i had daley at 10 or 11 i can remember atm, i was never really impressed with him but i didnt think daiz would finish him that quickly.
IM not sure what a fight with diego would go like but i think diego has fought better people at ww than diaz at this point and he did beat him year ago. I think kos would hold him down very similar to what he did to daley winning a ud, same with shields fitch and gsp. I would love a match between thiago silva, i think he wins due to cuts, or bj who i think wins due to cuts as well.
Diaz is solid fighter and he will hold his own agains anyone but i dont see him winning against powerful wrestlers and i see him still losing via cuts to decent boxers.  It sucks when your body has limitations.

"Fact: knowledge or info based on real occurrences, opinion: a belief held with confidence not substantiated by proof."

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : UFC veterans in MMA, boxing and bareknuckle action April 25-27
  • MMAFighting.com : Roundtable: Is BKFC Mike Perry one of the 10 biggest draws in combat sports?
  • MMA Mania : ‘Let’s Go, Colby!’
  • MMA Junkie : PFL MENA 1 lineup announced
  • Bad Left Hook : Predictions: Will Jose Ramirez and Vergil Ortiz Jr shine on Saturday?
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 Almost Had ‘Scarface’ Vs. ‘Dominator’
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Zubaira Tukhugov reveals Khabib Nurmagomedov was ‘going to rip contract up’ if he didn’t fight at UFC 242
  • MMA Mania : Meet PFL’s Latest Flyweight Signing, Melissa Balic!
  • Jits Magazine : Elijah Dorsey To Challenge Max Hanson For Welterweight Title At Enigma Invitational 15
  • Jits Magazine : ADXC 4: Abdul-Kareem Al Sewady And Amin Youb Join The Main Card In A Welterweight Bout
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Buckley Lands UFC St. Louis Co-Main Vs. Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Just continue being the best’: Crawford looks forward to upcoming title fight with Madrimov
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Gets New Opponent For Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Terence Crawford vs. Israil Madrimov official; Isaac Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr. on undercard
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereira’s Wrestling To Ben Askren’s Striking: ‘Such A Deficiency’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows That’
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau done with Manel Kape bookings, focused on title shot after UFC on ESPN 55 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight card: Perry vs. Alves
  • Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull