Topic: UFC on FOX 5

UFC on FOX 5: THE HYPIST OF THE FREEIST

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner
  • Predictions:  9,964  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,398
  • Post Score: 283

08.15.2012 | 8:52 PM ET

Predictions: 3 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 175 Points   |   Tied for 1300th

Just wanted to started a Thread cause this Card is going to be AMAZING and best of all IT'S FREE!!!

So far

BENSON HENDERSON faces and sets to Defend his LightWeight Title against TUF WINNER and STOCKTON Raised NATE DIAZ "209"

The CO Main event
Former UFC Champion and PRIDE GP Winner SHOGUN RUA vs Up and Comer and Swedish Bad Ass Alexander Gustafsson

and we are not done yet
THE CANADIAN SENSATION Rory MacDonald sees to climb the ranks in the welterweight division vs the FORMER UFC Lightweight and Welterweight Champion BJ PENN

THE HYPIST OF THE FREEIST CARD

who do you got?

Discuss and *insert smack talk here 

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

UFC on FOX 5
  • Saturday 12.08.2012 at 08:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: FOX | Prelims: FX
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Zuffa, LLC
  • Venue: KeyArena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Mike Goldberg, Joe Rogan
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Joe Rogan
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $1,522,600
  • Attendance: 14,387 (Paid: 13,430)
  • TV Ratings: 4.4M average viewers (6M peak, 1.2M FX prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 11
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Benson Henderson   defeats   Nate Diaz   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Alexander Gustafsson   defeats   Maurício Rua   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Rory MacDonald   defeats   BJ Penn   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Matt Brown   defeats   Mike Swick   via KO/TKO, Punches   2:31 Round 2 of 3, 7:31 Total Bout Page
Yves Edwards   defeats   Jeremy Stephens   via KO/TKO, Punches and Elbows   1:55 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Raphael Assunção   defeats   Mike Easton   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Ramsey Nijem   defeats   Joe Proctor   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Daron Cruickshank   defeats   Henry Martinez   via KO/TKO, Head Kick   2:57 Round 2 of 3, 7:57 Total Bout Page
Abel Trujillo   defeats   Marcus LeVesseur   via KO/TKO, Knees to the Body   3:56 Round 2 of 3, 8:56 Total Bout Page
Dennis Siver   defeats   Nam Phan   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Scott Jorgensen   defeats   John Albert   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   4:59 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses Page 47

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,439  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,777
  • Post Score: 180

12.09.2012 | 3:01 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 425 Points   |   Tied for 277th

Glad but can't believe Jorgensen/Albert got FOTN, deservedly, because it was the lone facebook prelim. 
Siver's legit at FW.
Trujillo has promise. Bye bye Levesseur.
Cruikshank was robbed, especially considering how tough Martinez showed he is.
Ramsey's coming along, maybe a bit slowly, especially with his striking. Proctor looked promising in a loss.
Not a terrible loss for Easton but a pretty nice win for Assuncao. One more win vs. Mizugaki, Menjivar, or Jorgensen and he's "in the mix"
Yves reminds us of why he was the uncrowned LW champ. Pickin' up BJ's slack :(
Matt Brown for Comeback Fighter of the Year who will still be an underdog in his next fight :)
BJ has absolutely nothing left to prove.
Rory needs to fight Hendricks if GSP is ducking him. 
I'll watch Shogun vs. anybody. What a legend. Another fight, especially vs. Rashad, would be good for Alex.
Most impressive performance of Henderson's career so far but for god's sake I don't want to hear the word dominant used again when referring to this fight. Systematic, methodical, clearcut, and thorough fine but it was a bit too cautious to be called dominant: make sure not to take him to the ground until you've worked up a good sweat and even then not so much until later when you've wore him down thus reducing the risk of getting caught in a sub? Check. Don't stand at range for more than a few seconds without clinching up or shooting even though that was where you were closest to finishing the fight because it's where he might have a better chance of scoring something? Check. Just my opinion.

