Topic: Paul Daley

paul daley in bellator.. bad for ufc fans

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

ladylover213
ladylover213
  • Predictions:  5,411  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  392
  • Post Score: 48

07.25.2012 | 10:40 PM ET

semtex had a great debut for bellator and i could possibly see him landing on askren and taking the belt but its fairly upsetting because dana white was getting more n more open with the idea of daley returning to the ufc.. but now hes with bellator.. and we all know how there contracts can be

"Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster."

Paul "Semtex" Daley

Fighter Details

• Name: Paul Daley
  • Pro MMA Record: 44-18-2 (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: Semtex
  • Current Streak: 1 Win
  • Last Fight: May 13, 2022 in BFC
  • Weight Class: Welterweight | Last Weigh-In: 174.4 lbs
  • Affiliation: Team Rough House
  • Height: 5'9" (176cm) | Reach: 76.0" (193cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $373,200 USD
  • Born: London, England
  • Fighting out of: Nottingham, England
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses

ProdigyKid14
ProdigyKid14
  • Predictions:  8,848  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,902
  • Post Score: 195

07.25.2012 | 10:41 PM ET

I'm probably one of the biggest fans of his on this site, but i don't think he beats Askren.

"I fight em all. Men, women, children, ******** people, it doesn't matter. If you hit me, we're gonna fight. -Charles Bennett"

ladylover213
ladylover213
  • Predictions:  5,411  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  392
  • Post Score: 48

07.25.2012 | 10:43 PM ET

its hard to picture cuz of his struggle against kos, but after the woodley fight i beleive he could hold off long enough to hit askren with the left.. and we havent seen much of askrens chin but i dnt think it can handle the semtex left

"Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster."

ProdigyKid14
ProdigyKid14
  • Predictions:  8,848  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,902
  • Post Score: 195

07.25.2012 | 10:51 PM ET

I don't think very many can handle Daley on the feet when he's in his groove, when he's throwing that heavy left hand like you mentioned. Askren probably couldn't handle it. Daley's TDD now is miles ahead of where it was when he fought Koscheck, but Askren's just on another level as far as wrestling. But Daley just needs to land once, and he could put Askren out, anything's possible.

"I fight em all. Men, women, children, ******** people, it doesn't matter. If you hit me, we're gonna fight. -Charles Bennett"

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

07.25.2012 | 11:02 PM ET

Semtex has got serious power but the problem with his striking is that like the Koscheck he hates so much, he's fallen in love with one strike and he tends to only use it and it not only makes fighting him predictable but it's limits his chances of success because he's not properly mixing up his strikes.

"الله أكبرl"

StickmanAndrw
StickmanAndrw
  • Predictions:  5,405  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,146
  • Post Score: 141

07.25.2012 | 11:06 PM ET

Daley's got a shot, no doubt about it.  But he's gotta win the tournament first, and considering he's got guys like Saunders and Lima and possibly Baker to deal with, it won't be easy, that's for sure!  But I definitely think he could very well be the next Bellator Welterweight champion!

"I can't think of anything witty to say at the moment..."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : ‘Inherently Bad’ And ‘Unbelievably Embarrassing’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘He’s trying to be like Prince Naseem’: Callum Smith on Ben Whittaker’s ‘disrespectful’ antics
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier questions Herb Dean's handling of Alex Pereira's low blow before UFC 300 KO of Jamahal Hill
  • UFC.com : Updates To UFC 301: Pantoja vs Erceg
  • Bad Left Hook : Nate Diaz: Masvidal rematch will be ‘way tougher’ than Jake Paul fight
  • MMA Mania : Jiri Wants Pereira Rematch ‘As Soon As Possible’
  • MMA Junkie : Jorge Masvidal assures he's making UFC return: 'I'm definitely coming back'
  • MMAFighting.com : Bo Nickal’s game plan for Khamzat Chimaev: ‘Take him down, rag-doll him, throw him around’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC Hall of Famer Mark Coleman reflects on house fire, campaigns for women's BMF title
  • MMAFighting.com : 18-year-old Adrian Lee, younger brother of Angela and Christian Lee, set for debut at ONE 167 in June
  • Bad Left Hook : PREDICTIONS: Is Ryan Garcia ready for Devin Haney?
  • MMAFighting.com : Michael Chandler: Everyone has to buy UFC 303 because it may be Conor McGregor’s last fight
  • MMA Junkie : UFC veterans in MMA and karate action April 19-21
  • MMA Mania : Video: ‘Karen’ Picks Fight With UFC Women’s Flyweight
  • MMA Junkie : Video: UFC 300 behind-the-scenes video blog reveals production side of mega-event
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Sam Alvey reflects on UFC start, says fighters get paid ‘way more than we deserve’
  • MMA Mania : Till Tosses $2 Mil Offer To Fight ‘Platinum’
  • Jits Magazine : ADXC 4: Espen Mathiesen And Leon Larman Lead The Jiu-Jitsu Main Event In Paris
  • Jits Magazine : Full Lineup Announced For High Rollerz 420 Show 2024
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Who Wins ‘Coked Out’ Garcia Vs. Jones?