Ajax loader

Tapology Forums

Mirko "Cro Cop" done?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

HavokDM
HavokDM
  • Predictions:  9,733  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,047
  • Post Score: 144

03.23.2011 | 5:42 PM ET

"I feel like somebody stole something from me. I am disappointed by the result, but congratulations to Schaub and thanks to my fans for their support. It's clear that in this sport without hunger, wish and ambition to win there is no success, and its also clear that there is no more left of those in me. He surprised me with that strike, everything was same like against Frank Mir. It seemed to me like I was better. What am I saying? If I was better, I would have won!"

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/312247/Cro-Cop-I-have-no-hunger-desire-or-ambition/

Sad day for MMA, but all good things...
If Mirko has decided to hang it up, he will be missed.

"Nothing in this world is a gift. Whatever must be learned must be learned the hard way."

Responses

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  5,875  |  63.6%
  • Forum Posts:  17,390
  • Post Score: 212

03.23.2011 | 5:46 PM ET

Agreed sad day for MMA. Time flies - doesn't seem like too long ago when he was in there against Fedor.

Glad he's calling it quits rather than going and fighting in smaller promotions, risking being KO'd again and again.

"I live, I die, I live again."

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  21,459  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,855
  • Post Score: 180

03.23.2011 | 5:53 PM ET

As much as I would like to see Crocop go out with a win I think that retiring the best decision for his legacy and health. Its time for him to train the next generation of fighters.

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

Samson
Samson
  • Predictions:  1,142  |  60.2%
  • Forum Posts:  210
  • Post Score: 155

03.23.2011 | 6:33 PM ET

"In 96' Royce Gracie made me tap...one of many."

LynxGuy
LynxGuy
  • Predictions:  1,054  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,120
  • Post Score: 109

03.23.2011 | 8:35 PM ET

To me it's always seemed like Cro Cop's warrior spirit died with Pride.  I thought he'd retire after his loss to Frank Mir because that was one of the most uninspired performances I've ever seen from a UFC fighter.  I'm kinda glad he came back for that last fight with Schaub though because he did go out like a warrior.  He gave Schaub a very tough fight and I think a decision could have gone either way.  Great career, sucks to see it end this way.

"Don't be scared, homie." - Nick Diaz

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle

03.23.2011 | 8:45 PM ET

I think his warrior spirit faded after winning the GP then it died after the loss to Gonzaga

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  31,808  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,500
  • Post Score: 132

03.23.2011 | 9:20 PM ET

What a great statement made by the man..."If I was better, I would have won" Have nothing but respect for Cro Cop I wish we would've gotten to see one more Pride performance of Mirko in the UFC, but we'll always have YouTube!

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,196  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 123

03.24.2011 | 3:58 AM ET

i dont think crocop will be forgotten easily, at least that much we can hope for.

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

zerohours
zerohours
  • Predictions:  499  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  180
  • Post Score: 32

03.24.2011 | 9:16 AM ET

First time i saw cro cop fight was his 2006 victory in his second fight against Wand, I will always remember Cro Cop, makin Silva pay big time, for his full speed straight ahead barraige of looping punches; with counter left jabs and straights. Silva's eye swelled completely shut and they took him to the corner for the ref to check it out, in a hilarious/hideous display of the Japanese ring side doctors competence, they physically held open Wandi's swollen eye, then proceeded to test if he could follow his finger with his eyes. Fight continued and soon afterwards Left kick cemetary and Wand was out cold. One of my favourite fights was heart broken at the time to see my favourite fighter go down, but now it just seems like an awsome mma moment in a great career, Cro Cop's the man glad he will go out with dignity!

"Even though my spanish is rusty, yo my English is Olde, 40 down, grab yourself an ice cold Colt 45 feelin alive drunk as **** in the daylight ready to die"

geezhound
geezhound
  • Predictions:  6,745  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,297
  • Post Score: 143

03.24.2011 | 11:59 AM ET

It's definitely going to be a sad day when all of these old war-horses are retired.

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

HavokDM
HavokDM

03.24.2011 | 2:19 PM ET

Makes me hope that one day we will have an MMA hall of fame instead of just a UFC hall of fame. These guys like Fedor, the Nogs, Cro Cop, Wand and others need to be acknowledged for there accomplishments in MMA instead of their stints in the UFC. 

"Nothing in this world is a gift. Whatever must be learned must be learned the hard way."

TownStar
TownStar
  • Predictions:  944  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  329
  • Post Score: 51

03.24.2011 | 3:00 PM ET

The greatest striker to ever grace the cage and ring, he will not be forgotten, and his legend will live on. I honestly think it takes a better person to know when the game has passed and to let it go with this kind of class. We may never see a head kick more devastating. I am personally glad he is retiring now instead of going the route of Liddell and risking permanent head trauma. He went out like a soilder though, i had him winning against Scheuab he just got caught. 

