Topic: Marquardt vs. Woodley

Marquardt vs. Woodley

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,582  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,524
  • Post Score: 60

06.14.2012 | 12:56 PM ET

Prediction: correct Marquardt   wrong Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for Marquardt vs. Woodley. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 2

DiegoDiegerson
DiegoDiegerson
  • Predictions:  510  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  57
  • Post Score: 107

07.08.2012 | 1:29 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Woodley   wrong Decision  

@AnikM: I could see a lot of good wrestlers - and the WW division has tons - dominating Marquardt with wrestling. At MW, he lost fairly recently to both Sonnen and Okami, who are good wrestlers - I think I might have UFC122 on DVD, so I could look at the Okami fight and see if it was a case of Okami wrestling him. I would bet a lot that Sonnen wrestled him.

Marquardt has done very well against submission grapplers - Palhares and Maia most recently - but has he shown he's able to deal with wrestling?

Another way to think about it - almost every top fighter, at one point or another, has a fight where they fight somebody with more experience and better wins, and they win. Is Woodley a top fighter in the making? Maybe.

"James Jamerson: P4P and overall bass Greatest of All Time. "

jamestilley
jamestilley
  • Predictions:  112  |  56.3%
  • Forum Posts:  32
  • Post Score: 47

07.08.2012 | 10:39 AM ET

Prediction: correct Marquardt   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

Way too many variables in this fight. Just got to go with Nate, even though smart money says TWood.
breakdownfights
breakdownfights
  • Predictions:  217  |  75.1%
  • Forum Posts:  58
  • Post Score: 153

07.13.2012 | 12:10 AM ET

Tough fight to call, but I think Marquardt takes it on experience. Stat breakdown for this fight: http://www.breakdownfights.com/?p=3733
SpiderGuard
SpiderGuard
  • Predictions:  1,914  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  775
  • Post Score: 174

07.13.2012 | 12:24 AM ET

I had a dream last night that Tyron Woodley KO'd Marquardt lol. Still picking Nate to win.
benjaminbrandt
benjaminbrandt
  • Predictions:  18,270  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  15,716
  • Post Score: 229

07.13.2012 | 1:01 AM ET

I think it's much harder to correctly pick fights where you have history going back for both fighters.  I can't shake the memory of Paul Daley rolling into an omaplata off Woodley's single leg and being moderately successful with it.  So that makes me think that Woodley's grappeling is overrated and makes it tough for me to pick him. 

*I'm probably wrong. 

"I have not yet begun to defile myself. "

RockZ
RockZ
  • Predictions:  242  |  65.7%
  • Forum Posts:  457
  • Post Score: 137

07.13.2012 | 10:26 AM ET

Marquardt just seems to me like he should win this. Woodley's competition is not near Nate's level and Nate knows exactly what Woodley wants to do; I think it would be an embarrassment for Marquardt to be out-grappled here. 

"Sure the fight was fixed. I fixed it with a right hand. - George Foreman"

cal1
cal1
  • Predictions:  22,053  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,001
  • Post Score: 251

07.13.2012 | 10:57 AM ET

Most people (including me) WANT to see Marquardt win but from the recent statement's Woodley has made about just wanting to perform for his coaches and trainers and sparring partners... he's going blanket Marquardt for 5 rounds if he has it his way.

"UFC 151 NEVER FORGET"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,326  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

07.13.2012 | 12:53 PM ET

Woodley should be cautious about taking down Marquardt. Don't be shocked if Nate wins this via Guillotine. 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  20,914  |  71.6%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

07.14.2012 | 8:50 AM ET

Changed to Nate but not at all confident in the pick. He's a big question mark after layoff, trt and cut to 170 stuff but I still like him better than the king of lay n' pray. Hope he wins...

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

Piercerdan
Piercerdan
  • Predictions:  22,701  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,987
  • Post Score: 212

07.14.2012 | 1:19 PM ET

Prediction: correct Marquardt   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

Hoping to see nate tekken combo woodley. Been a fan of nate for a long time and at the weighins he made tyron look like a lightweight.

"Fact: knowledge or info based on real occurrences, opinion: a belief held with confidence not substantiated by proof."

JudoRandori
JudoRandori

07.14.2012 | 1:38 PM ET

Nate all day, every day! Whoever said that he's never faced a wreslter as good as Woodley may need to review Marquardt's record.

Most likely outcomes:

Nate via dec

Nate via T/KO

Woodley via dec

Nate via sub

There are no other plausible outcomes.

norbar
norbar
  • Predictions:  2,367  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  473
  • Post Score: 129

07.14.2012 | 2:09 PM ET

Hard to tell since Woodley never though a skilled fighter that has more than 1 dimension also no idea how the long vacation worked for Nate. Still I pick Nate since he rarely has bad results.

"“Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.” ― Oscar Wilde"

Piercerdan
Piercerdan
  • Predictions:  22,701  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,987
  • Post Score: 212

07.14.2012 | 2:53 PM ET

Prediction: correct Marquardt   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

Chael sonnen is a better fighter than woodley and nate was in that fight the whole time with chael being the bigger man, now nate is way bigger.  He should win this, not easily but close to it.

