Topic: Silva vs. Leben

Silva vs. Leben Predictions

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,554  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,506
  • Post Score: 60

04.04.2011 | 10:13 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Silva   wrong Decision  

This is the official prediction commentary thread for Silva vs. Leben. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 2

zerohours
zerohours
  • Predictions:  499  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  180
  • Post Score: 41

04.05.2011 | 10:13 AM ET

Wand! can't wait to finally see him back in action, see if all the time to let his injuries heel works out for the best! Also the second fight he'll be showcasing his new face, lets hope the new nose pays off and he dosent drop his chin!

"Even though my spanish is rusty, yo my English is Olde, 40 down, grab yourself an ice cold Colt 45 feelin alive drunk as **** in the daylight ready to die"

Elkisland
Elkisland
  • Predictions:  213  |  64.8%
  • Forum Posts:  499
  • Post Score: 132

04.05.2011 | 11:08 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Silva   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

I think Wand will hold on for a split decision.

"Serious sport is war minus the shooting. "George Orwell""

TMP111
TMP111
  • Predictions:  248  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  28
  • Post Score: 75

04.05.2011 | 3:13 PM ET

I was holding my breath for this one. Cant wait. I think it goes the distance and it is almost as good as Wandy and Chuck. Almost. Wandy VS Chuck is my NO.2 fight of all time. And I dont think these guys will disappoint. Neither one of them is in huge need of a win, and neither one is just a fight away from a title shot. So they will lay it all out, go for FOTN and it will be bad ass. Im gonna take Wandy by decision.

"What am I gonna do about my legs, Eddie Murphy!?"

type138
type138
  • Predictions:  7,905  |  61.9%
  • Forum Posts:  154
  • Post Score: 89

04.05.2011 | 3:22 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Silva   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

i do not enjoy watching the "old pride guys" losing to tuf'ers......

however, i think wand wins a decision

"One's company, two's a crowd, and three's a party"

Reeves
Reeves
  • Predictions:  778  |  67.2%
  • Forum Posts:  225
  • Post Score: 139

04.05.2011 | 3:26 PM ET

I think Wand can definitely win this fight I know MMA math doesn't mean much but he did a hell of a lot better than Leben did against Bisping. I know Leben has been making a comeback lately excluding the Stann loss but I think he would probably lose in rematches against SImpson and Akiyama. He has an amazing heart though which has proven to get you far in the sport plus big knockout power and Wandy pretty prone to getting knocked out lately. Despite that I still think he will win but what worries me and makes me even less sure is how long he has been out because fighters being out for like a year and then coming back have not been doing very well for the most part.
OldManGloom
OldManGloom
  • Predictions:  109,651  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  9,505
  • Post Score: 254

04.05.2011 | 8:55 PM ET

@DaiKaiju your are right on with the early Prides, although 5 is where they add judges and stand-ups/restarts, so it gets a bit more tolerable.  I don't think they are any worse than the first UFC events.  Neither really had a clue when it came to what was and wasn't legal, who decides when the fight is done, etc.

@type138, perfectly said.  It's tough watching your old fav's lose to guys that grew up watching them.

"When the system fails you you create your own system."

minotauro11
minotauro11
  • Predictions:  2,483  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  4,493
  • Post Score: 148

04.05.2011 | 9:51 PM ET

A couple things to think about here. 
Leben got knocked out in his last fight, but that was on New Years Day, and he was apparently throwing up before the fight, considering he's an alcoholic....take that for what you will. My point is that losing to Stann like that might not have exposed him as much as people think.
Also, Leben generally doesn't do too great against strikers. His best performances are against grapplers like Akiyama, Aaron Simpson and even Rosholt (whom he did fairly well against before losing), but he doesn't always do so hot against good strikers, especially more technical ones, like Bisping, and an extreme example, Anderson Silva. (Don't get me wrong, he's beat some solid strikers, Sakara and Rivera for example.) 
I see Wanderlei as having an edge in technique, and he has more tools in his arsenal (knees, leg kicks, etc.) and I think that will make a difference.
The biggest question mark is Wandy's chin, I'd say, or the injury lay-off, which makes this a harder fight to predict, but as of right now I'm thinking Wanderlei by UD.
Sorry for the long post, I've been thinking about this fight all day, I can't wait.

"We Are All One"

minotauro11
minotauro11
  • Predictions:  2,483  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  4,493
  • Post Score: 148

04.05.2011 | 9:52 PM ET

Damn, sorry about the FRAT, I meant to have spaces between paragraphs, forgot about having to hit enter twice.

"We Are All One"

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,473  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

04.05.2011 | 9:58 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Silva   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

Wandy all the way, I just dont really care for Leben

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

AngelBoy
AngelBoy
  • Predictions:  142  |  52.1%
  • Forum Posts:  8
  • Post Score: 113

04.05.2011 | 10:41 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Silva   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

When this match happens you will see what happen's when a TUF fighter fights someone who fought in the most violent, brutal and aggressive fight organisations. Leben will be another Axe Murderer victim. When Silva lands with his knee's Leben will realise how much trouble he is in. THis match is like the Hyena Leben fighting the Lion that is Wanderlei

"It's more glorious than fighting a bear naked and winning.............. by submission."

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

04.06.2011 | 1:19 AM ET

Prediction: correct Leben   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

K guys, im gonna go with Wand by 2nd round KO.

