Open Thread

Hardy Fight off Invicta FC 21, New Bout Added

Meers222
Meers222
  • Predictions:  1,617  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  60
  • Post Score: 107

01.10.2017 | 9:31 PM ET

Heather Hardy had her MMA debut pulled today when her opponent Brieta Carpenter got hurt. Invicta has added a new featherweight fight between former UFC fighter Elizabeth Phillips and Leah Letson.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/1/10/14233202/elizabeth-phillips-to-make-invicta-fc-debut-after-heather-hardy-fight-falls-off-card

Responses

unbeknownst
unbeknownst
  • Predictions:  3,823  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,605
  • Post Score: 188

01.11.2017 | 1:15 AM ET

This sucks. I was surprised Heather Hardy was such a huge dog on Tapology, against someone that was making their pro debut. I'm just assuming most people don't know who she is.

"I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and kill them."

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  63,900  |  62.1%
  • Forum Posts:  14,364
  • Post Score: 254

01.11.2017 | 2:57 AM ET

@unbeknownst, Brieta is a fantastic fighter who comes from a great camp ... also I'm pretty sure she would've just taken it to the mat hadn't the striking gone well (which I'm not 100% it wouldn't have even with Hardy's boxing credentials - usually a kickboxer beats a boxer in a kickboxing match and Brietta's a pretty good kickboxer).

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  10,941  |  64.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2,238
  • Post Score: 166

01.11.2017 | 7:44 AM ET

Brieta had a pretty long amateur career and Hardy has no MMA experience I know of. After seeing Van Soest get tapped out by Kal Holliday it's hard to pick another good striker with no MMA experience against someone with an excellent amateur record. Plus it's Invicta, giving potential prospects matchups they lose badly is what they do.

"He thinks he's the ninja. I'm the ninja. Ninja Gaiden. American Ninja. Real motherfu-king ninja." - Nate Diaz

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

• MMA Weekly : LFA 14 Results & Highlights: Eryk Anders and Roberto Sanchez Score Gold!
  • MMA Junkie : LFA 14 results: 2 new champs crowned after Colbey Northcutt drops pro debut
  • MMAFighting.com : Bellator NYC Results: Sonnen vs. Silva
  • MMA Junkie : Tim Boetsch licking his chops at chance to put away ex-champ in hostile territory
  • MMAFighting.com : Bellator NYC weigh-in photos
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Chiesa insists victorious return more important than sending message to Kevin Lee
  • MMAFighting.com : Colbey Northcutt, sister of Sage Northcutt, loses in pro debut at LFA 14
  • MMA Junkie : Johny Hendricks not concerned about slugging it out with heavy hitter Tim Boetsch
  • MMAFighting.com : Douglas Lima vs. Andrey Koreshkov full fight video
  • MMA Junkie : LFA 14 live and official results
  • MMA Weekly : B.J. Penn: ‘We’re Going to Take This As Far As It Can Go’ (UFC Oklahoma City video)
  • MMA Junkie : Anti-doping chief: UFC may steer away from Texas after Cortney Casey cleared of wrongdoing
  • MMA Junkie : Plenty of security keeps Chael Sonnen, Wanderlei Silva separated at Bellator NYC ceremonial weigh-ins
  • MMA Junkie : Bellator NYC ceremonial weigh-ins video, photos: Security keeps Sonnen, Silva separated
  • MMA Junkie : For Chael Sonnen and Wanderlei Silva, a clash of rivals is also one of peers – like it or not
  • MMA Weekly : Conor McGregor’s Coach Expects Him to Fight in the UFC Late This Year
  • MMA Junkie : Floyd Mayweather's trainer worried about Conor McGregor 'doing something stupid' in fight
  • MMAFighting.com : Royce Gracie wishes old rival Matt Hughes a full recovery after crash
  • MMA Weekly : Bellator NYC: Sonnen vs. Silva Weigh-in Video Replay
  • MMA Junkie : 10 reasons to watch UFC Fight Night 112, with a main event that matters in the rankings