"Fact: knowledge or info based on real occurrences, opinion: a belief held with confidence not substantiated by proof."

MMApicker42
MMApicker42
  • Predictions:  4,050  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,828
  • Post Score: 131

07.14.2012 | 3:03 PM ET

Prediction: correct Marquardt   wrong Submission   correct Round 4  

Woodley will be gassed in the championship rounds.... Just watch
Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,561
  • Post Score: 275

07.14.2012 | 3:05 PM ET

Woodley has been showcasing some serious lay and pray and it's frustrating and boring. Please get some new skills added to your game and come to fight. But nonetheless he only needs to get takedowns and edge out 3 rounds against a Marquardt that hasn't fought in a year and a half and without TRT. I'm rooting for Marquardt to get it together but Woodley decision feels like the safer pick.

"I live, I die, I live again."

FresnoMMA
FresnoMMA
  • Predictions:  55,207  |  68.6%
  • Forum Posts:  7,431
  • Post Score: 204

07.14.2012 | 3:11 PM ET

I'm thinking of changing my pick, I can see Marquardt pulling out a triangle choke in the later rounds.
Haymaker
Haymaker
  • Predictions:  77  |  68.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17
  • Post Score: 41

07.14.2012 | 3:42 PM ET

Woodley by way of boredom. Talented kid but I know alot of people want Nate to win including strikeforce. Nate should win this fight but idk there's a lot going on in his life. Lost his job, down to a new weight class, not taking his rage juice anymore. Hopefully I'm wrong but he looked sickly with that shaved head at the Melendez fight. I thought it got cancer or something. 

"Everyone has "their" Fight Will you do what it takes to triumph?..take the moment! "

Dannotheman
Dannotheman
  • Predictions:  9,433  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,406
  • Post Score: 185

07.14.2012 | 4:20 PM ET

Prediction: correct Marquardt   wrong Submission   wrong Round 3  

Marquardt should completely outclass Woodley everywhere. Sonnen is the only person to successfully wrestle him and Woodley is lightyears behind Sonnen in MMA wrestling.

"God please give me patience, if you give me strength I will just punch them in the face."

DietDrPepper
DietDrPepper
  • Predictions:  14,982  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  637
  • Post Score: 180

07.14.2012 | 4:43 PM ET

Dunno about this one, can Woodley survive 5 rounds without gassing, win at least three and not get finished by Nate? I think he'll barely edge out the first three and then probably give the later rounds away, no confidence whatsoever
bigstrudel
bigstrudel
  • Predictions:  195  |  56.4%
  • Forum Posts:  39
  • Post Score: 79

07.14.2012 | 6:17 PM ET

Prediction: correct Marquardt   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

Woodley's time is up. Finally he's up against someone who has good hands and is good sized. Combined with Woodley's penchant for gassing out quickly is a recipe for disaster.

"Heyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!! (Cristiano Marcello)"

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Ariane Lipski plots her 'best performance ever' against Karine Silva at UFC on ESPN 55
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘This will be one of Canelo’s better performances’: Ellerbe expects showcase victory against Munguia
  • MMA Junkie : Video: BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight-week press conference live stream (6 p.m. ET)
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 press conference video at 6 p.m. ET
  • MMA Junkie : UFC Louisville lineup announced: Dominick Reyes vs. Dustin Jacoby, but no main event official
  • MMA Mania : Wanna Bet Someone Misses Weight? Now You Can!
  • MMA Junkie : Ronda Rousey thinks Joe Rogan, media turned on her after knockout losses: 'They're a bunch of assh*les'
  • MMAFighting.com : Curtis Blaydes: Tom Aspinall fight at UFC 304 makes sense, but I learned ‘don’t get my hopes up’
  • Middle Easy : Trial Date Set for Former UFC Heavyweight Champion Cain Velasquez in Attempted Murder Case
  • MMA Junkie : Israel Adesanya will always respect 'special fighter' Alex Pereira
  • Jits Magazine : PGF World Season 6: Day 3 Recap
  • MMAFighting.com : Shaq: Vitor Belfort knocked out person ‘talking crazy’ at bar
  • UFC.com : UFC UNFILTERED | Ariane Lipski, Austin Hubbard, UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez picks
  • MMA Junkie : Montana De La Rosa, Andrea Lee booked for UFC rematch in Louisville
  • MMA Mania : Cannonier Vs Imamov Headlines UFC Louisville
  • MMA Junkie : UFC's Tim Means doesn't expect to fight for long: 'I turned 40, I know my time is coming'
  • Bad Left Hook : Cieslak vs Chamberlain joins Billam-Smith vs Riakporhe 2 on June 15
  • Bad Left Hook : Michal Cieslak vs Isaac Chamberlain joins Billam-Smith vs Riakporhe 2 on June 15
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! BKFC ‘KnuckleMania 4’ Press Conference Video!
  • UFC.com : UFC Returns To Louisville For UFC Fight Night On June 8 At KFC Yum! Center