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

Kokid951
Kokid951
  • Predictions:  667  |  58.6%
  • Forum Posts:  540
  • Post Score: 213

04.06.2011 | 2:10 AM ET

yea im going with wand 2nd round tko also but gotta say i'll be happy for either guy to win. two of my fav. fighters

"dont mistake kindness for weakness"

geezhound
geezhound
  • Predictions:  6,745  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,297
  • Post Score: 193

04.13.2011 | 12:52 AM ET

This fight makes my head hurt. I'm probably going to change this pick once a day till the fight happens.

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

Mizder
Mizder
  • Predictions:  620  |  66.1%
  • Forum Posts:  20
  • Post Score: 45

04.13.2011 | 1:47 AM ET

Prediction: correct Leben   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

damn i hate having to pick a winner in this fight but i think wand will hit tht button in lebens chin that turns him into capn ****tard n get koed in rd 3
RedDeadPenn
RedDeadPenn
  • Predictions:  210  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  88
  • Post Score: 88

04.13.2011 | 10:47 PM ET

Havent remembered the last time I have wanted a fighter to win a fight so badly. Wand by BRUTAL KO.

"No cheese at all?!? I love pizza and pizza have cheese!"- Rampage Jackson

Babywads
Babywads
  • Predictions:  767  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  129
  • Post Score: 116

04.14.2011 | 8:58 AM ET

This is probably fight of they year!  As much as I want to see a vicious KO, I don't see Leben getting stopped again, and Wand should do a good job of staying out of danger.
Mybbygotsauz
Mybbygotsauz
  • Predictions:  1,612  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  745
  • Post Score: 131

06.03.2011 | 10:12 AM ET

Silva is much more technical even though both are brawlers. Ive never been impressed with Leben, except his fight with Akiyama. I do like Leben though, I just believe Silva is too good for him. They hate each other, should be a great fight.

"knocked out three midgets and ya pumped up"

BeastMaster
BeastMaster
  • Predictions:  1,958  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,029
  • Post Score: 180

06.03.2011 | 11:40 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Silva   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

Gonna be an amazing fight! But Silva has a lot more tools in his toolbox.

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone lays a hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

themysticalninja
themysticalninja
  • Predictions:  1,219  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,725
  • Post Score: 123

06.03.2011 | 12:07 PM ET

Prediction: correct Leben   wrong Decision  

Another FOTN contender right here. If this was in a Pride ring back in the days, the Axe Murderer would be the heavy favourite (...Okay lets face it, he would win). But that was then and this is now.

Leben wants to come back in big fashion after being KO'd by the new Captain America Brian Stann (Couture retired remember) and who better then against Wanderlei, who still has that aura around him despite being 2-3 in the UFC. Speaking of Silva, he too wants to make a statement and remind everyone why he's nicknamed the Axe Murderer. Unless Leben (or Silva) have been given a safe gameplan, this is going to be a firecracker of a fight.

I'm going to lean towards Leben, despite suffering a KO in his last match. He'll be more hungry to prove that he still has what it takes to be part of the main players in middleweight diversion. Add to the fact that Silva was injuired and thus has had less time to train and will be a bit rusty and I see Leben just winning the decision of a hard fought battle

"Go get some Donald CER-ROE-NAY!" - Greg Jackson

jaykool777
jaykool777
  • Predictions:  25,528  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,654
  • Post Score: 158

06.03.2011 | 5:31 PM ET

Prediction: correct Leben   correct KO/TKO   correct Round 1  

No matter what, this fight is not going to the judges. I'd love to see Wandy win this fight, and get himself one step closer to getting a shot at the MW title, but I just feel that the long lay-off, and age will be the deciding factor in this fight. Leben by KO/TKO round 1.

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : LIVE! Chicago Highlights, Streaming Updates TONIGHT!
  • MMAFighting.com : Ryan Garcia chugs beer after badly missing weight, chaos overtakes final Devin Haney faceoff
  • MMA Mania : Mega Prospect Ready For UFC Call Up
  • MMA Junkie : Belal Muhammad fueled by Leon Edwards title fight delay, things getting personal: 'I hate his guts'
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Alex Perez Details Why Steve Erceg Got UFC Title Shot Over Muhammad Mokaev
  • MMA Mania : Garcia Chugs A Beer, Stares Down Fired-Up Haney
  • Bad Left Hook : Terence Crawford to face Israil Madrimov for WBA title at 154
  • MMAFighting.com : Devin Haney vs. Ryan Garcia weigh-in video
  • MMA Junkie : Photos: 2024 PFL 3 ceremonial weigh-ins, fighter faceoffs
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL newcomer Goiti Yamauchi inspired by Ronaldo in recovery from gruesome knee injury
  • MMA Junkie : MMA promotion adds bonus inspired by Max Holloway's UFC 300 knockout, and it's pretty wild
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier: Michael Chandler 'not driving the sales' in Conor McGregor fight, unlikely to get PPV points
  • Middle Easy : Jake Paul Lays Down $10 Million MMA Challenge to Nate Diaz and Jorge Masvidal: ‘I Want Either One’
  • MMA Mania : Garcia Misses Weight In Latest Circus Stunt
  • MMAFighting.com : Devin Haney vs. Ryan Garcia weigh-in video live now
  • Bad Left Hook : Charlo invokes right to Madrimov title fight
  • Jits Magazine : Free Fight Friday: Renato Canuto vs Damon Morgan
  • MMA Junkie : Nate Diaz sued by Rodney Petersen over 2023 New Orleans street fight
  • MMA Junkie : Nate Diaz sued by 'Not Logan Paul' Rodney Petersen over 2023 New Orleans street fight
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Haney Vs Garcia Official Weigh Ins!