Topic: Alistair Overeem

NSAC's Keith Kizer says 'No Way' For Alistair Overeem to Apply Early For License

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,254  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,483
  • Post Score: 203

08.10.2012 | 5:02 PM ET

http://fightnext.com/forum/showthread.php?185-NSAC-s-Keith-Kizer-No-Way-For-Alistair-Overeem-to-Apply-Early-For-License

"That must be wishful thinking," he said. "He will not be on the agenda."
Furthermore, Kizer said under existing state statutes, Overeem would not be able to apply for a license until December 27, making his eligibility for a fight two days later a near-impossibility. In effect, Kizer said, there is no legal way to grant him an early hearing. 

"I see no way to do that. I know of none," he said. "But even if the commission had some discretion to grant some waiver of time, I personally don't see this as the case. I'd be against that. There is some discretion at the commission level, but I don't think this is the case to use that discretion. This is not just a guy who engaged in cheating, but a guy who ran out the front door when the testing was being done."

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Alistair "The Demolition Man" Overeem

Photo Source:  

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Alistair Cees Overeem
  • Pro MMA Record: 47-19-0, 1 NC (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: The Demolition Man
  • Current Streak: 1 Loss
  • Last Fight: February 06, 2021 in UFC
  • Weight Class: Heavyweight | Last Weigh-In: 255.5 lbs
  • Affiliation: N/A
  • Height: 6'4" (193cm) | Reach: 80.0" (203cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $4,539,999 USD
  • Born: Hounslow, England
  • Fighting out of: Amsterdam, Netherlands
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses

FresnoMMA
FresnoMMA
  • Predictions:  54,482  |  68.6%
  • Forum Posts:  7,431
  • Post Score: 204

08.10.2012 | 5:18 PM ET

I thought it was hilarious on MMA Uncensored when he said he might get his license earlier because of good behavior.  What the ****?
hiblet
hiblet
  • Predictions:  26,857  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,043
  • Post Score: 208

08.10.2012 | 5:43 PM ET

Honesty, I am completely behind this. He broke the rules and tries to sidestep the authorities and he needs to serve his full sentence. He should be glad they were lienient enough to only suspend him for 9 months. 

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 Results: Koreshkov vs. Umalatov
  • MMA Mania : Muhammad Goes Off On Edwards And ‘Fakest Team I’ve Ever Seen’
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Garcia has skill set to compete with Devin Haney. Does he have mindset?
  • MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway mocks Ilia Topuria’s demands for potential fight; Topuria responds
  • MMA Junkie : Henry Cejudo: Bo Nickal needs to hold his horses, 'maybe 10 fights away from possibly becoming UFC champion'
  • MMA Mania : Frenemies? ‘I Hate To See A Fighter Lose His Confidence’
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 weigh-in results: Welterweights, featherweights set in Chicago
  • MMA Mania : ‘When I Was Your Age, I Already Had Title Defenses, Buddy’
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia fight card
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Belal Muhammad Claims He ‘Hates Leon Edwards’ Guts,’ Hopes To Dethrone The Welterweight King In Manchester
  • Middle Easy : Jorge Masvidal Says He’s ‘Definitely’ Returning To UFC, Wants Logan Paul Or Floyd Mayweather Jr In Boxing After Nate Diaz
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Suggests Herb Dean Played a Part in Jamahal Hill’s UFC 300 Loss, ‘Big’ John McCarthy Responds
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway responds to the 'un-BMF' demands from UFC champ Ilia Topuria
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Eddie Hearn says things about to get real for Ryan Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Hearn says things about to get real for Garcia
  • MMA Mania : PFL Chicago Weigh Ins Results, Staredowns!
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Relive every win of Conor McGregor’s epic UFC career
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Strickland vs. Paulo Costa: Odds and what to know ahead of UFC 302 co-headliner
  • MMA Mania : No Foul Play! ‘The Cutman Used A Boxing Technique’
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 weigh-in video