"fresh outta Oakland..."

BeastMaster
BeastMaster
  • Predictions:  1,958  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,029
  • Post Score: 127

03.28.2011 | 3:25 PM ET

He has one more fight in his ufc contract so i'm thinking he fights Big nog before he retiresWho's with me!! Thumbs up Thumbs down same as before

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone lays a hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  4,831  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315
  • Post Score: 96

03.28.2011 | 3:33 PM ET

It seems like all the guys that were great in pride are either getting beat up really bad or retiring :/

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

Piercerdan
Piercerdan
  • Predictions:  21,931  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,926
  • Post Score: 169

03.28.2011 | 4:40 PM ET

its because 5 years in fight sports is a long time! pride ended in 2006 and its 2011 now.  People age.  It sucks and i would love to see mirko and wand have the destruction they brought in pride but they have aged.
think about how much youve changed in 5 years.
I hope mirko has a wonderful retirement if he does sit it out forever after this.  I do agree with beastmaster tho in a final nog fight, retirement for both possibly.  

"Fact: knowledge or info based on real occurrences, opinion: a belief held with confidence not substantiated by proof."

Piercerdan
Piercerdan
  • Predictions:  21,931  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,926
  • Post Score: 169

03.28.2011 | 4:44 PM ET

my bad, 4 years.  But still a lot changes in 4 years.

"Fact: knowledge or info based on real occurrences, opinion: a belief held with confidence not substantiated by proof."

HavokDM
HavokDM

03.28.2011 | 5:07 PM ET

Yeah.  Mirko and Big Nog would be a great retirement fight...for both.

Yaspaa
Yaspaa
  • Predictions:  173  |  73.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,422
  • Post Score: 111

03.28.2011 | 5:26 PM ET

I think C.Cop has been knocked out too much, he should retire for his health.

"I Get Better."

Samson
Samson
  • Predictions:  1,142  |  60.2%
  • Forum Posts:  210
  • Post Score: 155

03.28.2011 | 5:30 PM ET

^^^^This gentleman is correct^^^^

"In 96' Royce Gracie made me tap...one of many."

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle

03.28.2011 | 5:34 PM ET

I have been calling for a Big Nog vs Crocop fight for awhile now, that should be his next fight if he insists on fighting

Gray Maynard
Gray Maynard
  • Predictions:  4,856  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  48
  • Post Score: 104

11.02.2011 | 5:25 PM ET

Cro Cop last fight will be in Croatia. fight will take place on december 11,  opponent is still unknown.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Li Jingliang injured, out of UFC Fort Lauderdale clash with Alex Oliveira
  • MMA Weekly : Anthony Pettis: UFC Nashville Octagon Interview
  • MMAFighting.com : Dana White: Anthony Pettis did to Thompson what Tyron Woodley ‘couldn’t do twice’
  • MMA Junkie : Trading Shots: In the UFC's online streaming era, do the pros outweigh the cons?
  • MMA Junkie : MMA's week out of the cage: Daniel Cormier turns 40, 'Cowboy' Cerrone's swimming lessons
  • MMA Weekly : Curtis Blaydes: UFC Nashville Octagon Interview
  • MMAFighting.com : Bryce Mitchell hopes to resolve ‘Jerry Springer sh*t’ back home after UFC Nashville win
  • MMA Junkie : Bellator 218 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media
  • MMA Junkie : Luis Pena says future lies at featherweight despite UFC Nashville weight miss
  • MMA Junkie : Jussier Formiga: Henry Cejudo's move is about money, 'a true champion fights in their division'
  • MMAFighting.com : Joanne Calderwood thinks win over Katlyn Chookagian will earn her UFC women’s flyweight title shot
  • MMA Weekly : Maycee Barber: UFC Nashville Octagon Interview
  • MMA Junkie : Justin Willis says he 'froze up' at UFC Nashville, Tai Tuivasa piles on with potshots
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Shelby's Shoes: What's next for Anthony Pettis and UFC on ESPN+ 6's other key winners?
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Shelby's Shoes: What's next for Stephen Thompson following UFC on ESPN+ 6 loss?
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN+ 6 post-event facts: Curtis Blaydes overtakes heavyweight takedown record
  • MMAFighting.com : Curtis Blaydes plans to ‘Khabib his way’ through heavyweight division after UFC Nashville win
  • MMA Weekly : UFC Nashville: Thompson vs Pettis full card fight highlights video
  • MMA Junkie : Still unbeaten, Maycee Barber plans to take career 'a little bit different' from Ronda Rousey
  • MMA Weekly : Dana White addresses welterweight title picture and Tony Ferguson’s current status