Topic: Burneika vs. Najman

Burneika vs. Najman

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,582  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,524
  • Post Score: 60

04.20.2012 | 2:19 PM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Burneika vs. Najman. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

04.20.2012 | 2:19 PM ET

Prediction: correct Burneika   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

man don't even know who to go with on this one, guess I will try the bodybuilder

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

04.20.2012 | 2:20 PM ET

is it just me or does his head seem like it was photoshopped on his body?

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

joe kerr
joe kerr
  • Predictions:  241,957  |  68.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,850
  • Post Score: 267

04.20.2012 | 2:43 PM ET

This may be the case here, but unfortunately it's very much how he looks in real life. As far as whom to go with, Burneika is a bodybuilder as bodybuildery as they come, but Najman is, well, a joke. There's a popular story in Poland how he knocked himself out going for a kick and before his fights people joke whether his opponent will manage to beat him before he beats himself. I'd pick Bob Sapp to tap him out or KO him in the first round.

"If the enemy rejects the ground, I would take him down by tackle. Why didn’t he [Royler] do so? May I introduce him to a good coach? His tackle was... like a girl’s one... Mr. Royler, how are you feeling?" - Kazushi Sakuraba

StickmanAndrw
StickmanAndrw
  • Predictions:  5,405  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,146
  • Post Score: 141

04.22.2012 | 2:33 PM ET

Holy mother of Mary!!! Burneika's got some guns! I doubt he's ever gonna amount to anything great, but he does get an easy enough first fight against 0-2 Najman.

"I can't think of anything witty to say at the moment..."

benjaminbrandt
benjaminbrandt
  • Predictions:  18,270  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  15,716
  • Post Score: 229

04.22.2012 | 4:28 PM ET

Burneika looks to be a professional bodybuilder. It's never a good sign when your mma training facility is listed as "Gold's Gym". Najman has competed in K-1.

"I have not yet begun to defile myself. "

benjaminbrandt
benjaminbrandt
  • Predictions:  18,270  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  15,716
  • Post Score: 229

04.22.2012 | 4:38 PM ET

If you havent seen Burneika's pre fight videos, you are missing out. 

I'm not sure if Najman is the bodybuilder-to-mma-fighter's gimmie fight (he also fought Pudz).  If Burneika has sponsored pre-fight youtube videos, it's likely that there is a marketable reason for him to win.  I'll have to give this pick some thought. 

"I have not yet begun to defile myself. "

Lopati
Lopati
  • Predictions:  18,574  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13,352
  • Post Score: 179

04.22.2012 | 11:47 PM ET

A fight between a guy that looks like he "Juices" and a guy whose nickname is Testosterone. *** is going on here.

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

joe kerr
joe kerr
  • Predictions:  241,957  |  68.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,850
  • Post Score: 267

04.24.2012 | 6:33 PM ET

Yes, Najman has competed in K-1. And here's how it went. He's the guy in red trunks.

"If the enemy rejects the ground, I would take him down by tackle. Why didn’t he [Royler] do so? May I introduce him to a good coach? His tackle was... like a girl’s one... Mr. Royler, how are you feeling?" - Kazushi Sakuraba

StefanMewa
StefanMewa
  • Predictions:  6,829  |  72.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4
  • Post Score: 100

04.25.2012 | 5:14 AM ET

To everyone fortunate enough to don't know Marcin "El Cholesterol" Najman.

He is a definition of joke. In his MMA debut he was feeded to Mariusz Pudzianowski - fight lasted 44 seconds. Second MMA fight was against former boxer with one kidney and he tapped to forearm choke. Than he fought the same man in K1 rules and he pulled Bob Sapp ("leg contusion"). He is known in Poland from reality show antics and these act of incompetence.

Mr Burneika is some kind of celebrity due to his hilarious videos but he is not a fighter at all. As you see he is one big bodybuilder so is better to not expecting any conditioning at all.

Conclusion: classic display of freak show. I will be there it might be fun.

* Edited at 04.25.2012, 5:18 AM ET *

"I learned sort of a variation of that [front kick] in Japan probably 30, 40 years ago and I’ve been perfecting it all these years. It’s not exactly Karate, it’s just something that I created that’s just a little bit different."

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  20,861  |  71.6%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

04.25.2012 | 6:48 AM ET

Haha, that looks like a awesome fight, those promo videos are pretty cool Burneika's kicks seem like they coming straight from hell...

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

Przemek
Przemek
  • Predictions:  478  |  75.1%
  • Forum Posts:  3
  • Post Score: 100

04.26.2012 | 9:08 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Najman   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

The funny thing is that Burneika  didn't train to this fight.He don't wanna lose muscle cause all in all he's bodybuilder-that what he said :D

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Meet PFL’s Latest Flyweight Signing, Melissa Balic!
  • Jits Magazine : Elijah Dorsey To Challenge Max Hanson For Welterweight Title At Enigma Invitational 15
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Buckley Lands UFC St. Louis Co-Main Vs. Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Just continue being the best’: Crawford looks forward to upcoming title fight with Madrimov
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Gets New Opponent For Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Terence Crawford vs. Israil Madrimov official; Isaac Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr. on undercard
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereira’s Wrestling To Ben Askren’s Striking: ‘Such A Deficiency’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows That’
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau done with Manel Kape bookings, focused on title shot after UFC on ESPN 55 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight card: Perry vs. Alves
  • Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann claims he hasn't watched tape on Bogdan Guskov ahead of UFC on ESPN 55 co-main bout
  • MMA Mania : Keep $300K Bonuses! ‘It Can’t Go Back’
  • MMAFighting.com : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev announced for UFC St. Louis co-headliner
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ‘It’s Weird To See’
  • MMAFighting.com : Cain Velasquez attempted murder trial set to begin in September
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo confirms UFC 301 final fight on contract, hints at boxing match at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Run it back, give fans a fair fight’: Devin Haney on Ryan Garcia loss