Topic: Best Pound-for-Pound Women

Can we get some respectable female rankings?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

kaonohiokala
kaonohiokala
  • Predictions:  2,496  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  206
  • Post Score: 109

04.29.2012 | 5:26 AM ET

I'm not going to sugarcoat my words here.  The consensus rankings for female fighters on this website is a complete joke.  In support of Women's MMA, can we at least get some proper rankings?

Some things I noticed:
-Gina Carano is still ranked.  >_>  These are CURRENT rankings, and Gina Carano's in the top ten and hasn't fought in three years... c'mon guys.
-Tara LaRosa?  Easily a top five women's fighter.  Remove her robbery loss to Roxy, and she has the most impressive win streak out of any female in the sport.
-"Attractive fighters" are being overrated.  Felice Herrig and Marianna Kheyfets most notably.  Ferrig is top 20 on here, but the four people she lost to are not.  An exaggeration of course, but c'mon.
-Someone with no professional fights (Jessica Branco) is ranked #52?
-Kim Couture is #51 with seven pro losses to her three wins?  And half of them aren't ranked above her?
-Jessica Aguilar is ranked freakishly high for some reason.  Top ten is really pushing it.
-Ayaka Hamasaki, Seo Hee Ham, Katja Kankaanpaa?  All easy top 20 fighters that haven't even broken top 60 yet for some reason.

But yeah, that was just a few things I've noticed.  I've been following women's MMA for a while now, so feel free to make inquiries or look through my own ranking list for ideas.

http://www.tapology.com/profiles/kaonohiokala/my-rankings/33-current-best-pound-for-pound-female-mma-fighters

* Edited at 04.29.2012, 6:10 AM ET *

"E momole aku ana i Keka‘a ka ua nahua."

Responses

wilflet
wilflet
  • Predictions:  8,201  |  59.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,413
  • Post Score: 228

04.29.2012 | 6:01 AM ET

wow 101 entries, thats dedication.

i dont like ranking people till i see them fight, thus far (and hopefully its changing) womens mma just dosnt get the exposure for most of us to be as informed as you clearly are.

I think the atractive ones are getting over ranked because theyre the ones getting put on tv/posters etc, i imagine theres a lot of members with only 5 in this ranking.

"Demons run when a good man goes to war."

Unpunished15
Unpunished15
  • Predictions:  1,707  |  57.7%
  • Forum Posts:  146
  • Post Score: 201

04.29.2012 | 8:23 AM ET

@wilflet I agree, the only female mma fighters you see are the ones who will get the target demo watching them, young males therefore atractive women,  having said that i'm not a huge fan of female mma, reason for that is most of the fights i have seen in female mma seem to be so one sided that they hold no interest for me, now if someone can challenge RR in strikeforce, & by that i mean keep their arm attached, that might interest me. yes i know i have a PED suspended fighter on my list.

"no good deed goes unpunished"

wilflet
wilflet
  • Predictions:  8,201  |  59.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,413
  • Post Score: 228

04.29.2012 | 8:28 AM ET

one sided high profile bouts with champions well above the rest of the division arnt a female only thing.
anderson silva (untill sonnen at least)
jones (and increasingly so as he runs out of challengers)
same for aldo.

all look as untouchable as rousey, maybe more so. weve seen holes in her stand up.

"Demons run when a good man goes to war."

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero
  • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,396
  • Post Score: 240

04.29.2012 | 8:40 AM ET

I knew who made this thread the minute I saw the title..... haha

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

04.29.2012 | 10:54 AM ET

I just have basic knowledge of WMMA, I think my ranking's alright though.

"الله أكبرl"

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

04.29.2012 | 11:34 AM ET

rin nakai actualy has a fight we are picking. not sure if we will see it though. can't put cyborg on the list b/c her biggest win i really can't say was legit over carano imho. sara McMann is headlining Invicta FC 2 vs the queen of spades (SB) plus i will put coenen where gurgel is when i rerank and put gurgel 10th. not sure when zoila is going to fight again.

* Edited at 04.29.2012, 11:36 AM ET *

buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

04.29.2012 | 2:50 PM ET

I did mine by how hot they are

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

CashBrewyn
CashBrewyn
  • Predictions:  21,572  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,045
  • Post Score: 212

04.29.2012 | 2:59 PM ET

"My hearts pumpin' the blood of Royce Gracie My thoughts dumpin' the slug and point straightly"

buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

04.29.2012 | 9:55 PM ET

only 2?

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

nightmission10
nightmission10
  • Predictions:  179  |  58.7%
  • Forum Posts:  19
  • Post Score: 168

07.16.2012 | 5:25 PM ET

The true Ranking Lady Watch and see she on the move boys!!

"ICEMAN"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 Results: Koreshkov vs. Umalatov
  • MMA Mania : Muhammad Goes Off On Edwards And ‘Fakest Team I’ve Ever Seen’
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Garcia has skill set to compete with Devin Haney. Does he have mindset?
  • MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway mocks Ilia Topuria’s demands for potential fight; Topuria responds
  • MMA Junkie : Henry Cejudo: Bo Nickal needs to hold his horses, 'maybe 10 fights away from possibly becoming UFC champion'
  • MMA Mania : Frenemies? ‘I Hate To See A Fighter Lose His Confidence’
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 weigh-in results: Welterweights, featherweights set in Chicago
  • MMA Mania : ‘When I Was Your Age, I Already Had Title Defenses, Buddy’
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia fight card
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Belal Muhammad Claims He ‘Hates Leon Edwards’ Guts,’ Hopes To Dethrone The Welterweight King In Manchester
  • Middle Easy : Jorge Masvidal Says He’s ‘Definitely’ Returning To UFC, Wants Logan Paul Or Floyd Mayweather Jr In Boxing After Nate Diaz
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Suggests Herb Dean Played a Part in Jamahal Hill’s UFC 300 Loss, ‘Big’ John McCarthy Responds
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway responds to the 'un-BMF' demands from UFC champ Ilia Topuria
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Eddie Hearn says things about to get real for Ryan Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Hearn says things about to get real for Garcia
  • MMA Mania : PFL Chicago Weigh Ins Results, Staredowns!
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Relive every win of Conor McGregor’s epic UFC career
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Strickland vs. Paulo Costa: Odds and what to know ahead of UFC 302 co-headliner
  • MMA Mania : No Foul Play! ‘The Cutman Used A Boxing Technique’
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 weigh-in video