- Given Name: Michael Earl Russow
- Pro MMA Record: 15-3-0, 1 NC (Win-Loss-Draw)
- Nickname: N/A
- Current Streak: 2 Losses
- Age: 1976-11-09 | Date of Birth: 1976.11.09
- Last Fight: January 26, 2013 in UFC
- Weight Class: Heavyweight | Last Weigh-In: 256.0 lbs
- Affiliation: N/A
- Height: 6'2" (188cm) | Reach: 73.0" (185cm)
- Career Disclosed Earnings: $147,000 USD
- Born: Kankakee, Illinois, United States
- Fighting out of: Chicago, Illinois
- College: Eastern Illinois University
- Foundation Style: N/A
Regional Rankings Rankings FAQ
Mike Russow is ineligible for regional rankings due to inactivity.
Fighters must have at least one completed MMA bout in the past two years to be ranked.
Mike Russow Wiki Update Wiki
A heavyweight mixed martial arts fighter known for his size and grappling ability, Chicago police officer Mike Russow made his professional debut in 1998, but took eight years off from the sport before coming back to active competition in 2006. Since then, Russow has put together an impressive resume, defeating Justin McCully and Todd Duffee since joining the UFC in 2009.
In what was surely one of—if not the—biggest come-from-behind victories in MMA history, Russow bounced back in the third round of his fight with undefeated knockout artist Duffee to get a knockout of his own at the 2:35 mark, winning Knockout of the Night honors for his effort after being severely outclassed on the feet for the entirety of the fight. After dropping back to back fights to Fabricio Werdum and Shawn Jordan it was announced that Mike Russow had been cut from the UFC.