Tapology Forums

Injured

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

ShanMacD
ShanMacD
  • Predictions:  15  |  80.0%
  • Forum Posts:  57
  • Post Score: 400

08.27.2012 | 10:21 AM ET

Well, I am currently a mess! I don't know how bad my wrist is yet... but it hurts and I can't use it.

so, I'm pouting and it would make me feel better if the fantastico Tapology family would share their worst fight injuries

:)

Cheers!

* Edited at 08.27.2012, 10:22 AM ET *

"The martial arts are ultimately self-knowledge. A punch or a kick is not to knock the hell out of the guy in front, but to knock the hell out of your ego, your fear, or your hang-ups. -Bruce Lee "

Responses

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

08.27.2012 | 10:23 AM ET

I used to play Junior C hockey. 

One game, I got checked while I got caught in a pick in the the ice, and immediately broke my ankle. I flew into the boards on my other ankle and broke that one, thus breaking both my ankles within 3 seconds.

I had to stop playing hockey, and havent played since.

* Edited at 08.27.2012, 10:32 AM ET *

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

AnAlias
AnAlias
  • Predictions:  7,888  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  8,737
  • Post Score: 246

08.27.2012 | 10:23 AM ET

Specifically fight injuries?  The worst I've had is a broken nose.

I also broke my wrist in junior high wrestling, and blew out my knee wrestling in high school if those count.

* Edited at 08.27.2012, 10:24 AM ET *

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  20,762  |  71.5%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

08.27.2012 | 11:01 AM ET

Hey ShanMac I posted it in your other thread but you probably didn't see it...

Found a weird UG site

Shaun McDermott

Looks like Shaun McDermott is Mike Newton and Mike Newton is you !?!?! Or the UG messed up again...

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,473  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

08.27.2012 | 11:07 AM ET

I have had many dislocated shoulders, too many to count. I have had at least one concussion but Im sure that I have had more that went unnoticed. Plenty of cuts and cauliflower ear. And I messed up my knee bad last year in practice.

The worst were probably the knee injury and my Sop****re year at Regionals I dislocated my shoulder so bad that I couldnt lift my arm over my head for about a month.

Not a fighting/wrestling injury but baseball has taken its toll on my elbow

* Edited at 08.27.2012, 11:15 AM ET *

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

Piercerdan
Piercerdan
  • Predictions:  22,701  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,987
  • Post Score: 212

08.27.2012 | 11:12 AM ET

Ive had so many injuries over the years being ridiculous.  Worst one ever to comeback from (partly at least, never be full recovery) was cutting the tendons and nerves in my left hand.  I dont think id wish that injury on my enemies.  It was horrible.  Docs said id never be able to touch my palm with my fingers again but i can.  Hurts like a bastard to do it but it feels good knowing that i overcame part of what i was told i wouldnt be able to.  

@shanmac i wish for a speedy recovery for you.  Do everything you can in rehab the harder you work there the faster and more complete you will recover. 

"Fact: knowledge or info based on real occurrences, opinion: a belief held with confidence not substantiated by proof."

wilflet
wilflet
  • Predictions:  8,201  |  59.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,413
  • Post Score: 228

08.27.2012 | 12:46 PM ET

i think im up to a full house of having broken all my fingers over the years, combination of rugby, dropping heavy things like sound desks on them and ocasionally punching things and/or people

* Edited at 08.27.2012, 3:04 PM ET *

"Demons run when a good man goes to war."

TraeBlack
TraeBlack
  • Predictions:  20,832  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  8,700
  • Post Score: 173

08.27.2012 | 1:02 PM ET

you should have told somebody 3 weeks ago, we could have saved the event...oh wait lol

"3HUNNA"

ShanMacD
ShanMacD

08.27.2012 | 4:07 PM ET

@dielegende23: The UG really F'd up lol. I Do have a cousin Shawn lol. But I am in fact the person in my profile pic. I Just promote for Mike Newton.  I have emailed that site to fix their info. lol thanks for the tip.

Thanks everyone for the stories... don't feel as bad now lol

xo

"The martial arts are ultimately self-knowledge. A punch or a kick is not to knock the hell out of the guy in front, but to knock the hell out of your ego, your fear, or your hang-ups. -Bruce Lee "

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

08.27.2012 | 4:20 PM ET

Lets see where to start:

Tore my miniscus and ended up playing on it causing the pressure to build up wrong in my left knee (had to have surgery to fix)

Broke my left hand

Slight tear in my left MCL (rehab was able to fix no surgery)

A few too many concussions

June 2011 severely sprained my left ankle (still gives me issues today) (should have probably gotten it checked out!)

Jammed my neck as a sop****re in HS which cause me to not be medically cleared to play college football

Wrist sprains and back pain

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

ProdigyKid14
ProdigyKid14
  • Predictions:  8,848  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,902
  • Post Score: 195

08.27.2012 | 4:28 PM ET

I punched a kid in the head during a soccer game and broke my hand. It was hilarious and stupid all at the same time.

"I fight em all. Men, women, children, ******** people, it doesn't matter. If you hit me, we're gonna fight. -Charles Bennett"

Hades
Hades
  • Predictions:  17,335  |  61.9%
  • Forum Posts:  58
  • Post Score: 202

08.27.2012 | 4:29 PM ET

I've never had a mma fight but i have had 34 boxing matches where I suffered several cuts and three broken noses. My worst fighting injuries though happened at a bar. I was stabbed in the arm and a guy I was fightings girlfriend kicked me in the face with her pointy high heeled shoe. Broke my orbital bone and almost put my eye out.
Worst non-fighting injury was me falling off scaffolding and impaling myself on rebar.
SRAOnline
SRAOnline
  • Predictions:  9,854  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,719
  • Post Score: 313

08.27.2012 | 4:35 PM ET

My worst would be breaking two ribs.