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

12.09.2012 | 4:24 PM ET

Predictions: 4 of 9 Winners, 1 Perfect, 225 Points   |   Tied for 1185th

GSP is not ducking Hendrick. if you honestly think that i feel sorry for your uneducated ass.  He fought Alves when Alves was on a much scarier tear.  He does not fear Hendrick. He would beat Hendrick down. Diaz has been talking **** for years. And GSP has ,made it known that if he is to fight Anderson he is to move to middle weight forever. It will come out after he beats Diaz that GSP is to fight Anderson silva next.  GSP most likely was like if you want me to fight Anderson then I want to beat down Diaz first so i don't have him talking godly amounts of crap once I am safely removed from his division.  He wants to make a statement to diaz to prove once and for all that diaz aint on his level. It not ducking, it simply that he wants the man who been talking **** for years from the safety of strike force.

"here I come to save the day"

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

12.09.2012 | 4:34 PM ET

Predictions: 3 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 175 Points   |   Tied for 1300th

@mulefloyd, I agree Benson fought a very smart, techincal fight, but more than dominant I think he nullified Diaz and even so Nate is a smarter fighter than Nick  imo, the Diaz brothers seem to have problems adapting and coming up with a different game plan other than a straight forward attack, I mean come on Nate you couldn't lift your lead leg 10 inches to check those kicks?

anyway kuddos to Ben, and I think his days of fighting with a toothpick in his mouth are over, let us hope that  is not his lucky toothpick ;)

Matt Brown is discretely impressive, nobody seems to notice him until they get KO'd by him, he didn't received not one Q in the post press, he showed me to go with my gut the next time and never again pick against him (well not never) I hope he gets a top 10 for his next fight, I think Koscheck would make a fine victim

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

zarog
zarog
  • Predictions:  2,855  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,174
  • Post Score: 241

12.12.2012 | 7:12 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 6 Perfect, 575 Points   |   Tied for 9th with 11 others

Fighter payouts were released. I just have one question. How in the hell does Ben Henderson get less show pay than any of the 4 main card losers?

"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?" - Captain America

amp112
amp112
  • Predictions:  37,156  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,588
  • Post Score: 208

12.12.2012 | 7:23 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 425 Points   |   Tied for 277th

^Probably still on some kind of WEC contract. Or when he signed his current, it was before anyone thought he would be champ. I wouldn't stress it, he's probably getting assloads of money from the UFC in locker room bonuses.

Page 47

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! ‘Regretful’ Biter Breaks Silence
  • MMA Mania : An Elite Contender With Only One Combo
  • MMA Mania : ‘Come Over Here Real Quick, Win A Belt, Maybe Win Another Belt’
  • Middle Easy : Conor McGregor Plans To Continue Fighting Until He’s ‘In The F*cking Grave,’ Wants To Face Similar-Aged Opponents
  • Middle Easy : Khalil Rountree Jr Claims Fans Want To See Him Fight Alex Pereira, Doesn’t Care If Pereira Is Champion
  • MMAFighting.com : Vince McMahon unloads another $100 million of TKO Group Holdings stock
  • MMA Junkie : 'That's not who I am': Igor Severino apologizes for bite, hopes one mistake doesn't define career
  • MMA Mania : ‘A Big Spit In The Face Of All The Champions’
  • MMAFighting.com : Payton Talbott rejects Sean O’Malley comparisons after UFC Vegas 89: ‘I don’t want to be compared’
  • UFC.com : Joaquin Buckley: ‘This Is The Reason I’m Here’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’d love that fight’: Tszyu willing to face Spence next, talks fight with Fundora
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’d love that fight’: Tim Tszyu willing to face Errol Spence next, talks fight with Sebastian Fundora
  • MMA Junkie : 'Super happy' PFL season newcomer Mads Burnell explains excitement for fight schedule, new weight class
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor scoffs at retirement: ‘It’s to the motherf****** grave’
  • MMA Mania : Whittaker: Chimaev Fight ‘Came Out Of Nowhere’
  • MMA Junkie : Why 2022 PFL welterweight champ Sadibou Sy moved to light heavyweight for upcoming season
  • MMAFighting.com : Robert Whittaker reacts to Khamzat Chimaev fight at UFC Saudi Arabia: ‘It’s a bit of a shock’
  • MMA Mania : GSP ‘Would Have Put Khabib Down’
  • MMAFighting.com : Logan Paul reveals he had ‘suicidal thoughts’ amid CryptoZoo scandal fallout: ‘I was spiraling’
  • UFC.com : The State Of UFC During UFC 100 And 200