Open Thread

Hardy Fight off Invicta FC 21, New Bout Added

Meers222
Meers222
  • Predictions:  1,028  |  65.8%
  • Forum Posts:  50
  • Post Score: 116

01.10.2017 | 9:31 PM ET

Heather Hardy had her MMA debut pulled today when her opponent Brieta Carpenter got hurt. Invicta has added a new featherweight fight between former UFC fighter Elizabeth Phillips and Leah Letson.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/1/10/14233202/elizabeth-phillips-to-make-invicta-fc-debut-after-heather-hardy-fight-falls-off-card

Responses

unbeknownst
unbeknownst
  • Predictions:  3,676  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,583
  • Post Score: 189

01.11.2017 | 1:15 AM ET

This sucks. I was surprised Heather Hardy was such a huge dog on Tapology, against someone that was making their pro debut. I'm just assuming most people don't know who she is.

"I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and kill them."

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  63,756  |  62.1%
  • Forum Posts:  14,259
  • Post Score: 254

01.11.2017 | 2:57 AM ET

@unbeknownst, Brieta is a fantastic fighter who comes from a great camp ... also I'm pretty sure she would've just taken it to the mat hadn't the striking gone well (which I'm not 100% it wouldn't have even with Hardy's boxing credentials - usually a kickboxer beats a boxer in a kickboxing match and Brietta's a pretty good kickboxer).

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  10,160  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,145
  • Post Score: 169

01.11.2017 | 7:44 AM ET

Brieta had a pretty long amateur career and Hardy has no MMA experience I know of. After seeing Van Soest get tapped out by Kal Holliday it's hard to pick another good striker with no MMA experience against someone with an excellent amateur record. Plus it's Invicta, giving potential prospects matchups they lose badly is what they do.

"He thinks he's the ninja. I'm the ninja. Ninja Gaiden. American Ninja. Real motherfu-king ninja." - Nate Diaz

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

• MMAFighting.com : Bellator 180 press conference video
  • MMA Weekly : Luke Rockhold: ‘Georges St-Pierre vs. Michael Bisping is a Joke’
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Michael Bisping says if Georges St-Pierre isn’t ready by July, Yoel Romero gets title shot
  • MMA Weekly : If Georges St-Pierre Delays, Michael Bisping Says Yoel Romero Gets Title Shot First
  • MMA Weekly : Got $3.1 Million? If So, You Can Buy Kenny Florian’s Hollywood House
  • MMAFighting.com : Vitor Miranda vs. Marvin Vettori added to UFC Fight Night 112 in Oklahoma
  • MMA Weekly : LFA 10: Heinisch vs. Rota Gets Huge, 7-Fight Main Card
  • MMAFighting.com : Monday Morning Analyst: Armbar defense at Invicta 22
  • MMAFighting.com : Ilima-Lei Macfarlane to meet Jessica Middleton in Bellator 178 co-main event
  • MMA Weekly : With Cris Cyborg Out of the Way, Megan Anderson Claims Undisputed Invicta FC Title
  • MMAFighting.com : CSAC study: Nearly 30 percent of fighters step in cage at more than 10 percent above weight class
  • MMAFighting.com : Chael Sonnen explains van incident that started Wanderlei Silva rivalry, Silva angrily responds
  • MMAFighting.com : Dillon Danis boasts he’s the ‘highest-paid guy in Bellator now’
  • MMA Weekly : Floyd Mayweather Has Pointed Response for Conor McGregor and Dana White
  • MMAFighting.com : Scott Coker reveals price tag for second Bellator pay-per-view
  • MMAFighting.com : James Gallagher vs. Chinzo Machida set for Bellator 180
  • MMA Weekly : Nick Diaz is the Latest UFC ‘Coward’ to be Called Out by a Boxing Champ
  • MMA Weekly : Watch the Bellator NYC: Sonnen vs. Silva Presser Stream LIVE, Tuesday at 1 pm ET
  • MMA Weekly : Tyron Woodley: UFC Matchmaking ‘a Bit Much of the Entertainment World’
  • MMA Weekly : UFC 210: Cormier vs. Johnson 2 Final Line-Up