Simply from vomiting. I ended up getting swine flu a few years back and it turns out being macho about a cold nearly got me killed. Resulted in a stomach ulcer and kidney problems (something should tell you something has gone wrong if your urine turns brown).

I've dislocated my wrist, my ankle, my elbow and dislocating a hip from being tangled in a harness was awful.

Only other bones I've broken would be my pinky finger. I fell awkwardly, put my hand out to brace the fall and as I landed on my hand my finger bent around the wrong way.

"Pretend to be someone you're not once, and you're a liar. Do it every day, and you're a professional."

wilflet
wilflet
  • Predictions:  8,201  |  59.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,413
  • Post Score: 228

08.27.2012 | 4:54 PM ET

@hades, im with you on that one, being stabbed really sucks dosnt it.

"Demons run when a good man goes to war."

vazio
vazio
  • Predictions:  17,505  |  63.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,205
  • Post Score: 225

08.27.2012 | 4:55 PM ET

my worst injury ever was broking my zygomatic bone (face bone) in two places - right under the eye and near the ear - due to getting into a fight against an amazingly hard puncher. my left side of the face was numb for a week.

apart from that just minor broken bones and a torn ankle ligament that put me in physiotherapy for two months.
MMApicker42
MMApicker42
  • Predictions:  4,050  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,828
  • Post Score: 131

08.27.2012 | 5:58 PM ET

My most painful injury was when I was 16, not fighting related, but it was an internal compound fracture of my collar bone snowboarding. Had to ride in the back of a suv from mt. Baldy to placentia Linda hospital. It was about an hour and a half drive. 
benjaminbrandt
benjaminbrandt
  • Predictions:  18,270  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  15,716
  • Post Score: 229

08.27.2012 | 6:08 PM ET

I had a vasectomy this year.  Not really an injury, but hurts like hell. 

"I have not yet begun to defile myself. "

ShanMacD
ShanMacD

08.27.2012 | 6:14 PM ET

It's really nice to know that we're all a bunch of maniacs! This is really entertaining.

Crashed my R6 3 yrs ago... left that one in pretty good shape. Crushed some muscle, hyperextended my knee and put a hole in my chin.

I also recently tried out my parkour skills in the mountains... I didn't remember until it was too late that I actually don't know parkour... There is something to be said for thinking before one does something... one day I'll try that, but likely won't be today.

Carry on... I'm not opposed to pictures of some of these injuries lol.

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner
  • Predictions:  9,964  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,398
  • Post Score: 283

08.27.2012 | 6:15 PM ET

@brandt

* Edited at 08.27.2012, 6:15 PM ET *

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

benjaminbrandt
benjaminbrandt
  • Predictions:  18,270  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  15,716
  • Post Score: 229

08.27.2012 | 6:16 PM ET

I doubt you want to see a picture of my injury.  (grabs camera just in case)

"I have not yet begun to defile myself. "

ShanMacD
ShanMacD

08.27.2012 | 6:19 PM ET

uh..... no

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Taylor Vs Serrano 2 Joins Paul-Tyson On Netflix
  • Bad Left Hook : Taylor vs Serrano rematch joins Paul vs Tyson on July 20
  • MMA Junkie : Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler: Odds and what to know ahead of UFC 303 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : Alan Jouban argues ‘it’s not over’ for Justin Gaethje’s title hopes despite brutal UFC 300 loss
  • Middle Easy : Fan Apologizes To Arman Tsarukyan For ‘Flipping Him Off’ At UFC 300, Says He Wouldn’t Sue UFC
  • MMA Mania : Holloway, Harrison Upend Official UFC Rankings
  • MMAFighting.com : Katie Taylor vs. Amanda Serrano 2 announced as co-main event for Tyson vs. Paul fight card
  • MMAFighting.com : MMA Divisional Rankings: UFC 300 completely reshapes the global ranks
  • MMA Junkie : Why Arman Tsarukyan finds Charles Oliveira 'more dangerous' than UFC champ Islam Makhachev
  • MMA Mania : Jama Vs. Jiri - ‘Make It Happen!’
  • MMAFighting.com : Aljamain Sterling considered retirement if he lost at UFC 300: ‘I was probably done’
  • MMA Junkie : Gegard Mousasi frustrated by 'radio silence' from PFL, feeling pressured to 'take a pay cut'
  • MMA Mania : Battle of the BMFs? ‘I Would Love To Bust Gaethje’s Face Up’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I just need to land the correct shot and he’s gone’: Riakporhe confident he’ll beat Billam-Smith again
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Ian Machado Garry calls for UFC 303 co-main event vs. ‘p****’ Colby Covington, says ‘I’ll retire him for good’
  • MMA Junkie : Jessica Andrade: Title shot after UFC 300 win is the 'natural course of things'
  • Bad Left Hook : PODCAST: Haney vs Garcia preview and Ryan’s chances at the upset
  • Jits Magazine : Subversiv 10 Full Results And Review
  • Jits Magazine : Andorra And Brazil Bring Stellar AJP Tournaments To Their Territories
  • MMAFighting.com : New video shows Max Holloway’s instant backstage reaction after legendary Justin Gaethje knockout